Thread: New York Knicks vs. Charlotte Bobcats......disregard the first one

Hybrid View

Default New York Knicks vs. Charlotte Bobcats......disregard the first one

New York Knicks (0-1) vs. Charlotte Bobcats (0-1)
    Fri. 10/30/2009 at 7:30pm ET at TWC Arena

Welcome everybody to my first game thread and I hope our first victory of the seasson. We all know what went wrong last game so I hope some things will change.

1. Jefferies should not play more than 12-15 minutes and that should be against reserves so he can look half way decent.
    2. Chandller should play to his phisical abillities and leave the 3's to Gallo.

3. If Darko's knee is ok he should start and play 28-30 min. He and Lee complement each other good. I hope our line-up will be the one presented bellow.

And now the starting line-ups:

PG. CHRIS DUHON
    SG. WILSON CHANDLER
    SF. DANILLO GALLINARI
    PF. DAVID LEE
    C. DARKO MILLIC

Reserves:

NATE ROBINSON
    TONEY DOUGLAS
    AL HARINGTON
    JARED JEFFRIES
    JORDAN HILL

Coach: MIKE D'ANTONI

vs.

PG. RAYMOND FELTON
    SG. STEPHEN GRAHAM
    SF. GERALD WALLACE
    PF. BORIS DIAW
    C. TYSON CHANDLER

Reserves:

DJ AUGUSTIN
    GERALD HENDERSON
    VLADIMIR RADMANOVIC
    DERRICK BROWN
    DeSAGANA DIOP

Coach: LARRY BROWN

My prediction

The Knicks come after a blow out loss against Miami but we should be able to rebound in this game. If we stop being a jump shooting team without a consistent jumper I think will win 102-86.
    Last edited by DANUTZ39; Oct 30, 2009 at 15:47.

Nice job, Danutz. Its good to see more people contributing to KO. Keep it up, man.

As for the game, it looks to be an interesting match-up. We will see if the Knicks can stop laying bricks like they did in the first game. They need to take the ball inside for those high percentage shots. The **** should be the only one that strokes it from behind...the arc *no homo*

Originally Posted by SLY1984
    Nice job, Danutz. Its good to see more people contributing to KO. Keep it up, man.

As for the game, it looks to be an interesting match-up. We will see if the Knicks can stop laying bricks like they did in the first game. They need to take the ball inside for those high percentage shots. The **** should be the only one that strokes it from behind...the arc *no homo*

Thanx man hope I'll get beter at it.

Anyway looks like D'antoni will stick with the same line-up and I hate it. No Darko no Gallo but again Jeffries. There they go is already 5 nothing lead. Damn.

Great Job Dănuţ! Really looking forward for our first win. Are people at justin.tv still streaming the games?

Originally Posted by rady
    Great Job Dănuţ! Really looking forward for our first win. Are people at justin.tv still streaming the games?
    Thank you Radu. I dont think justintv is working but knicksman11 link is good.

P.S. Can you erase my first thread atempt. Like Sly said I had trouble getting into the edit mode so I just made this one.

I locked the previous thread. 11's link works nice for me, i just hoped i could find it at a better quality. Oh well, going a couple of feet back

They play like headless chickens. Not even funny.

Bobcats scored 59 points last game but now we make'em look like the Lakers.

Wow!! Down by 19 already. No passion, turnovers, etc.

We may be the worst team in the league. Good thing Utah owns our lottery pick (#1 overall??)

Lurker

live stream at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

What's with Gallinari missing free throws?

**** my life.

No continuity on offense, just a bunch of guys taking dumb ass shots, normally on iso ****.

Didn't realize we were going back into the Isiah Thomas era of play...

How is it possible to fall 20 points behind the Bobcats in the 1st quarter?

And Walsh thinks any free agent wants to come to NY. LOL!

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    **** my life.

No continuity on offense, just a bunch of guys taking dumb ass shots, normally on iso ****.

Didn't realize we were going back into the Isiah Thomas era of play...
    Unfortunately, I think the Isiah team could beat this team.

I guess we really can't complain that much. We all knew this was a throw away year. Just wish we had our lottery pick.

Thumbs down Horrible game and worse to come

Honestly...the fact that this game even went into double overtime proves that Mike D does not know when to sit certain guys and play certain guys. I can't even count the number of times i questioned his rotation swaps and the BIGGEST question mark was why Mike D sat Gallinari until the end of the 2nd OT when he was the only red hot shooter at the time.

Mike D in his interview really had no answer to Gallo sitting out when he was the go-to-guy during the 4th quarter. Mike D looks so confused about his rotation that it is costing us games. He has to figure out who to sit and who to play soon or we will be 0-10 by the time he thinks he "figured out" the lineup.

There is a saying that a coach is only as good as his players. We don't have great players and Mike D does not look like a good coach whatsoever.

Don't our coaches teach our players in practice to draw fouls? Why don't we emphasize our ability to drive to the basket and make high percentage shots? Mike D has to look at the stat book and see how we shoot from behind the arc and start telling his players to play aggressive offensive basketball and not rely on three's or we are not going to win even 30 games this year.

AND our defense was piss poor at times. If Charlotte wasn't so bad on offense we would have lost this game a long time ago by a good 20-30 points.

Our team looks like it got worse this year.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Honestly...the fact that this game even went into double overtime proves that Mike D does not know when to sit certain guys and play certain guys. I can't even count the number of times i questioned his rotation swaps and the BIGGEST question mark was why Mike D sat Gallinari until the end of the 2nd OT when he was the only red hot shooter at the time.

Mike D in his interview really had no answer to Gallo sitting out when he was the go-to-guy during the 4th quarter. Mike D looks so confused about his rotation that it is costing us games. He has to figure out who to sit and who to play soon or we will be 0-10 by the time he thinks he "figured out" the lineup.

There is a saying that a coach is only as good as his players. We don't have great players and Mike D does not look like a good coach whatsoever.

Don't our coaches teach our players in practice to draw fouls? Why don't we emphasize our ability to drive to the basket and make high percentage shots? Mike D has to look at the stat book and see how we shoot from behind the arc and start telling his players to play aggressive offensive basketball and not rely on three's or we are not going to win even 30 games this year.

AND our defense was piss poor at times. If Charlotte wasn't so bad on offense we would have lost this game a long time ago by a good 20-30 points.

Our team looks like it got worse this year.

great post, and to me wilson chandler looks like he has regressed to. i hope this is jst an aberration and not a sign of somethin tht we should expect here on out