View Poll Results: How many games will NYK win?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • -20-29

4 14.81%
  • 30-35

6 22.22%
  • 35-40

9 33.33%
  • 41+

8 29.63%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Game 1: NYK@MIA 10/28 7:30PM

lol the cavs lost to the craptors

Im not tryin to be negative but i dont know how anyone can expect this team to be good this year...we'll probably win about 30 games, theres no way we can make the playoffs with duhorn as our point guard.

I'm still saying 35...The East got top heavier...

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Yep. Just 1 game. 81 to go. And Charlotte got raped by Boston....A Boston without their obese, slightly retarded child to help rape men in the paint.
    LOL about Glen Davis, I think you may be right about him being slightly retarted, dude is like Bizarre from D-12 in basketball shorts!

And lets look at tonight's loss this way, we are still a half game better than The Cavs who are now 0-2!

Originally Posted by New New York
    And lets look at tonight's loss this way, we are still a half game better than The Cavs who are now 0-2!
    Touche my good man, touche.

Missed the game tonight had to work... Any positives come from tonight?

lebrick lost

Originally Posted by Giants89FLY
    Missed the game tonight had to work... Any positives come from tonight?
    the big **** tore it up no homo

Well, I'm seeing one GLARING problem defensively.

Lee and Harrington. With these two guys as our front court, we're in for a world of hurt. They were in when the huge run happened, and were a big part of it. O'Neal had a bunch of easy buckets because they weren't communicating and were simply watching. Two guys in the area, but neither guarding him.

Maybe we should try a zone defense...
    I somewhat agree with that but let not forget that JJ was also in instead of Darko. Why?
    We know that D-Lee is not the best interior defender and also undersized but he is our best defensive rebounder. He should be our PF and Darko our center. Period. Too bad Dangtoni think JJ wil have any trade value playing 36 min with those stats. That what he gives you in 10-12 min minus the assists.

And there were positives from this game.

We can see that Gallo can shoot himself out of a slump into a high fg%, and that when Chandler grows testicles and drives he gets better shots midrange because they back off him, he draws fouls, and he can get some layups/dunks.

Darko is also the ****. Guy had his hand on a bunch of balls and played great D....Until Nate took out his legs.

Toney Douglas looked good when he got that last 2 minutes of playtime.

Jordan Hill looked lost in his 2 mins, took a terrible shot.

Hughes should have played. We needed his man D on Chalmers.
    Agreed 100%

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Damn...only if we had a playmaker *cough* Carlos *cough* Arroyo

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Damn...only if we had a playmaker *cough* Carlos *cough* Arroyo
    Yeah Arroyo was the shut. He and Duhon are back up PG's so no loss there.

So can we have a starting backcourt of Nate and Douglas already?

Also, we could have had Iverson, who wouldn't jack up threes all game long.

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but Jason Williams had a good game also.

Now you're trying to see some positives in this loss by stating that "Oh never mind, charlotte got raped and cavs lost again"? That's just ridiculous!
    And saying that the coach doesn't have anything to do with the amount of shots outside the arc is brilliant and ignorant at the same time. It's clear that most of you guys never played basketball and understand **** about the game.
    If the players don't play what the coach tell them to do, so why do they have one?
    This team lacks leadership on and off the court, period.
    And you can state whatever you want tuner, call me an idiot and everything, but D'Antoni is a crappy coach.

Originally Posted by Ewing
    Now you're trying to see some positives in this loss by stating that "Oh never mind, charlotte got raped and cavs lost again"? That's just ridiculous!
    And saying that the coach doesn't have anything to do with the amount of shots outside the arc is brilliant and ignorant at the same time. It's clear that most of you guys never played basketball and understand **** about the game.
    If the players don't play what the coach tell them to do, so why do they have one?
    And you can state whatever you want tuner, call me an idiot and everything, but D'Antoni is a crappy coach.
    I have played basketball, and the coach isn't on the court.

Maybe if this team is so terrible and you hate them so much you should just leave. That way those of us that love this team win or lose can avoid all this bull**** negativity and the constant blame game that follows.

Funny how you think others "don't understand the game." Quite an arrogant statement to make...

Originally Posted by Ewing
    I will only partially agree with your post. I agree there were no positives in this game other than Gallo's shooting and a few good flashes from Darko in the paint.

While the coach can't completely control how many 3pt shots guys take in the flow of the game, he can curb it a bit and demand that they drive more to the basket. The way they were jacking up 3s tells me that they play that way in practice and D'antoni is totally okay with it. That's a cause for concern because this team is not the suns team he coachd that had excellent 3pt shooters.

The team definitely lacks leadership. I mean Dantoni did call plenty of timeouts to get things in order but its really the point guard's job to be a coach on the floor and make sound decisions. A good PG would realize that the team needed to get to the line a bit more and direct guys to post up or drive to the basket himself.

The Knicks didn't even know how to get back in the game at a certain point. They played like it was the last game of the season instead of the first. Way too many 3pt attempts and not enough FT attempts. Virtually no defense in the 2nd half. Playing Chandler at the 2 might be a mistake because he's trying to play the position by being more perimeter oriented which is not his game.

Lastly, Darko should start at center and Lee at PF. All this JJ showcasing is not helping the team.

Until next game, this team sucks.