Curry being shut down

LJ4ptplay

Starter
This fat f*ck is completely destroying the Knicks. He destroyed the present and he's going to destroy the future. There is no way we can trade him. So therefore the 2010 plan is f*cked!

Eddy ain't ready
4:31 PM By Alan Hahn

Somewhere between mid-August -- when Eddy Curry was apparently running full-court against other players and looking ready for the season -- and about two weeks ago Eddy Curry's comeback went in reverse.

After Curry missed all but one practice of training camp last week with a calf injury, the Knicks decided to shut him down and put him back on his own regimen and on his own timetable.

Translated: after three months of training, Curry still isn't ready to play basketball.

"While he did a lot this summer, he's not ready to go out there and play at NBA speed," Donnie Walsh said at practice today. "We're going to take longer to get him out there, because every time he comes out on the floor, he pulls a muscle." (Thanks to Barbara Barker, who covered practice today)

Walsh insisted it was no longer a weight issue, but more about conditioning. When, you have to wonder, does it become an issue with a player not living up to the basic requirements of his professional contract?

Though most fans are quick to mention it, don't expect the Knicks to pursue this any time soon. The "failure to perform" fight is a rare one and if this team never took Jerome James to task for his sumo fitness standards, then you can't expect they'll go after Eddy at this point. There is still time to get him back into shape and on the court this season.

And, quite frankly, all this shows is Curry was in far worse shape at the end of last season than any of us even knew.

But I can understand the issue that immediately concerns most fans: how do you convince someone to take him in exchange for an expiring contract to clear his $11.2M off the 2010-11 cap?

Right now, that'll be a greater miracle than getting the Bulls to take Big Jerome.

portega1968

El Cacique
what a frikin curse. at least if he could get into shape by next summer, we may be able to trade him then.

FUUUUCCCCKKKK!!!!!

Big C

Benchwarmer
That's crazy because Curry worked out with one of the best and serious trainers this summer. Once he is out of the lineup I really doubt that Mike D will let him back anytime soon. Especially if Darko is blocking shots and rebounding.

CoolClyde

Low Expections... hello!

more from Alan "me-so" Hahn-y and Really GM

Knicks Lower Expectations On Curry
Oct 06, 2009 5:02 PM EST
nyk_40.gif
Eddy Curry is still beset by injuries and the Knicks acknowledge that the center is not ready for NBA competition. The team seems ready to shift gears and lower expectations on Curry's return.

"While he did a lot this summer, he's not ready to go out there and play at NBA speed," Donnie Walsh said Tuesday. "We're going to take longer to get him out there, because every time he comes out on the floor, he pulls a muscle."

Alan Hahn discusses the possibility that the Knicks could terminate Curry's contract for failing to live up to the basic contractual requirement that he keep himself in playing shape. The likelihood of the team pursuing such action is thought to be remote.

Duh! Knick fan expectations for Curry have been lower than a pregnant ant for 2 years.
Curry's yanked more crank than an eight-armed prostitute, Jerome James II at twice the price.
The fat-ass does everything half-assed, what makes this year different than last,
because he's thinner? he's NOT IN SHAPE. period.

Why can't James Dolan sue his players? everyone sues him, or takes his money for doing nothing:
Anushca and Larry Brown, Mebury, Penny, JRose, Li'l Stevie Francis, Allan Houston, James, Curry...

Why can't teams pursue action re terminating a contract for failure to live up to basic conditioning? Curry is taking advantage of situation, and Players Ass'n rules; he's taking the money and not doing his job. It should be illegal to cause a professional team to take such a loss year after year.
Shame on you Eddy Curry, you should be embarrassed, not just for yourself, but your kids!!
Eddy Curry is LAME!

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Close the thread. Talking about eddy is a waste. I'd rather talk about stephon marbury. How's he doing nowadays??? :lol:

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
There's more bad to this than good. Darko will get more minutes but trading Curry will be so difficult. I really hope it doesn't come down to buying him out. His salary will count against our cap, which can be one of the worst things due to the cap most likely being reduced. This guy is just a waste. He's following in Jerome James's shoes. The sad part is Curry actually has talent. Sigh. How many more athletes will throw their careers away? I also agree with CoolClyde, you should be allowed to take legal action after a certain period of time against players. I hope someone will take him, like the Bulls took James. But I highly doubt its going to happen.

Kiyaman

Legend
That's crazy because Curry worked out with one of the best and serious trainers this summer. Once he is out of the lineup I really doubt that Mike D will let him back anytime soon. Especially if Darko is blocking shots and rebounding.

What was this trainers name that Curry workout with this summer?

The Knicks organization did not spend one penny on Curry's 40 pound loss.
And it seems Dantoni dont want Curry in the gym (ala Marbury).

I may not be a Curry Fan, but shuuut just dont look right.
1) Firing coach Mark Aquire whom made Curry a lethal low-post threat.
2) Refusing to hire Patrick Ewing meant Curry is not in the Knicks future plans.
3) Refusing to assign trainers for "project" Curry on his rebounding and running this summer.
4) After watching both rookies (Hill & Douglas) in the summer games where their strong areas are on defense.....add a bigman low post scorer (Curry) and a peremeter shooter (Gallo & Nate) that would make both rookies talents very useful.
5) The interest showed by the Knicks expensive coaching-staff in preparing Curry for this season was none.

skelos

Rookie
Currys a grown ass man. the knicks shouldnt have to pay for him to get back into shape. thats why they're paying him millions of dollars to keep himself fit and contribute. the knicks shouldnt have to hold his hands and dish out extra money for him to get fit

LJ4ptplay

Starter

Jerry Powell and Tommy Weatherspoon.

2) Refusing to hire Patrick Ewing meant Curry is not in the Knicks future plans.
3) Refusing to assign trainers for "project" Curry on his rebounding and running this summer.
4) After watching both rookies (Hill & Douglas) in the summer games where their strong areas are on defense.....add a bigman low post scorer (Curry) and a peremeter shooter (Gallo & Nate) that would make both rookies talents very useful.
5) The interest showed by the Knicks expensive coaching-staff in preparing Curry for this season was none.

Why are you trying to blame Donnie and D'Antoni for his poor conditioning? They hired trainers to work with him all summer. He lost a lot of weight during that time.

But then unfortunately Curry had 2 weeks off before training camp where he must have spent the entire time playing video games at eating cheeseburgers.

Like skelos said, he's a grown man. He should have the respect to work on his own and not have to be babysat every minute of every day like a little child.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Eddy you fat paper mache lesbian. I fart in your general direction.

amd_knicks-curry.jpg
"Towel boy!!!! I said get me a dick and a quarter pounder NOW!!!"

Trin_Starr

Starter
This really blows - it would have been the perfect opportunity to trade curry this season...

The good news is that the knicks trainers are going to work him out 3 times a day...and hopefully he comes back in november...but then integrating him into D'Antoni's rotation with the season already started is going to be tough....and d'Antoni just doesn't seem like the person so showcase a person and sacrifice wins ala Marbury.

All we can do is hope is that curry is fit and in nba shape and playing well by February next year so that some nba team on the verge of the playoffs realizes that they need a low post presence and trades for him....

Somehow I think it's going to cost us Chandler or a 1st rounder in 2012 just to move Curry for expirings.

But on the good side...if we use Chandler to move Curry - we would have enough cap space to sign 2 max free agents....Lebron and a superstar of his choosing...

Or it's not the end of the world if curry stays....
Suppose either Chandler or Gallo or both have bust out seasons, we can convince Lebron to come over in 2010, then when Curry and Jefferies' contract expire next season in 2011, we can pick up another max free agent....or make a great offer to Kevin Durant....with Olka Thunder being in dire straits, it's hard for me to see them signing Durant to a hefty long term contract....

Only time will tell on how things will unfurl....

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Did you know it was D' Antoni who placed the bombs in the basement of the Twin Towers as well. That mother****er's responsible for everything bad that's happened in NY!

jzero29

Rotation player
look who his veteran center has been last couple years

jerome hamburger james. you tell me james, hasn't set the seed in curry's mind that he doesnt have to do shit to get paid

johnstarky

Rotation player
Frederic Weis, Jerome James and now Eddy Curry.The Knicks have been cursed with the worst big men ever since Ewing's career was over.

tiger0330

Legend
The only way to dump Curry is what the Knicks did to Mobley. Examine him, find that congenital heart problem he has a danger to him and force him to retire. Unfortunately, you can't get a heart attack sitting on your fat ass.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
The only way to dump Curry is what the Knicks did to Mobley. Examine him, find that congenital heart problem he has a danger to him and force him to retire. Unfortunately, you can't get a heart attack sitting on your fat ass.

The difference is that Curry contract is not insured so not tradable

nyk_nyk

All Star
They just don't make em the way they use to. I remember guys from 10-15 years ago would keep themselves in shape and play through minor injuries. Dudes like Starks, Ewing, LJ, Mason, Oakley, Jackson, Ward, Childs...etc never wasted Dolan's money even if they didn't have great years. They still played with heart and played with passion for the game. This lame ass fu** Curry has little pride and doesn't respect the game nor his teammates.

The Celtics had to FORCE KG to shut it down last season. He wanted to go to war with his team and help them win. KG is getting paid waaay more than Curry and that's one of the reasons why besides the obvious talent difference.

If we heard reports of Curry willing himself on the court and playing through the pain only to be shut down by the team, then he would get more respect. The probelm is, we don't get a feeling that he's really giving it his all. Add to that he's takinig up a large amount of cap (thx Isaiah) and fu**** up things for the neat future. He doesn't deserve to sweat on the Knicks uniform.