• 35-40

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • 41+

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jpz17

Starter
There must only be one reason why you are reading this.. It is time for KNICKS BASKETBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New York Knicks (0-0)
Knicks_Logo.gif

vs
Miami Heat (0-0)
logo.gif

Wednesday, October 28 2008
American-Airlines-Arena-Photograph-C12231981.jpeg

Good Evening and welcome to another season of Knicks Basketball pre-game shows. I'm your host, Jpz17.

This season I have decided to unleash a "new-look" Game Thread. This will go with the fact that Knicksonline has a new look.
jpzthread.png

I'm very sorry Rady if you didn't want me to make that. If you want it off please edit this and take it out. I just though a new look everything would be fitting.

medium_allan516.jpg
johnsonlarry0530.jpg

========================================

This Knicks team isn't too different than the last Knicks team. They added some nice new role players this off season.

darkoinmediadaygen.jpg

#30 C Darko Milicic

hillindraftnightjersey.jpg

#43 PF Jordan Hill

douglassintroin.jpg

#23 PG Toney Douglas

Darko is just a role player and I think will always be a role player. He is a good blocker and we need that off the bench. Jordan Hill may be our PF of the future, who knows. He seems like a bust right now but D'Antoni said he is a project. Give him more time. Toney Douglas is the biggest impact player we got, and I think he has GOBS of potential. I could see him being a mix of Chris Paul and Tony Parker (Not quite as good but you get what I'm saying). Toney is a real good pick and looks to be a steal.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f5pKslHoYaQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f5pKslHoYaQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GB1aiADP2YI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GB1aiADP2YI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j0LHulKFihw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j0LHulKFihw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

NOW.. to TONIGHT'S GAME!

dwyane-wade.p1.jpg

dc51461d-1e68-4676-aea1-c3bec2f34b1d.jpg

OFFICIAL JPZ PREDICTION

Knicks- 102
NewYork.png

Heat- 101
Miami.png

It will be a very tough game. Look for Nate and Wade to have a HUGE battle. I'd consider Nate a "little Wade".

t_mobile_fave5_logo_180.jpg

presents

JPZ17's
Barkley_s_fave_five_Saul_Salazar_444x500.JPG

FAVE 5 KEYS TO WINNING
  • Try different defenders for Wade. If someone is getting blown out by Wade, switch him. I'd consider putting guys like Chandler, Duhon, Hughes, and Nate on Wade
  • GET THOSE BOARDS! If we can't get the rebounds we can't really run the fast-break. Why do you think we kept Lee?
  • Keep up the D!!! The Knicks had fantastic defense in pre-season. Keep it up
  • Al Harrington-- When he is hot the Knicks usually do well. When he is playing bad it is almost an automatic loss.
  • Leadership--The Knicks didn't have much leadership last year. They need guys to step it up and be the voice of the Knicks.
Opinions
datprince.png

Another season of knicks basketball is underway, when the our knicks visit the Miami heat to start the regular season. We enter the seasonw ith alot of question marks, 8 players in the final years of their contract and will be looking to impress. That said we will no doubt be a fun team to watch, and a team that has a chance at the postseason but there are still plenty of question, a huge one at PG and C ( the most important positions in basketball ) our defense will still struggle although it has looked more fluid during the postseason. Another question is we still lack a superstar, someone who could come in and dictate the game. Also it'll be interesting to see how Gallo will play in his first regular season game where he is healthy, and how he can rebound from a poor preseason, that said lets move on to the game

The Knicks and Heat have history that dates back to the 90's and the has been a fairly even battle since, its always fun when you watch these two teams face off, but one thing - or player to watch is Dwyane Wade he killed the knicks, most notably in that one game where he brought the heat back from behind and scored 20 points in the 4th the knicks still dont have an answer to him at the 2 cause nate isnt that good defensively and Chandler is too slow, our one fighting chance to contain Wade and possibly prevent him from bursting out is Toney Douglas he has the size and skill and is great with his on ball defense to actually be positive but he is a rookie and D'Anotni might not give him major minutes out the gate.

my prediction it will be a back-and-fourth game as both teams will have it going on offense but the game will come down to who will make the big shots and who will make the defensive stops, and i think that will be Miami cause of one player- Dwyane Wade. he's killed us before and he'll do it yet again and he sends us to Charlotte disappointed

we do however get solid games from Lee, Harrington, Gallo and Chandler and Duhon leaves us scratching our heads with some retarded decisions

X-factor- Douglas he'll surprise alot of us from game 1

Predicition- Heat-101 Knicks- 97
pricey.png

Knicks are starting a 2 game road trip showing indifferent form during the preseason.
New York's hopes of a successfull season, even with differing opinions on what the Knicks are all about for this season, will all depend on the fortunes of David Lee.
Rookie Toney Douglas has been a shining light during the preseason and looks a player of the future.
Clearly the danger for the Knicks against Miami is Dwayne Wade. Wade will be licking his lips coming up against the Knicks. His record in recent seasons against the Knicks has been very good.
Im prediciting a Knicks upset first up. I beleive the Knicks have what it takes to get up against the Heat, even if Wade lights it up.
jayjq.png

Our first game of the season will be a tough one against the Heat. The Knicks will be in Miami, meaning they will have to deal with Miami fans and one of the most annoying PA announcers in the league. In order to win, they will have to find a way to contain Dwayne Wade. He killed us last year, and we can't have that happen again. We gooing to have to send different defenders at him, double team, and sometimes triple team him. If we can shutdown Wade, there's no way the Heat can win. Another player to be wary of is Michael Beasley. He's had his fair share of criticsm and a tough offseason, but the dude can score. If we play hard defense, and run our offense smoothly, we should be able to pull out a win. My prediction: NYK-106 MIA-103
oppontent.png

It's at home so i expect us to win. Beasley gets his first double-double of the season, Wade gets 28 points, O'Neal shows us his healthy knees, and our bench helps us win this game.
Wade is going to torch the Knicks.

Heat win.
its gunna be fun to watch wilson chandler try to guard dwade at sg...
Trash talkin'?

HEAT
PG...........SG..........SF..........PF...........C
3419.jpg
1987.jpg
3418.jpg
2184.jpg
615.jpg

CHALMERS---WADE---BEASLEY---HASLEM---O'NEAL

KNICKS
PG...........SG..........SF..........PF...........C
2377.jpg
3194.jpg
1717.jpg
308.jpg
2772.jpg

DUHON---CHANDLER---JEFFERIES---HARRINGTON---LEE

New York Knicks Position PHX Suns

2772.jpg
David Lee C Jermaine O'Neal
615.jpg

basketball-edge-slight-left.gif

Hmmmmm I'd say Lee wins this.
JPZ17's Key matchup
oldKey.gif

308.jpg
Al Harrington PF Udonis Haslem
2184.jpg
basketball-edge-mod-left.gif

The reason why I feel this is the key is, if we do not win this one we are screwed.

1717.jpg
Jared Jefferies SF Michael Beasley
3418.jpg

basketball-edge-mod-right.gif

Not a chance at winning this here sorry.
3194.jpg
Wilson Chandler SG Dwyane Wade
1987.jpg

basketball-edge-edge-right.gif

Sorry Wilson..
2377.jpg
Chris Duhon PG Mario Chalmers
3419.jpg

basketball-edge-even.gif

Should be very fun to watch them

JPZ17's Player Pressure
Which Knicks is under the most pressure to succeed????
color-fog-lights.jpg

The answer: Rady!
It is now judging time.. Do you like his new website? lol

JPZ's YouTube of the Day
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NDB5vzVhzaY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NDB5vzVhzaY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Avatars: I made new avatars.. Here they are..
gallinari1.gif
gallinari2.gif
harrington1.gif
Harrington2.gif

Robinson1.gif
hill1.gif
lee1n.gif
lee2.gif

robinson2.gif
robinson3.gif
team1.gif

More are posted as attachments.

it.jpg

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/472a175c45792131/4ae79454fc224b41/497b5895242fa667/de330030/-cpid/ffbd76963ee70fd" id="W472a175c457921314ae79454fc224b41" width="300" height="387"><param name="movie" value="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/472a175c45792131/4ae79454fc224b41/497b5895242fa667/de330030/-cpid/ffbd76963ee70fd" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /></object>

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/49022a9858696414/4ae794649489f096/497b58bd6a3e741a/ce57c4db" id="W49022a98586964144ae794649489f096" width="289" height="260"><param name="movie" value="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/49022a9858696414/4ae794649489f096/497b58bd6a3e741a/ce57c4db" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /></object>

Thanks for joining me
for knicksonline I'm JPZ17
Stay classy New York

Go New York Knicksssss!
jpzthread.png

Attachments

• Jeffries1.gif
    Jeffries1.gif
    8.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Chandler1.gif
    Chandler1.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Chandler2.gif
    Chandler2.gif
    8.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Duhon1.gif
    Duhon1.gif
    9.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Duhon2.gif
    Duhon2.gif
    8.8 KB · Views: 0

KBlack25

Starter
Very nicely done JPZ...

I think the Knicks hang tough early, but eventually this one slips away. D-Wade will be too much for the Knicks defense to handle, I think he goes off big in the opener. Maybe they can slow him down early, but I think he starts going wild on the defense in the second half and possibly late in the first half.

I say: Heat 104 Knicks 92 but the Knicks will play the Heat closer than the score indicates.

Sage

Rotation player
I hope they win more than -20 :(

-EDIT-

Excellent writeup btw. Looking forward to the game.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Great thread, JPZ. Props to the contributors as well. You're gettin' it in, son...

Yes! We're undefeated! :) but we're also winless! :( :lol:

The beginning of a new season is upon us. This year will be an exciting one for the Knicks. Mainly because of so many unknowns. Like a good suspense movie, the Knicks will keep us at the edge of our seats.

How will the rookies perform? Who knows...

Will gallinari live up to his potential? Maybe...

Will duhon wear down midway thru the season like last year? Who gives a shit...

So many questions are going to be answered this year. A year that will be vital to our immediate future. Let's all hope for the best, y'all.

Go New York Go New York Go!

jbalsa2

Rookie
Good post! Only thing is Beasley was officially announced as starting PF today. Haslem to the bench. I hope JJ lights it up the 1st couple weeks so we can ship his ass outta here.

Go Knicks!

Excited for the season to be back! And glad for the Knicks to have another shot at trying to have a respectable season. I expect a good game. I predict we win in a nail biter. Providing we play defense and contain Dwade somewhat..

TheDA

Rookie
Great thread

jpz17 - Fabulous layout, great intro to the season...I'm hyped.

True Knick fan here....Knicks win going away by 14 points....DWade is contained and frustrated, possibly getting ejected with 2 techs after a smothering Knicks defensive scheme.

I love to dream...it's what keeps hope alive!

GetRealistic

Starter
I'm cautiously optimistic for this game. I'm going to predict a 102-97 win for the good guys tonight.

Keys the game

Force Wade to shoot jumpshots and keep him off the foul line
Run Jermaine O'neil all night long
Shoot well

I'm also predicting Gallo drops around 16 including a late game dagger.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I think it'll be close... I'm going to be optimistic and give it to the Knicks. I'm anxious to see how this first game goes. Cross your fingers people! Go Knicks!

paris401

Starter
always enjoy watching dwade play... heck of a player . unfort. this is the closest we will ever see him... he will 'never' sign with us...

portega1968

El Cacique
Metro... Arroyo going for 20 off the bench!!! Walsh gonna regret not jumping on him when he had the chance.

Danilo gonna hit the gamewinning 3 with .02 on the clock to help us forget the 50 points DWade is gonna drop 2night.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
sick thread JPZ, lookin real smooth and i hope we could come up with a win im most looking forward to watching Chandler, Gallo and Douglas i think they will be key for us

jpz17

Starter
The Miami Heat will open the 2009-10 season by taking time to honor one of their past greats, while the New York Knicks appear to be looking towards next season before even stepping on the court.
Michael Beasley's tumultuous offseason may also have him focused on the future, and gaining some inspiration from Tim Hardaway might help when the Heat and Knicks meet Wednesday night at American Airlines Arena.Hardaway's No. 10 will be raised to the rafters, as he joins Alonzo Mourning as the only Heat players to have their number retired. A former guard, Hardaway was a major part of the Heat's success during five-plus seasons from 1996-2001, and he's still the franchise's career leader in 3-point field goals and assists, while ranking fifth in points and steals.His time in Miami, however, might also be remembered for three straight playoff exits against the Knicks from 1998-2000 -- twice in the first round and once in the Eastern Conference semifinals with each of those series going to the final game.More recently, the Heat have failed to advance past the first round since winning their only NBA title in 2006. They've qualified for the postseason in two of three seasons since, falling in seven games to Atlanta last spring after finishing 43-39 and in third place in the Southeast Division.Beasley could help them improve upon that if he's able to move past a difficult summer that included two infamous Twitter flameouts and a stay at a Houston rehabilitation facility. The forward posted disturbing messages and a conversation-sparking photo in a tattoo establishment on his now-closed Twitter feed before spending more than a month in rehab, and by his own acknowledgment, membership in the NBA's substance-abuse program."All behind me," said Beasley, drafted second overall from Kansas State in 2008. "I think I've worked harder now than I did last year. Last year, I found myself coasting through sometimes, just going through the motions. This year, I'm a little more hungry."As a rookie, Beasley averaged 13.9 points and shot 47.2 percent. Second-year coach Erik Spoelstra appears encouraged by what he's seen from Beasley so far."He's making progress. I like what he's done this preseason. I do," Spoelstra said. "I keep on pointing to his focus, but I think we were able to cover a lot more ground. I see a quicker application from practice to the games. ... And defensively, he's done some things that I like. He needs to keep on going."Dwyane Wade, who is 242 assists behind Hardaway's team record, is back for perhaps his final season in Miami. The guard, who is expected to test free agency as part of a coveted group in 2010 that may include reigning MVP LeBron James, led the NBA with a career high of 30.2 points per game in 2008-09.Wade averaged 42.3 points in helping the Heat win two of three from New York last season. He scored a career-high 55 in a 122-105 home win on April 12.With contracts of several current players set to expire in July, the Knicks could have their eye on Wade come next summer. They didn't make any significant moves during this offseason after going 32-50 to finish last in the Atlantic, marking their eighth consecutive losing season and tying a franchise record set from 1959-67.New York hasn't won a playoff game since 2001 and last reached the playoffs in '04, matching Minnesota for the NBA's longest drought."This is our job. A lot of us are on our last contracts, and we want to win," guard Chris Duhon said. "We want to make the city proud of the Knicks again."A season could be viewed as a technicality leading to a free-agent spending spree may put the Knicks in a difficult position to remain competitive or further risk losing fan interest."Probably if we don't win early but really go on a streak where we win 20 in a row, they'd come back. So there's all kinds of scenarios you could draw out there," said coach Mike D'Antoni, who begins his second season with the team."If it's a disaster, I'm sure they'll quit watching, and I don't blame them. But I think we can be competitive. I think we can make a run for the playoffs. And I think we can be enjoyable, and I think fans will like it. That's the plan, and hopefully we'll stick with it."The Knicks showed some improvement in D'Antoni's up-tempo system last season, finishing fourth in the league with an average of 105.2 points. However, they also allowed the third-most points at 107.8.Forward-center David Lee is looking to build on career highs in scoring (16.0) and rebounds (11.7), while leading the NBA with 65 double-doubles.

-ESPN

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td colspan="3" class="gamehead" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">AccuScore Projections</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="center"> <td colspan="3"> <script language="Javascript" type="text/javascript"> <!-- var f0=new flashObj(); f0.flashFile="http://a.espncdn.com/swf/nba/accuscore_nba.swf"; f0.flashVars="&XMLURL=http://a.espncdn.com/nba/accuscore/291028014.xml&BannerURL=http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/index&BannerImage=http://a.espncdn.com/i/nba/accuscore_espn.jpg"; f0.ID = "as_291028014"; f0.width = "352"; f0.height = "259"; f0.DenyIEdl = "TRUE"; f0.FlashVer = 7; f0.cabVersion = "7,0,0,0"; f0.altTxt = "Flash Player Required
"; f0.render(true); //--> </script><embed src="http://a.espncdn.com/swf/nba/accuscore_nba.swf" swliveconnect="FALSE" quality="best" scale="exactfit" flashvars="&XMLURL=http://a.espncdn.com/nba/accuscore/291028014.xml&BannerURL=http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/index&BannerImage=http://a.espncdn.com/i/nba/accuscore_espn.jpg" wmode="opaque" id="as_291028014" name="flash2" menu="false" devicefont="false" salign="lt" allowscriptaccess="Always" allownetworking="All" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" width="352" height="259">
</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="center"> <td colspan="3"> AccuScore has powered more than 10,000 simulations for every NBA game for ESPN.com, each simulated one play at a time and minimum of 10,000 times. For more, visit AccuScore.
View more Accuscore game details
</td></tr></tbody></table>