Marbury rips Knicks and D'Antoni, says Nate shoots a lot and comments on Lebron

Superfly

Rookie
Although Stephon Marbury says he's not ready to announce his retirement, the for Knicks guard said yesterday he has "shut everything down," taking the season off to work on his businesses and claims he will return to the NBA next season.

Marbury also could not keep himself from ripping his hometown team and coach Mike D'Antoni for their poor preseason play, calling them "a mess."

Marbury went unsigned as a free agent this summer after turning down Boston's veteran minimum offer ($1.3 million) in July. Marbury said he plans to attend the Knicks' home opener Oct. 31 vs. the Sixers with his kids.

Nevertheless, Marbury said he is surprised others want to watch the Knicks.

"I'm just talking as a fan and New Yorker who grew up loving the Knicks: why would I give you my money to watch them?" Marbury told The Post. "This is atrocious. Guys coming down court, just raising up 3-pointers from anywhere. The coaching is horrible. What kind of coaching is this?

"If they shoot like that in the game, imagine how they shoot in practice. New Yorkers deserve better decisions form the front office and New York City has to deal with this mess."

Marbury doesn't see this squad enticing Cavs superstar LeBron James when he becomes a free agent after this season.

"LeBron isn't coming to a rebuilding team," Marbury said. "Why would he come to a rebuilding team? It makes no sense. Is this franchise built to win a championship or to make money?"

The Knicks, who play host to the Nets tonight, have shot 12 of 72 from 3-point range their last two losses.

"People said I was shooting the ball all the time," Marbury said. "What does Nate Robinson do?"

Marbury shot 50 percent during Knicks training camp last season before D'Antoni banished him. After a February buyout, he signed with Boston.
Marbury vows he will play again.

"I'm resting, doing what Michael Jordan did, enjoy life, do things I haven't done in 16 years, keep building my empire," Marbury said. "I wasn't going to Boston for that money. It was a prudent business decision to take off this year."
He didn't have many options. Some believe he rattled the NBA establishment for hosting a 24-hour Ustream show in July during which he swallowed Vaseline because he lost his voice.

"It wasn't a trick, it's a black heritage thing and I did it to help me when I lost my voice," Marbury said. "People saw I was drinking a lot of tea. They said I was crazy. But if I'm hurt, why wouldn't I do something that helps me?"

Marbury has stopped training to work on deals with his Starbury company, which sells apparel online. Marbury said he's getting mom-and-pop stores in Brooklyn and Detroit to sell merchandise.

Marbury played 24 games for the Celtics and 14 playoff contests. Another year away from basketball surely hurts his market value.

"People can say what they want and act like God," Marbury said. "A year from now, you don't know what I'm going to be like. I got to 197 pounds last camp. I'm from the gutter. I can go anywhere."

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/marbury_rips_knicks_coach_says_he_jdyocVkmhjzZQDyjyIqzIP

metrocard

Legend
This man has never been wrong.
D'Antoni is a clown...and Nate is a circus act along with Eddy the Elephant.
Marbury always been a KNICKS fan, why do you think he rebeled and sacraficed himself and his career in attempt to end Isiah's madness?
Marbury put his foot down and shitted on Isiah's chest, the Knick's destroyer.
You're either for Marbury(rebelibious dontgivea**** Knicks fan) or Isiah Thomas (coonassIsiahsexualhomoasspunkassKnickfans)

Stephon Marbury rips Isiah Thomas' scheme, no longer a 'scoring guard'
BY IAN BEGLEY
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Saturday, January 12th 2008, 4:00 AM

Stephon Marbury revealed Friday night that he is struggling to adjust to his new role in Isiah Thomas' offense, suggesting that for the money the Knicks are giving him, they should expect more out of him.

"I didn't get paid the money I got paid to do what I'm doing now," said Marbury, who is the NBA's fourth-highest paid player at $20.1 million. "I got paid to be a scoring guard. ... Now I'm playing more of a passive role."

Marbury finished with 13points, eight assists and four rebounds in last night's 99-90 loss to Toronto. Thomas has designed the offense to feature Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford.

Friday night, Randolph was held scoreless and Curry had just six points. Crawford scored 27.

"It's not working out right now," Marbury said of Curry being the centerpiece.

Marbury is a martyr for all Knicks fans.
May his great soul forever live.

"I want to be a Knick, I want to die a Knick," Marbury told The Post in an exclusive Memorial-Day interview.

"If I ever was to be cremated, I'd want my ashes sprinkled on top of the Garden."

"Playing here has always been my dream," Marbury added. "I want to be in New York more than any place.

Isiah/D'Antoni killed his dream.

knicks1183

Benchwarmer
screw that watermelon head, he is a joke.. I guess hes hanging it up now that no teams is going to wanna sign this bipolar vaseling swallowing BitC**

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
This man has never been wrong.
D'Antoni is a clown...and Nate is a circus act along with Eddy the Elephant.
Marbury always been a KNICKS fan, why do you think he rebeled and sacraficed himself and his career in attempt to end Isiah's madness?
Marbury put his foot down and shitted on Isiah's chest, the Knick's destroyer.
You're either for Marbury(rebelibious dontgivea**** Knicks fan) or Isiah Thomas (coonassIsiahsexualhomoasspunkassKnickfans)

Marbury is a martyr for all Knicks fans.
May his great soul forever live.

"I want to be a Knick, I want to die a Knick," Marbury told The Post in an exclusive Memorial-Day interview.

"If I ever was to be cremated, I'd want my ashes sprinkled on top of the Garden."

"Playing here has always been my dream," Marbury added. "I want to be in New York more than any place.

Isiah/D'Antoni killed his dream.

:aplause::aplause::aplause::aplause::aplause::aplause:

Word Marburys the truth

portega1968

El Cacique
is he suggesting this team was not a mess and the coaching (and everyone's play) didnt suck when he was here?

at least things dont look as bad now as they were with him on the team.

Kiyaman

Legend
is he suggesting this team was not a mess and the coaching (and everyone's play) didnt suck when he was here?

at least things dont look as bad now as they were with him on the team.

It's about the same.....the only difference is the Knick-Fans dont have one reason to be optimistic the last two preseason like they did from 2004 to 2007. However we all notice the personal "favoritiism" coaching from a bum coaching-staff from Lenny Wilkins to Mike Dantoni.

knicks1183

Benchwarmer
Every team marbury has been on he has been the cancer of the team, in some ways i agree with how he feels about the knicks direction, but he did noithing to help there situation out either.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
marbury is funny, but having him as the go to guy wont get the team anywhere...id rather see an attempt to build chemistry between a group of decent players

and WTF @ his nate comment, thats ridiculous, he should've gave him props for scoring 18ppg off the bench on a FG% thats just as good as his

marbury is unneeded when nate does the same thing AND has a better dribble than him, AND also averages much less TO's per minute

marbury is decent player, funny normal dude, but theres no point of having him on the team plain and simple

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Marbury also could not keep himself from ripping his hometown team and coach Mike D'Antoni for their poor preseason play, calling them "a mess."
Call him a cancer all you want, I don't care for him anymore, but dude is right.

Maybe except with what he said about Nate, but still.

Seriously guys...8APG in his lifetime is not selfish. He would have raped ass if Mike D'antoni didn't shut him down.

If Marbury played all of last year, we would have gotten a better record. And 45-37 (DontForgetDerekHarper's propaganda i'm sure you all have seen) would look like something we CAN do.

God, I don't believe im standing up for this guy. But it needs to be said.

JayJ44

Starter
Starbury's not even speaking as a former player or whatever. He's speaking as a Knick fan. Whether you agree with him or not, you gotta respect him for sticking with his hometown team, even after all the shit the Knicks organization has put him through.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
You don't really believe that do you? This homo has been bitter and playing the blame card since Minnesota. Fair enough he got screwed but it's not like he himself isn't a douchebag.

And besides, it's after 3 games in the PRESEASON. If we beat the Knicks lowest record when Marbury was actually a member of the Knicks, then we deserve to shit right in his hat.

He's a bitter lemon.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Marbury is right. Mike D'Antoni is ruining the team with his run down the floor and jack up 3s system. You know there is something wrong when you see guys like Darko Milicic, Jordan Hill, Larry Hughes, and Jared Jeffries taking 20 foot jumpers. And yes, I said Hughes. Hughes is a bum. He is still yet to make a field goal, in the preseason.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Not surprised at all. I have been saying for 2 years now that after his current Knicks contract was over, "Starbury" would be out of the league. Who cares what this idiot says now??? Its all sour grapes because D'antoni put Steph on the BENCH where he belonged. In this current economy, no NBA team in thier right mind would waste money on this washed up, petroleum jelly-eating idiot.

KingCharles34

All Star
This is one of the funniest articles i have read in a real long time, i was literally laughing the whole way through it.

"If they can shoot like this in a game, just imagine how they shoot in practice" :lol:

Marbury is that dude, as funny as this is everything he said was on point. Our team is built for losing, we are going nowhere and if I was a big name free agent, i would have no interest in going to what is still a circus in New York.

and lmao @ the jab he took at nate, this team is TERRIBLE

:barf:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
This is one of the funniest articles i have read in a real long time, i was literally laughing the whole way through it.

"If they can shoot like this in a game, just imagine how they shoot in practice" :lol:

Marbury is that dude, as funny as this is everything he said was on point. Our team is built for losing, we are going nowhere and if I was a big name free agent, i would have no interest in going to what is still a circus in New York.

and lmao @ the jab he took at nate, this team is TERRIBLE

:barf:

If the Knicks lose to Maccabi Tel Aviv, I'm going to laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol:

tiger0330

Legend
Starbury's not even speaking as a former player or whatever. He's speaking as a Knick fan. Whether you agree with him or not, you gotta respect him for sticking with his hometown team, even after all the shit the Knicks organization has put him through.
His fan club never fails to amaze me, respect him for what? For causing all the dissension and locker room problems while he was a member of the team, for constantly bad mouthing the Knicks and doing as much as he can to discourage free agents that might turn around the team from coming to NY. I would have had some respect for him if he took the high road and signed that min contract with Boston and kept his mouth shut about the Knicks but Mebury has proven time and again he has no class.

JayJ44

Starter
His fan club never fails to amaze me, respect him for what? For causing all the dissension and locker room problems while he was a member of the team, for constantly bad mouthing the Knicks and doing as much as he can to discourage free agents that might turn around the team from coming to NY. I would have had some respect for him if he took the high road and signed that min contract with Boston and kept his mouth shut about the Knicks but Mebury has proven time and again he has no class.

You're saying he was the cause of all the locker room problems we had? That's obviously not true. Most of the problems stemmed from Isiah Thomas, but Starbury is unfairly blamed. How can he help but bad mouth the organization after how badly and unprofessionally they treated him? Why should he keep his mouth shut? He was jerked around and toyed with by Walsh/D'antoni and he should just stay quiet? I think it's the Knicks organization that has no class for screwing with him the whole summer after Walsh was hired.

TunerAddict

Starter
Anyone that has a problem with the Knicks is no fan. Its one thing to dislike decisions being made but to attempt to sabotage and hurt a team makes it quite clear you're not a fan, just someone looking to take "revenge" for a perceived wrong.