A Big Improvement This Season Would Be Beating The Sixers

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Of course beating better teams would be great, but the Sixers have gave the Knicks a lot of trouble with their speed and fast breaks.I'd love to see them get wins against them this season.

GetRealistic

Starter
No time better then the home opener... Even though the Garden is going to be a ghost town considering the Yankees and Phillies will be playing game 3 of the world series that night.

SilentJay

Rookie
I think this goes beyond what teams we can or cannot beat. If you look at the first 10 games, we got it tough. There's Miami, Utah, Cleveland, Hornets, Philly, Indy, Bucks, Atlanta, Bobcats (I'm way out of order though). The point is, we don't want this group looking at a negative record early on, that's definitely gonna get 'em and wear 'em down. I can't say with confidence that the whole squad will keep up the intensity after a few close call loses or looking at a 2-8 record, for example (you can extrapolate that to any record you want). The main thing is to lock your rivals at home, make your presence be felt, and if you're playing a contender ala Boston, Lakers, Celts, Magic, Denver... don't let them get away with a blow out. You fight till the buzzer goes. And for the other part, another reason why everyone's lost respect on this team is because of our away record. It was horrible last year. This time we gotta be in them so it can be known (if possible of course) that this team isn't going down without a fight.

Paul1355

All Star
Of course beating better teams would be great, but the Sixers have gave the Knicks a lot of trouble with their speed and fast breaks.I'd love to see them get wins against them this season.
completely agree...beating Philly will prove to the Knick fans that Philly does not have our number for the first time in a while.

We can beat the 76ers by basically shutting down Andre Iguadola. Put Hughes and Chandler on him all game...and hope we don't throw up stupid three's and pray. And play a decent transition game or we'll get crushed.