Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toney D: Draft Steal

on D reminds me of Payton with those quick hands........... on O he needs to just take it easy

Improved his shot. Still playing D. Real PG or no, this kid has game and FINALLY an opportunity to show it.

Fave player for sure.

Veteran

It was about time. Regardless of what he'll turn out to be (Maybe he'll be like Brandon Jennings and have a few hot games and then fall off, who knows), Douglas plays hard and he plays excellent defense as well. He's had some pretty good games...now if he keeps this up...

everyone knew this guy was better than Duhon and now he finally gets playing time and is showing that he was a steal in the draft.

3 million for his draft right? Donnie you have made yet another great move....give Donnie props.

I'm digging TD. I see a lot of upside and his defense for a young player is awesome

Question Mark

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    everyone knew this guy was better than Duhon and now he finally gets playing time and is showing that he was a steal in the draft.

3 million for his draft right? Donnie you have made yet another great move....give Donnie props.
    donnie you have made yet another great move? it took donnie the whole season to finally put the kid in! he should have been playing him alot earlier. that was one of the things i hated most about dantoni this season..how is a rookie supposed to develop when you dont give him playing time..now that theres a month left in the season he decides to put him in! imagine how much more t.doug would have developed this season if he had more playing time..so yeah thanks alot donnie hahaha

This kid will only get better. He's almost like a mixture of Ward and Childs. He has the heart and work ethic of Charlie Ward. A real grinder. He also loves to play defense. LOVES IT. He has the offense that Childs had, the ability to create.

I think he'll only get better. He can shoot. Sure, he might not be Curry, but his shot is better than Lawson & Jennings. Kid can stroke it. He was basically the man in college, led ACC in scoring. He was the go-to guy. He's now adjusting, and he'll learn to run an offense. That you can teach.

Look at it this way, look at how Galo is playing now that he has a PG who looks for him?

Douglas can also take anyone off the dribble. Penetrate!

I think Douglas, Walker, Sergio & T-mac is a perfect guard rotation, if NYK can bring in the stars:

Plan-A: Lebron & Bosh
    Plan-B: Lebron, Tyrus Thomas & David Lee
    Plan-C: Amar'e, Thomas & Lee
    Plan-D: Lebron & Gay

We could always let Tmac walk, and go after Joe Johnson. But, my thinking is our front court is SO BAD, that Johnson & Lebron is not enough. We still would need a big.

So, maybe we sign Lebron and Thomas, and sign-n-trade Lee for Bosh? WOW!

Who knows. Point is... I'm comfy with Douglas, Walker & Sergio. All young with loads of potential. At the least, they are professional role players on a championship team.

Originally Posted by Alej_Correa
    donnie you have made yet another great move? it took donnie the whole season to finally put the kid in! he should have been playing him alot earlier. that was one of the things i hated most about dantoni this season..how is a rookie supposed to develop when you dont give him playing time..now that theres a month left in the season he decides to put him in! imagine how much more t.doug would have developed this season if he had more playing time..so yeah thanks alot donnie hahaha
    You seem to be confused as to what Donnie Walsh's role is on the Knicks, he is the GM not the head coach.

Originally Posted by smokes
    You seem to be confused as to what Donnie Walsh's role is on the Knicks, he is the GM not the head coach.
    my bad ..its just im pissed mike didnt start this kid before
    donnie did an excellent job

Agreed. That post came from someone who is a self proclaimed "knicks fan of 2011". **** like that pisses me off. Especially when the fairweather fans don't even know who our general manager is...2010 will be the year of the bandwagon. Lets brace ourselves for idiots like alej corea.

Douglas=Stud

Check out this:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Draft night thread I made praising the selections of Toney D

KnicksonLIN.com

Toney Douglas has been very impressive. He would make a good starting point guard for the Knicks. Rodriguez has also been impressive. He understands his role and doesn't hoist up bad shots like Duhon does.

Douglas is lookin real good (pause)...It hurts me deeply to think that Antoni gave Duhell all those big minutes earlier in the season, up until the trade deadline

Default I hate that.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Douglas is lookin real good (pause)...It hurts me deeply to think that Antoni gave Duhell all those big minutes earlier in the season, up until the trade deadline

Ugh. Who's idea was to start Du-not any how??

Originally Posted by Alej_Correa
    Donnie is not the coach....Mike D is...don't mix the jobs of those two.....Donnie picked up Jordan Hill, Larry Hughes, signed Nate, paid extra for Toney Douglas.....it was Mike D's fault for having a love fest with Chris Duhon and never playing Toney D or Nate.....Hughes didnt like Mike D so that ended most of his playing time and Jordan Hill was never played.....do you think Donnie would have signed Hill as the 8th pick if he thought Mike D would play Jared Jeffries over him every game??? NO....substitutions and lineups are not Donnie's job, it's the coaches job.