Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: New York Knicks vs New Jersey Nets Game Thread 10-4-09 *Preseason*

cosign smokes...this is only preseason.
    i think if we learn to win together, the playoffs cant miss us this year

It may have been just a preseason game but I thought the team showed a lof of promise last night. Harrington really looked good and I think he could emerge as a force this year. All in all it was the ideal start to the pre season, lets just hope they keep it up. Heres a link to the postgame interviews with D'Antoni and Harrington..... http://video.msg.com/Home/dNRAvNTVZuIfCzltM8r7svYsEEB9N21X<!-- m -->

Originally Posted by smokes
    I don't know what to read into this. Last preseason we started well too and look where we ended up. Saying that our team this year looks to be playing hard and having fun.

For me the standouts last night were Gallo and TD. DLee, Chandler, Jefferies all put on good performances but you expect it from DLee and Chandler and Jefferies performance I'm gonna take with a pinch of salt.

Watching Gallo's dribble moves and those sweet handoffs to DLee was very impressive. He was stroking it from long range too which was great to see.

TD showed a lot more than in Summer League, he's obviously been working a lot and I really hope he's gonna get heavy minutes this year. At least with Duhon and Nate on the team there's no danger of wearing guys out like last year.

Also got to note that Chandler looks a lot better on the dribble and created a few of his own shots flawlessly, big improvement over last year.

Dude haha, Last year we looked great in preseason, and then looked great to start the season

then trade our two leading scorers for role players.

I think its a bit different being that most likely our leading scorers arent going any where, plus we have bout 6 guys who can drop 20 any given night. Not that many teams other than the top 10 in the league have that type of scoring ability

chandler
    gallo
    harrington
    lee
    nate
    hughes

all have the ability to score 20 points if they get the touches.

Last year to begin the season

only crawford and randolph were truly our only real scorers. based on lee and nates previous seasons, and chandler and gallos unproven ability.

I think we are allot better to start the year than we were last year.

Lee is better than Randolph

harrington is better than Crawford

chandler is better than q rich

and gallo is healthy.

Im pretty pumped about this.

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    Dude haha, Last year we looked great in preseason, and then looked great to start the season

then trade our two leading scorers for role players.

I think its a bit different being that most likely our leading scorers arent going any where, plus we have bout 6 guys who can drop 20 any given night. Not that many teams other than the top 10 in the league have that type of scoring ability.
    Wait. Last year we traded our two leading scorers for role players and that was the cause of a 32-50 season, but now that those same role players are our leading scorers this year suddenly we'll be a 47-35 team?? Did I miss something?

The team looked good overall but it was only the Nets. We already know they can score. The thing i'm looking at is their ablility to close out games which is vital to this teams success. Hopefully on Friday the game will be extra competitive and the Knicks will show us how good they can be in the 4th quarter crunch time situations.

I was impressed by Gallo's passing ability and TD's on ball defense. Harrington will be auditioning all year to remain a Knick. Darko looked like a good defender and Hill sucked. Chandler continues to improve. Lee knows once he gets that 15-20 footer working he can go to the next level.

Curry better get his lard ass out there on Friday. Have some damn dignity man!

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Wait. Last year we traded our two leading scorers for role players and that was the cause of a 32-50 season, but now that those same role players are our leading scorers this year suddenly we'll be a 47-35 team?? Did I miss something?
    A year of development?

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    I Said 45-37 lol.

And yes suddenly thats what we become.

Most teams who make two major trades in one season have a hard time picking up speed. We won 6 in a row and then bought in hughes which messed our chemistry up big time. plus we were 14-14 when gallo an injured gallo played, chandler cant get worse, and I was referring to the START of the season, see original quote. As well as PRESEASON see original quote, and how a good preseason is a precursor for a good season, and how last year we had a losing season but looked great in preseason. I believe we would of went 42-40 had we kept the same team from training camp all the way through. Trading away your two leading scorers, yesss definitely is a cause for losing quite a bit of games during an NBA season, where practices are few and far between.

Default starting lineup

Duhon - N8/Douglas
    Chandler - Hughes
    Gallo - Jeffries
    Harrington - Hill
    Lee - Darko - Curry...