Knicks #1 Defensive team in preseason.....Yes, you read that right.

Paul1355

All Star
My fellow Knick fans, don't get carried away. Yes, we played good defense this preseason and i do believe we will improve from last year.

BUT

The fact, however, is that 3 out of the 5 games was against the NJ Nets and without Devin Harris. That basically is a horrible offensive team when Harris is not there. The only impressive game was beating Boston and having our defense make a strong contribution to the win.

JayJ44

Starter
Patrick Ewing, Charles Oakley and Latrell Sprewell were no saints when they played for the Knicks but many fans remember them for helping the Knicks get to the playoffs.

I don't know what you are talking about. Charles Oakley was one of the most polite and courteous players to ever step on an NBA court. :lol:

celticpride

Rookie
I don't know what you are talking about. Charles Oakley was one of the most polite and courteous players to ever step on an NBA court. :lol:

I thought his statement about 60% of the NBA players using marijuana and the statement that he made about Allen Iverson's clothes were out of order.

Last edited:

celticpride

Rookie
Fights are one thing. Sometimes heat of the moment, it escalates, shit happens. I don't really think that's a big deal.

Oakley didn't just react to the heat of the moment, he went up to Tyrone Hill and threw a basketball directly at him in a shoot around and later slapped him in a pre season game.

Last edited:
Yooo Celtic Pride A Lil Late On This Thread Myself, But For Just Wanting To Interact With Fans From Other Teams, It Appears You Are Running This Thread Rampid. Every Other Post Is From You Dude. Are We To Believe That You Actually Have A Life ? If You Are Responding To Our Forum This Much, And Have Several Accounts; How Much Time Do You Spend In Front Of The Computer Responding Ten Or Twelve Times A Thread To Various Forums.
Pretty Sad Man

celticpride

Rookie
It's called, having a discussion.Most sports forums have fans that do it.I know where you're coming from.From the look of this place it seems like people don't really have much to discuss besides 2010,Stephon Marbury and the recent draft picks of the Knicks.I can sympathize with Knick fans.The Celtics were just as irrelevant as the Knicks, before they traded for KG and became the best team in the East.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Fine by me.

fine by me too. really, it's ok to get to read points of view from other teams' fans, so i think everyone should keep it civil

welcome celticpride, enjoy your stay but don't expect a friendly treatment when the Knicks play the Celtics. We made it a habbit to have special game threads when our teams play eachother :)

that was 2 seasons ago they were the best team in the east. THey are currently the 3rd best team in the east now. Thats if they can last the season before Glen Davis and Eddie house starts due to inury

TheDA

Rookie
Prediction

Yeah this is coming from a real die-hard Knick fan living in Arizona...but a renewed focus on defense and familiarity with the offensive scheme will make this team better than 45-37...

Don't be surprised to see:

50+ wins this season!!!

Never underestimate TEAM CHEMISTRY! All you "fans" that see the same team as last year really don't have a clue....Just my opinion.

The DA

CoolClyde

Antoni No-D

there's a distinct possibility the Knicks won't be worst defensive team this year, and No-D'Antoni's 15th-best defense goal may well be achieved. The addition of Darko and Douglas, and the fact that most of squad is still together has made Knicks better on defensive end; can't get much worse.

The pre-season MSG specials show Mike No-D stressing defense in films, while bored Knick players sit at desks... is this how you teach defense, in class? the Knicks need a defensive COACH! where's Oakley, getting his car washed?

I welcome Celtdick pride, i'm sure he's at the head of the championship parade AND the gay pride parade, lost in Boston...

:2cents:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Yeah this is coming from a real die-hard Knick fan living in Arizona...but a renewed focus on defense and familiarity with the offensive scheme will make this team better than 45-37...

Don't be surprised to see:

50+ wins this season!!!

Never underestimate TEAM CHEMISTRY! All you "fans" that see the same team as last year really don't have a clue....Just my opinion.

The DA

You're funny.

TunerAddict

Starter
If celticspride or whatever really did come here to discuss stuff, then I apologize. When I posted it seemed like he was just here to troll.

celticpride

Rookie
that was 2 seasons ago they were the best team in the east. THey are currently the 3rd best team in the east now. Thats if they can last the season before Glen Davis and Eddie house starts due to inury

With a healthy KG and the addition of Rasheed they're the best team in the East right now.The Celtics were 44-12 before KG went down last season and were a dominant force.Even without KG they were able to take the Magic to 7 games in the the playoffs and nearly eliminated them.The Cavaliers are an overrated team to me and until they beat the Celtics in a meaningful series they are not the better team.You questioning whether or not the Celtics will have their key players on the disabled list is like me questioning whether or not Gallinari will miss most of the season.