Thread: Do you think the knicks could have won a championship if Bernard King stayed healthy?

Cool Do you think the knicks could have won a championship if Bernard King stayed healthy?

I was thinking about the knicks previous seasons of making the playoffs, and which players could have stood up through the pressure. The knicks have a history of great players choking, and average players throwing other players out of bounds. If your not aware of who Bernard King is, please delete your account.

Its iffy but i think they would have competed real good in the 80s with him.

The thing is, if Bernard doesn't get hurt, we're probably in the playoffs in 84'-85', which means we probably don't get Ewing...So, no we wouldn't have won a championship...

YES watch this guy play...he was the Knick Lebron James...speaking of Bernard King, I was watching MSG clips on him with some old timers and they all told me that if he stayed healthy he would of been one of the best.

Finally someone brings up King. It seemed as if everyone had forgotten about him. He had a 32 ppg season and held the record for most point scored at the Garden, until Kobe beat it (because of the support of rogue "fans").

I wish King would get more recognition, but his injury limited his ability. It's hard to speculate on whether we would've won a championship with King healthy. If King had stayed healthy, the entire Knicks history would be different.

There's honestly too many "what if's" throughout the Knicks history to really try and go in depth with this. As others have said, if King never got injured than the Knicks don't get Ewing.

I do think however that the Knicks maybe should have held onto King when he came back from Injury. A young Ewing and a consistant (yet not explosive) second scoring option in King makes you wonder.

Veteran

Do you think the knicks could have won a championship if Bernard King stayed healthy?

Bernard King + Truck Robinson + Bill Cartwright were on their way to a Championship.

Thats too damn long ago,i'm still stuck on Starks puttin up all thoes bricks against houston.. i think it was 3 for 19 if my memory is correct... WTF!!!!,,all he had too do was play smarter.