Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade ideas to dump Eddy and Jared

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Trade Icon Trade ideas to dump Eddy and Jared

Trade 1

Knicks trade
    Curry
    Chandler

Thunder trade
    Thomas (expiring)
    Sefolosha (elite defensive athlete)
    Ibaka (elite athlete with alot of skills, sleeper)

Knicks backourt

Starters
    Duhon
    Sefolosha

Back ups
    Robinson
    Hughes
    Douglas

Knicks frontcourt

Starters
    Gallinari
    Harrington
    Lee

Back ups
    Darko
    Ibaka
    Hill
    Thomas
    Jeffferies

Trade 2
    Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to New York and Houston being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York and Houston had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Houston trades
    Jermaine Taylor
    Pops Mensah-Bonsu
    Joey Dorsey
    Tracy McGrady

Knicks trade
    Chandler
    Curry
    Jefferies
    Jordan Hill

Rockets
    PG - Brooks/Lowry
    SG - Chandler/Barry
    SF - Battier/Ariza/Jefferies
    PF - Scola/Hayes/Landry
    C - Yao/Curry/Hill

Knicks
    PG - Duhon/Robinson/Douglas
    SG -Hughes/Taylor
    SF - T'Mac/Gallinari
    PF - Harrington/Mensah-Bonsu/Landry
    C - Lee/Darko/Dorsey

=D

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

those are all good ideas im down with anything to get them *****s off the team as long as it does not include galinari

Trading Chandler would suck major dick.. But I guess you gotta give something to get something.

I'm all for those trades. I dunno if it's enough for teams to want to take on Curry tho.

I'd love trade one if we are also able to trade Jefferies as well. Although even without trading Jefferirs trade 1 does save us 8 million in cap, plus adds a couple of young players to our core.

Trade 2 is just not going to happen -no disrespect of course-, simply because Houston is also hoping to be players in the 2010 FA market, I doubt they sacrafice that for the sake of adding Curry and Jefferies who would not even be starters for them, even if we do include Wilson in the deal.

I think we all know that Houston will miss Yao's low post presence, and I think Curry would be an option if his contract was expiring but not with two years left on the deal. Houston has played well enough in the past without Yao that there is no need to make a drastic move.....plus Curry still hasnt even had one practice of full court scrimages!

truthfully, Curry would have to damn near make the All Star to get a team to take him, and that wouldnt be until the trade deadline. His stock went up slightly by shedding the weight, but probably is just as low as it was last year with the recent injuries.

Jared Jefferies.....I think we can pawn him off on a winning team for an expiring deal without including an good player, assuming he does not get hurt!

All I wanan say is are any of us REALLY convinced Gallo will be better than Wilson Chandler in the long run? Like truthfully?

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    All I wanan say is are any of us REALLY convinced Gallo will be better than Wilson Chandler in the long run? Like truthfully?
    Yup, I'm 100% positive that Gallo will be the better player.

I believe Gallo is the real deal. Chandler will be pieced together in a package with either Curry of Jeffries this year or next offseason. That's the only way we'll get rid of one of them...unless JJ keeps up his stroke thru the season.

Yes. I am.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Gallo needs to start having impact preseason games, seriously...

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Gallo needs to start having impact preseason games, seriously...
    Impact preseason games??? Is that even possible. Soon you'll be becoming Kiya like and taking stock in Summer League games.

They need to get rid of them bums ASAP by any means necessary...What the hell was wrong with Isiah, nice ideas but jefferies is the only player i think we will get rid of along with chandler , curry just needs to be cut , take the loss and move on, theres no excuse to be a fat fu*** and not stay in shape for a nba team..Atleast when oliver miller had that problem he was still able to play decent ball and not be injured all the time or beggin for dic** from limo drivers.

Hell no, I'm not convinced yet. I've seen way too much from Chandler to just presume he plays second fiddle to a guy that's just now playing meaningful NBA basketball minutes. It's funny how some guys throw Hill under the bus because of his subpar play over the last two weeks but are continuously ready to annoint Gallo as a future all-star when he's barely done anything so far since he was drafted. Yeah he's shown some things here and there but I need to see consistency.

Playing nearly 1/4 of a season, training camp and two preseason games means nothinig. Unless he contributes to a full season like Chandler has done, I can't **** on Wilson like that. Sorry.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Hell no, I'm not convinced yet. I've seen way too much from Chandler to just presume he plays second fiddle to a guy that's just now playing meaningful NBA basketball minutes. It's funny how some guys throw Hill under the bus because of his subpar play over the last two weeks but are continuously ready to annoint Gallo as a future all-star when he's barely done anything so far since he was drafted. Yeah he's shown some things here and there but I need to see consistency.

Playing nearly 1/4 of a season, training camp and two preseason games means nothinig. Unless he contributes to a full season like Chandler has done, I can't **** on Wilson like that. Sorry.
    I couldn't agree more. I mean I hope Gallo can become a future all star for us, but as of right now I have a really hard time putting him ahead of Chandler. Wilson Has shown the most star potential of any of our young players currently on the team so far.

There is no way Curry and Jeffries can be traded for expiring contracts. Expiring contracts are worth too much and Jeffries and Curry can not be that final piece a contender needs. Contenders are probably the only teams willing to give up expiring contracts right now.

It's time to explore other options. We don't have enough cap space to build a team from scratch next year.