Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NY KNICKS vs. GAY-LADELPHIA 7:30PM at MSG 10/31/09

Hughes needs to be in the rotation EVERY game.His defense alone is good enough.

What's up with Chandler so far?Jeffries has been playing better (shooting wise as well).

wow @ the boxscore, im pissed as hell i missed 8 threes from gallo.....or am i? drive to the ****in rim for once

i hate knicks in 60 cuz they cut out half the game, pathetic

Originally Posted by the portable man
    wow @ the boxscore, im pissed as hell i missed 8 threes from gallo.....or am i? drive to the ****in rim for once

i hate knicks in 60 cuz they cut out half the game, pathetic
    No, Gallo was just on fire tonight.He also showed some driving.Great game for him.

9 for 22 is not on fire, but it would be great to see him drive more

looks like harrington went all out tonight

Veteran

Gallo really does look like killer in the making. Gotta stay healthy.

We need to start winning some games. Weird fkcing team, built like a Frankenstein, but it can have some pop to it when it comes alive.

Gotta hope D'Ant does what he is *supposed* to do and molds our team over the weeks into a team that can contend for a playoff spot and milks our hodgepod of talents into something half-way cohesive. Tough to be optomistic, but if he can do his job and do it well we might have something that could sway a Bron.

Jordan Hill is probably the most disgusting thing about this team right now. Things could be worse.

40 three point attempts? well i said the game would be exciting, and it certainly was but we couldnt finish. gallo and harrington were extremely impressive, i only wished harrington let chandler commit the foul in overtime rather than let himself get fouled out. the scedule doesnt get easier from here, as we gonna play new orleans, indiana nd clevland. could be 1-5 after tht, not to good of a start

Gallo was 8-16 from downtown. VERY GOOD.

Chandler is still "recovering" so I'll cut him some slack.

YES, Hughes should start at SG. Let Chandler work his way back to full strength. OR, let Hughes start at PG.

We score 127 points and still we lose by double-digits. Discuisting

Hughes must be in the rotation after this one. When we played the harington hughes gallo combo we did real well. we have to start playing well. i know the knicks look terrible but its the 3rd game of the season and its not how u start its how u finish.

The game ends on a 17-0 run, now that is embarrasing! That is 17 points in three minutes, our defense is just horrible and I can't believe that we haven't hit someone hard for them to think about going to the lane again. I knew we weren't a playoff team, but I expected games to be competitive at least. Too bad we don't own a pick in the draft next year because this team is built to win 24 games and might even win the draft. The only players I want back next season are Gallinari, Hill, Milicic, Douglas. That's it! I'll explain you why:

Gallinari: Makes others better, high basketball IQ, good passer, great shooter. Lets the game come to him.

Hill: I really believe that this kid could turn into a Horace Grant/Dale Davis type of player with time. A 10 pts 10 rbs type hustle player.

Milicic
    : With great players Like a Lebron, or Wade I think Darko is the center of the future for us. A Luc Lungley type of player, defends the paint and is very unselfish. He's only 24 and there aren't many centers out there, so I will like to resign him for at least 2 years and see what he does playing with better players around him.

Douglas: His game is very raw, as with Hill but this kid has game. D'antoni has to give this kid a shot to at least show us what he can do on the defensive end where he is excellent.
    Last edited by Arod2k9; Nov 01, 2009 at 00:28.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Now that gallo is healthy and hes playing like it i could see exactly why we drafted him dude is flat out nasty

Gallo and Harrington

everyone else

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

I have a new found respect for Danilo. He's a beast and in time I honestly believe he can be better than Dirk. That's a hell of an endorsement coming from me.

Benching Harrington wasn't a good move. Right now he's a vocal leader and that's what the Knicks have been missing for the last few years. Hughes is a hit or miss. What we need is an inside presence. Lee is good he's not a center. I'm not sold on Darko but Jeffries does NOT need to start. Start Harrington at PF (Harrington is listed as 40lbs heavier than Gallinari) and Gallinari at SF. Chandler had a bad game but he's more consistent then Hughes.

Lee
    Harrington
    Gallinari
    Chandler
    Duhon

Originally Posted by donchris
    I have a new found respect for Danilo. He's a beast and in time I honestly believe he can be better than Dirk. That's a hell of an endorsement coming from me.

Benching Harrington wasn't a good move. Right now he's a vocal leader and that's what the Knicks have been missing for the last few years. Hughes is a hit or miss. What we need is an inside presence. Lee is good he's not a center. I'm not sold on Darko but Jeffries does NOT need to start. Start Harrington at PF (Harrington is listed as 40lbs heavier than Gallinari) and Gallinari at SF. Chandler had a bad game but he's more consistent then Hughes.

Lee
    Harrington
    Gallinari
    Chandler
    Duhon
    I disagree. Sometimes coming off the bench can just be a player's game. Harrington started two games and shot 35%. He comes off the bench, gains focus knowing that he is being benched for his poor shooting, and then shoots over 60% in game 3. I think being benched helped Al make better shots and not force shots which he always does. Maybe Al is better off the bench. The same can be applied to Wilson Chandler. Both players have proven to be great off the bench and struggle many times when being starters.

It doesn't matter if Al starts or not because he will still get over 30 min a game. A guy like Gallo can be a better "starter" because he can come out scoring right away where Al harrington needs to heat up which can take a few quarters sometimes. Al is a streak shooter and having him start a game missing 6,7, or 8 in a row can kill us for the rest of the game. Coming off the bench should continue because it worked for Al's favor.

KnicksonLIN.com

Larry Hughes is a bum. He had one lucky game. Most of the time, he shoots bricks, plays selfish, and gets injured every 10-20 games. He does not belong in the starting lineup, or on the active list. The Cavs and Bulls got rid of him for a reason.

Gallo's stats for the season so far:
    <dl id="prastats"><dt>PPG</dt><dd>22.7</dd><dt>RPG</dt><dd>4.70 </dd><dt>APG</dt><dd>1.3</dd><dt class="pralast">EFF</dt><dd class="pralast">+ 19.67</dd></dl>You haven't even seen him at his best. I can't wait until he starts getting more touches and starts slashing more.