NY KNICKS vs. GAY-LADELPHIA 7:30PM at MSG 10/31/09

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
Oh My ****ing God I Know We Sucked The There First Quaters But I Can Say That This Is A Hell Of A Game Just Like Yesterday It Was Boring But Last Quaters Where Intresting I Told U Guys Larry Should Get At Least A Shot At The Rotaion And Gallo Looking Nice

TunerAddict

Starter
Losing Harrington really took our teams heart.

Great comeback, lets just build off this. We just need to stop these terrible starts to games...

Of course, we've been terrible at starting games for the past 5 years...

mafra

Legend
Another OT game.... another example of our opponent attacking the rim in OT and we settle on 28 footers. Wonder why we can't score in OT?

We cannot shoot normally.... put pressure on the shooter and we in trouble.

Go Gallo though!

jpz17

Starter
What I got from this game
  • Al Harrington is pumped up. Great game.
  • Danillo Gallinari is having a great start. I see a great year for him
  • Larry Hughes showed life
Good game

Scribbles

Rotation player
Honestly, the Knicks were competitive when they were taking it to the hole. Getting to the line and NOT settling for random shots (Al Harr...) That freed up Gallo to get those good looks because he was drawing doubles.

What does this prove? The Knicks are better than D'Antoni's Seven Seconds or Less system.

FIRE MIKE?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Hughes needs to be in the rotation EVERY game.His defense alone is good enough.

What's up with Chandler so far?Jeffries has been playing better (shooting wise as well).

the portable man

Benchwarmer
wow @ the boxscore, im pissed as hell i missed 8 threes from gallo.....or am i? drive to the ****in rim for once

i hate knicks in 60 cuz they cut out half the game, pathetic

iSaYughh

Starter
Gallo really does look like killer in the making. Gotta stay healthy.

We need to start winning some games. Weird fkcing team, built like a Frankenstein, but it can have some pop to it when it comes alive.

Gotta hope D'Ant does what he is *supposed* to do and molds our team over the weeks into a team that can contend for a playoff spot and milks our hodgepod of talents into something half-way cohesive. Tough to be optomistic, but if he can do his job and do it well we might have something that could sway a Bron.

Jordan Hill is probably the most disgusting thing about this team right now. Things could be worse. :beer:

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
40 three point attempts? well i said the game would be exciting, and it certainly was but we couldnt finish. gallo and harrington were extremely impressive, i only wished harrington let chandler commit the foul in overtime rather than let himself get fouled out. the scedule doesnt get easier from here, as we gonna play new orleans, indiana nd clevland. could be 1-5 after tht, not to good of a start

mafra

Legend
Gallo was 8-16 from downtown. VERY GOOD.

Chandler is still "recovering" so I'll cut him some slack.

YES, Hughes should start at SG. Let Chandler work his way back to full strength. OR, let Hughes start at PG.

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
Hughes must be in the rotation after this one. When we played the harington hughes gallo combo we did real well. we have to start playing well. i know the knicks look terrible but its the 3rd game of the season and its not how u start its how u finish.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
The game ends on a 17-0 run, now that is embarrasing! That is 17 points in three minutes, our defense is just horrible and I can't believe that we haven't hit someone hard for them to think about going to the lane again. I knew we weren't a playoff team, but I expected games to be competitive at least. Too bad we don't own a pick in the draft next year because this team is built to win 24 games and might even win the draft. The only players I want back next season are Gallinari, Hill, Milicic, Douglas. That's it! I'll explain you why:

Gallinari: Makes others better, high basketball IQ, good passer, great shooter. Lets the game come to him.

Hill: I really believe that this kid could turn into a Horace Grant/Dale Davis type of player with time. A 10 pts 10 rbs type hustle player.

Milicic
: With great players Like a Lebron, or Wade I think Darko is the center of the future for us. A Luc Lungley type of player, defends the paint and is very unselfish. He's only 24 and there aren't many centers out there, so I will like to resign him for at least 2 years and see what he does playing with better players around him.

Douglas: His game is very raw, as with Hill but this kid has game. D'antoni has to give this kid a shot to at least show us what he can do on the defensive end where he is excellent.

Last edited: