Chandler vs Knick Starters

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks have to figure away to stay a .400 and above team....with rental players they must make happy to give the team 100% of their effort.
STARTERS

PG-Duhon, SF-Harrington, and PF-Lee
The coach have to find in this roster the two "fill-ins" for the empty Starter spots, plus the "two fill-ins" must compliment the three above starters talents. Try Gallo & Darko being they are getting all the Knick publicity attention throughout the preseason.

BENCH-PLAYERS for the 1st and 3rd quarter are:

Combo-Guards Nate & Douglas backourt, SF-Chandler, and rookie PF-Jordan Hill

The 4 above bench players are a fast transition unit that can create on offense/defense and rebound, plus the longer this 4-Man unit is kept together the more creative they will become on both sides of the court.
Plus this would make Chandler happy with Hill having his back while making Hill more dominating in the paint (Marion & Amare or Jefferson & Kenyon Martin relationship).

All this garbage talk about Chandler playing the two is all good for crunchtime only. The first 3 quarters of the game we want to get use to holding the lead this season so Wilson Chandler have to be our 32 mpg SF off the bench.

Last edited:

the portable man

Benchwarmer
chandler's dribble isnt even good enough to be SF

he dribbles as good as zach randolph, he's just stronger and he wouldn't be starting for any other team

i'd play him @ SF and PF off the bench, 24 minutes tops considering darko looks like a tool out there and jeffries is in the clouds half the time, him @ the 4 at times off the bench is a much better sub option for harrington

nate and douglas have to start @ 1&2, but now gallo is looking horrendous so this team is completely ass backwards

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
I dont think his lack of a handle would hurt the team that much. I would run with Duhon / Nate at the 1, Chandler at the 2, Harry 3, Lee 4, and Darko 5.

Gallo can fill in at the 2, 3 and 4 spots.

3 pre season games and yall buggin.

Unreal.

I would usual respond, but you guys are out of control.

THe hornets lost by like 40 last night...is any one tripping. no

Kiyaman

Legend
its the knicks and its october, dudes need to relax...

There lies the problem.....it is October, and the Knicks is without a starting & backup SG and Center.

We had this same problem last year in October....Chandler will be force to play SG, and Lee will be force to play center, these players are not happy with the idea...

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
There lies the problem.....it is October, and the Knicks is without a starting & backup SG and Center.

We had this same problem last year in October....Chandler will be force to play SG, and Lee will be force to play center, these players are not happy with the idea...

Yea and what may also happen is that we acquire players during the season, which will disrupt our team chemistry.

All roster moves should only be made in the summer.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wilson Chandler is looking to play 90% of his playingtime this season at the SF position being that he is the best SF on this Knick Roster.
Chandler also want to play 75% of his playingtime with the same unit (6-man lineup) so the gelling could build up to a great same-page chemistry by midseason. Wanting hopefully for his name to at least be mention once or twice in the Lebron & Pierce "SF" All-Star selection.

The Knicks have SF-Landry, SF-Jefferies, SF-Gallo, and SF-Harrington, inwhich all their overall talent do not compare to that of Wilson Chandler.

The Knicks best 6-man lineup that I would steal other teams plays and have them practice and practice so they have it down pack would be these six Knick players:
PG/SG-Nate
PG-Duhon
SG-Douglas
SF-Chandler
PF-Lee
PF-Hill

Sorry Gallo Fans but rookie Jordan Hill showed consistently he will sacrifice his body inside and outside to pick and bumboff any of his teammates defenders so they could score or rebound (Team-Player).
Only if we had a "coach" or Malik Rose to show rookie Jordan Hill how to quickly get his defensive-stance to draw the "charge" for the offensive-foul.

TunerAddict

Starter
Wilson Chandler is looking to play 90% of his playingtime this season at the SF position being that he is the best SF on this Knick Roster.
Chandler also want to play 75% of his playingtime with the same unit (6-man lineup) so the gelling could build up to a great same-page chemistry by midseason. Wanting hopefully for his name to at least be mention once or twice in the Lebron & Pierce "SF" All-Star selection.

The Knicks have SF-Landry, SF-Jefferies, SF-Gallo, and SF-Harrington, inwhich all their overall talent do not compare to that of Wilson Chandler.

The Knicks best 6-man lineup that I would steal other teams plays and have them practice and practice so they have it down pack would be these six Knick players:
PG/SG-Nate
PG-Duhon
SG-Douglas
SF-Chandler
PF-Lee
PF-Hill

Sorry Gallo Fans but rookie Jordan Hill showed consistently he will sacrifice his body inside and outside to pick and bumboff any of his teammates defenders so they could score or rebound (Team-Player).
Only if we had a "coach" or Malik Rose to show rookie Jordan Hill how to quickly get his defensive-stance to draw the "charge" for the offensive-foul.

Yeah because Jordan Hill shooting 0-7 the other night and consistently looking lost on both offense and defense really makes him seem like a starter...

Paul1355

All Star

PG/SG-Nate
PG-Duhon
SG-Douglas
SF-Chandler
PF-Lee
PF-Hill

Mike D has only talked about Hill by using him for defense. Hill won't get that much playing time and not even close to starters minutes.

Jeffries unfortunately is going to get more minutes than Hill, until he is traded that is.

We know is starting Duhon, Lee and Harrington...so the best options to go with are Darko at Center and the 2 spot can be either Chandler, Nate or Hughes depending on how much defense you want.

Kiyaman

Legend
Yeah because Jordan Hill shooting 0-7 the other night and consistently looking lost on both offense and defense really makes him seem like a starter...

I did not mention anything about being a starter.....I mention if I was the coach those would be the 6 players I would be practicing the most hardest into "gellin" together in practice while teaching them how to use other teams plays.
And rookie PF Jordan Hill is getting cheated b/c he suppose to be David Lee backup for 12 to 18 minutes per game this season with an easy assignment of just "getting those defensive-rebounds", making the right passes off the rebound, and provide picks for his teammates. Any thing extra is a plus.
However, it is not hard to see that none of Dantoni's staff has been working with rookie Jordan Hill on this so-call system or what is expected from him this season.

Chandler & Harrington have the 48 minutes at the SF position sowed up.
David Lee relentless rebounding have 32 minutes of the PF position sowed up.
And Gallo is the headcoach Dantoni "PET" player that will get playintime over other Knick players.
So there is no room for Jordan Hill to play all 82 games backing-up Lee for 12 to 18 minutes per game.