• 35-40

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • 41+

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
So can we have a starting backcourt of Nate and Douglas already?

Also, we could have had Iverson, who wouldn't jack up threes all game long.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Now you're trying to see some positives in this loss by stating that "Oh never mind, charlotte got raped and cavs lost again"? That's just ridiculous!
And saying that the coach doesn't have anything to do with the amount of shots outside the arc is brilliant and ignorant at the same time. It's clear that most of you guys never played basketball and understand shit about the game.
If the players don't play what the coach tell them to do, so why do they have one?
This team lacks leadership on and off the court, period.
And you can state whatever you want tuner, call me an idiot and everything, but D'Antoni is a crappy coach.

TunerAddict

Starter
Now you're trying to see some positives in this loss by stating that "Oh never mind, charlotte got raped and cavs lost again"? That's just ridiculous!
And saying that the coach doesn't have anything to do with the amount of shots outside the arc is brilliant and ignorant at the same time. It's clear that most of you guys never played basketball and understand shit about the game.
If the players don't play what the coach tell them to do, so why do they have one?
And you can state whatever you want tuner, call me an idiot and everything, but D'Antoni is a crappy coach.

I have played basketball, and the coach isn't on the court.

Maybe if this team is so terrible and you hate them so much you should just leave. That way those of us that love this team win or lose can avoid all this bullshit negativity and the constant blame game that follows.

Funny how you think others "don't understand the game." Quite an arrogant statement to make...

nyk_nyk

All Star
I will only partially agree with your post. I agree there were no positives in this game other than Gallo's shooting and a few good flashes from Darko in the paint.

While the coach can't completely control how many 3pt shots guys take in the flow of the game, he can curb it a bit and demand that they drive more to the basket. The way they were jacking up 3s tells me that they play that way in practice and D'antoni is totally okay with it. That's a cause for concern because this team is not the suns team he coachd that had excellent 3pt shooters.

The team definitely lacks leadership. I mean Dantoni did call plenty of timeouts to get things in order but its really the point guard's job to be a coach on the floor and make sound decisions. A good PG would realize that the team needed to get to the line a bit more and direct guys to post up or drive to the basket himself.

The Knicks didn't even know how to get back in the game at a certain point. They played like it was the last game of the season instead of the first. Way too many 3pt attempts and not enough FT attempts. Virtually no defense in the 2nd half. Playing Chandler at the 2 might be a mistake because he's trying to play the position by being more perimeter oriented which is not his game.

Lastly, Darko should start at center and Lee at PF. All this JJ showcasing is not helping the team.

Until next game, this team sucks.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I will only partially agree with your post. I agree there were no positives in this game other than Gallo's shooting and a few good flashes from Darko in the paint.

While the coach can't completely control how many 3pt shots guys take in the flow of the game, he can curb it a bit and demand that they drive more to the basket. The way they were jacking up 3s tells me that they play that way in practice and D'antoni is totally okay with it. That's a cause for concern because this team is not the suns team he coachd that had excellent 3pt shooters.

The team definitely lacks leadership. I mean Dantoni did call plenty of timeouts to get things in order but its really the point guard's job to be a coach on the floor and make sound decisions. A good PG would realize that the team needed to get to the line a bit more and direct guys to post up or drive to the basket himself.

The Knicks didn't even know how to get back in the game at a certain point. They played like it was the last game of the season instead of the first. Way too many 3pt attempts and not enough FT attempts. Virtually no defense in the 2nd half. Playing Chandler at the 2 might be a mistake because he's trying to play the position by being more perimeter oriented which is not his game.

Lastly, Darko should start at center and Lee at PF. All this JJ showcasing is not helping the team.

Until next game, this team sucks.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
I have played basketball, and the coach isn't on the court.

Maybe if this team is so terrible and you hate them so much you should just leave. That way those of us that love this team win or lose can avoid all this bullshit negativity and the constant blame game that follows.

Funny how you think others "don't understand the game." Quite an arrogant statement to make...

Unlike you I don't live in the US or in North America, I'm tired of being awake until 3, 4am to see some morons who don't know what that jersey means.
Back in the 90's I didn't care if I slept 4 or 5 hours and go to school like a zombie because I watched guys like Sprewell, Ward, Houston, LJ, Ewing, Oakley and so many others and they were the main reason of it, I didn't even study to watch them, they made me happy every time I watched a Knick game.
Now? I'm just tired, last year I bought NBA league pass but I'm gonna pass this season, I don't wanna waste money to see some rental players who have 0 passion and 0 heart and show no respect for the Knicks and for new yorkers.
I'm not leaving of course because I've a different mentality, I never switch teams just because they are in a bad phase.
But go ahead, cheer D'Antoni and his staff for their fantastic style of play and continue to pretend that everything is fine, you're a true fan for that.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Very disappointed starting the season off this way. Where was that
defense we played in the preseason go? Ok, so last season we had some
great offense but our defense was horrible. This season I thought we were
heading in the right direction by focusing on defense. Then last night our
defense was just horrendous. Even J O'Neal was laughing at how easy it
was for him to score. Then on top of that towards the end of the second
continuing into the second half, we couldn't hit a shot. I didn't understand
Mike's rotation in this game. Why was douglas only given 6 mins? He should
have had a lot more mins. Why does someone like Chandler, who is so
athletic always want to shoot more than drive in? He plays well when he
drives. I'm sorry but his shooting sucks. Now for some good points. Danilo
finally broke out and showed how well he can shoot. He started off bad,
but picked it up with one shot after another. Only thing i didn't like is he
relies on the three-point shot way too much. Like to see more driving in
and more aggression from him. D-Lee solid as always, one rebound shy of a
double double. Darko impressed me a lot. He's showing confidence playing
with this team. Rebounded well and passed the ball well. Was also very
active on the defensive end. All i can say is it was the first game. I just
hope D'Antoni tells them to stop shooting billion's of threes, as if that's the
only way to score a basketball. Also give Douglas more mins.

portega1968

El Cacique
botton line: waiting for 2010 is hard enough, but do we have to see jared jeffries for 35plus minutes? jeeeeeeeezez o mighty

and please bench Duhon in place of Nate or Douglas... PLEASE!!!

Paul1355

All Star
Run and gun losing confidence

knicks fans....we were in this game when we were feeding guys down low and charging the basket.....we lost this game as soon as we started chucking up three point shots.

Mike D's "run and Gun" or can i say "run and chuck" is showing that our main priority on offense to literally jack up three point shots.

You live and die by the three and we will never go far as a team with these players in this system.

With this style you need pure three point shooters like Novak from the Clippers, like Daquen Cook, Jason kapono etc...Donnie better make a move in 2010 for a pure outside shooter. We don't have pure three point shooters.

nyk_nyk

All Star
knicks fans....we were in this game when we were feeding guys down low and charging the basket.....we lost this game as soon as we started chucking up three point shots.

Mike D's "run and Gun" or can i say "run and chuck" is showing that our main priority on offense to literally jack up three point shots.

You live and die by the three and we will never go far as a team with these players in this system.

With this style you need pure three point shooters like Novak from the Clippers, like Daquen Cook, Jason kapono etc...Donnie better make a move in 2010 for a pure outside shooter. We don't have pure three point shooters.
This is definitely one of the problems. These mix of players aren't suited for the "run and gun" offense. To be totally honest, I don't think this style of play will ever win you a champoinship.

IMO a good coach looks at his personnel and plays to their strengths. What mike D is doing is trying to turn this team into something they're not. We don't have a legitimate low post threat or the PG and shooters neccessary to be an effective run and gun team. This team can perform on various nights but ultimately they are a bunch of role players. (Lee and Harrington are starter material)

What D'antoni should do is start chandler at the 3 or have him come off the bench for gallo. As much as we probably won't like it, play Hughes at the 2 and just use him as a stopper. Start Duhon or Nate and play Lee at the 4 with Darko at 5. This lineup makes more sense from a personnel standpoint. Chandler can play limited minutes at the 2 but he should be used primarily at his natural SF position. Darko makes up for Lee's defensive liability at the 5 plus Lee will still put up numbers at the 4.

Harrington will have to deal with being part of the 2nd unit. While he is one of our best players, they need to do what's best for the team as a whole. I'll use DEN and SA as examples: J.R Smith and Ginobli both come off the bench for their teams even though they are really starters because the coaches realize that it works for the TEAM.

I saw a threat regarding a lineup change for tonight. Hopefully Mike D is on the same page as I am.

Paul1355

All Star
This is definitely one of the problems. These mix of players aren't suited for the "run and gun" offense. To be totally honest, I don't think this style of play will ever win you a champoinship.

IMO a good coach looks at his personnel and plays to their strengths. What mike D is doing is trying to turn this team into something they're not. We don't have a legitimate low post threat or the PG and shooters neccessary to be an effective run and gun team. This team can perform on various nights but ultimately they are a bunch of role players. (Lee and Harrington are starter material)

What D'antoni should do is start chandler at the 3 or have him come off the bench for gallo. As much as we probably won't like it, play Hughes at the 2 and just use him as a stopper. Start Duhon or Nate and play Lee at the 4 with Darko at 5. This lineup makes more sense from a personnel standpoint. Chandler can play limited minutes at the 2 but he should be used primarily at his natural SF position. Darko makes up for Lee's defensive liability at the 5 plus Lee will still put up numbers at the 4.

Harrington will have to deal with being part of the 2nd unit. While he is one of our best players, they need to do what's best for the team as a whole. I'll use DEN and SA as examples: J.R Smith and Ginobli both come off the bench for their teams even though they are really starters because the coaches realize that it works for the TEAM.

I saw a threat regarding a lineup change for tonight. Hopefully Mike D is on the same page as I am.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

I have been stressing a defensive starting lineup with Hughes and Darko for a while now. I am also for cutting Chandler's minutes and making Gallo a starter. J.R Smith and Ginobili are far better than Al Harrington and seeing that they are sixth men does prove your point that Al can come off the bench and be productive.

Duhon
Hughes
Gallo
Lee
Darko

...seems like our best chance for a defensive presence.

Good paragraph in bold.