• 35-40

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • 41+

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

metrocard

Legend
wow...Heat are shooting 62% from the field.

We might as well walk off the court and let the Heat practice their shooting.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
When Chandler drives he can score but he should not take the 3s.

And fkin JJ shoud not have the most minutes (25) on the team. I know is showcase but comon the guy is worthless. Even J Hill could give us 2 points and 3 rebounds in 25 min. Shut Darko has double that in 9 min.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
I don't think I will stand this crap all season long, it's perhaps the most annoying team to watch.
Another mediocre shooting/defensive performance by the Knicks, another 40 3pt attempts...credit to D'Antoni, the only coach on earth that doesn't understand that to win games, you need to play defense.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
On the bright side, Toronto beat the Cavs. Cavs are 0-2. The more they lose, the greater chance Lebron comes here.

I'm jealous of Toronto. They have a good team this year. Could we just switch rosters? I don't think David Stern would mind.

Kiyaman

Legend
Getting blown out in our first game of the season cant be all that bad.....but showing signs of going from a 32 win team to a 22 win team is bad.

However, Boston is blowing-out Charllote 76 to 50, and the Spurs are blowingout New Orleans 82 to 61.

The Knicks being beat 92 to 62 at the start of the 4th qtr. could just be first game jitters of one year rental players.
I am not crazy about Dantoni's favoritism.....Jefferies & Harrington playingtime could have given rookie Jordan Hill a chance to apply his defensive abilities for 4 to 6 fouls.....Jermain O'Neal is looking like a superstar in this game.

Sage

Rotation player
Well.. Not THE worst D in the league at the moment as both the Pacers and 76ers leaked 120.

That's all I got at this point. :(

TunerAddict

Starter
Well, I'm seeing one GLARING problem defensively.

Lee and Harrington. With these two guys as our front court, we're in for a world of hurt. They were in when the huge run happened, and were a big part of it. O'Neal had a bunch of easy buckets because they weren't communicating and were simply watching. Two guys in the area, but neither guarding him.

Maybe we should try a zone defense...

TunerAddict

Starter
And there were positives from this game.

We can see that Gallo can shoot himself out of a slump into a high fg%, and that when Chandler grows testicles and drives he gets better shots midrange because they back off him, he draws fouls, and he can get some layups/dunks.

Darko is also the shit. Guy had his hand on a bunch of balls and played great D....Until Nate took out his legs.

Toney Douglas looked good when he got that last 2 minutes of playtime.

Jordan Hill looked lost in his 2 mins, took a terrible shot.

Hughes should have played. We needed his man D on Chalmers.

Torp

Benchwarmer
wtf. Toney Douglas should start no joke... Crazy and 1, and great control of the ball and actually plays with some spunk.

TunerAddict

Starter
Its really comedic all the people shitting on Dantoni like he causes the Knicks to not play D.

The play of players is up to them. Its not about the coach. The NBA is a PLAYERS league. Coaching isn't that important. People act like he is telling them to ignore defense, when he has been emphasizing it. Its whoever isn't playing defenses fault for not playing defense, and no one elses.

Kiyaman

Legend
39 3-ball shots taken out of 87 fg shots....and only making 10
Great coaching plan for the first game of the season

TunerAddict

Starter
39 3-ball shots taken out of 87 fg shots....and only making 10
Great coaching plan for the first game of the season

Has nothing to do with coaching plan.

It has to do with soft players that didn't want to drive and settled for jumpshots.

Now it is Mike's fault for not discouraging that play. He needs to step up and make a change about playing players who are going to do that, and hopefully correct those tendencies. The problem is that they have freedom to play, which sometimes is bad because the lazy side is one that ends up on the court.

Mike Dantoni isn't making them shoot 3s, he just isn't stopping them.

Phoenix shot a lot of threes, but they never settled for them. They had a good interior game with Amare and Nash's penetration.

We're different because we aren't moving the ball like that. Our only bit of interior O is DLee on a pick and roll. Everyone else goes iso when going into the paint, we don't have the passing continuity.

I saw it ALOT tonight where guys were jacking shots from the wings with an open man in the corner, guys just settling on that shot when an open teammate was open, one who could have taken a more open 3, or driven.

Ball movement is our biggest problem on offense.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
We really should have traded Chandler for the 5th pick in the draft. Hill is a joke and Chandler will never "grow testicles"...as Tuner so eloquently put it.