Fire D'Antoni!

Red

TYPE-A
A video assessment IF anyone needs to know why we need a new coach.
http://www.theknicksblog.com/2012/01/06/tkbtv-talking-solutions/

Imma put it out there

Previously I said I would wait til' tip off 2010 but I'm convinced we can't win with this type of coach. Not to blame current state or even last years failure(s) on "No D'Antoni" aka "Mr. Pringle" just forward thinking...

Top Defensive teams compete, no matter who we get next season, no D = a waste

If D'Antoni NEEDS certain players to execute his "Seven Seconds Or Less" to it's max to compete, he wont get them. No Nash, Amare isn't coming so...

Gallo is the closest thing he has and picking such a one dimensional player actually sets a franchise back if you cant afford it; see Jordan Hill and Knicks going for EIGHT straight losing seasons

SSOL (originally i had a lot written here but lets sum it up by saying...) it's garbage!!!!

You cant out-shoot a team by attempting LOW PERCENTAGE shots at record pace, no matter if you had 5 Reggie Millers!

Motion and swinging the ball is good. But... stagnation, non-disciplined and no plan to score in the post, or out of time outs effectively isn't.

Not being able to recognize what little you have and what is needed as illustrated by D'Antoni's poor rotations is alarming. I can only imagine what the rotation will be with a superstar-

But hey D'Antoni did well in PHX and he can always say he cant win with this group so...

We were one of the lowest defensive teams in terms of points allowed and fg% allowed!

We were one of the worst teams in fg% offensively!

We don't have a #1 draft pick next year- so getting (although a waste) another player to try and fill these holes is not likely- maybe Walsh can pull something off.

Basically we need to use D'Antoni to inflate individual stats then cut the cord with D'Antoni when its time to really compete...

I don't like this dudes constant double talk. He makes no sense during interviews.

Maybe Gallo will explode and carry us to the playoffs but whatever, I've seen D'Antoni's skill up close and personal and I'm not convinced.

I know we'll have some ups and downs this season that will make a difference in how D'Antoni is viewed but with this type of ball I don't see how anyone could sustain pace through a championship.

just puttin' it out there

I can't wait to see this dude gone.

Last edited:

Scribbles

Rotation player
Patrick EWING!!

*clap**clap**clap clap clap*

Patrick EWING!!

*clap**clap**clap clap clap*

Patrick EWING!!

I AGREE. I don't buy this "entertaining" basketball that everyone tries to convince us with neither. Losing is NOT entertaining.

I'm not saying to Fire D'Antoni just yet but we NEED a defensive mined Head Coach.

This SSOL offense is a damn joke.

TunerAddict

Starter
You want to fire Dantoni, a guy who averaged 58 wins in PHX for Pat Ewing? Are you ****ing crazy?

Shit, why don't we just hire Marbury as our coach.

jzero29

Rotation player
this is the problem.

The problem is all the pressure to change coaches every day. No one gave larry Brown a chance, he had 1 season. Isiah had a few to many and 2 games into his second season you want to fire D'antoni? Give the guy a chance. See how he does this season, with realistic expectations, cusp of the 8th seed.
Last season, he had 2 huge trades that removed key players. Now he's victim of the waiting for 2010.
I'm willing to give him to next year about halfway through. He has a young undeveloped roster. Give him some time steady with these guys and see where it goes.
Gallinari has shot well and is a bright spot so far. Let see what the rest of the team can do, bfore we throw d"antoni in the fire

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
It's amazing how delusional some knicks fans are.... Its bad enough that our team struggles, yet we have to have these retards who constantly say "Fire this guy" "Fire that guy" The Knicks are a proud organization, No matter how bad they are I will ALWAYS support them, Especially when they are as bad as they are now. You don't like how things are going? Go root for the Lakers or The Celtics... That seems to be the common trend these days anyway.

Scribbles

Rotation player
When DUHON is the one who has to step up and say "Hey we're horsing around before the game even begins...that's why we lost"

That tells you D'Antoni has lost complete control over the team. He gave the players too much flexibility.

Just saying.

I don't want him fired just yet but he is losing his grip and control of the team rather quickly, wouldn't you say? We're only 2 games into the season...and already we have players basically admitting we're ill prepared.

THAT FALLS ON THE HEAD COACH!

CoolClyde

No-D'antoni

I'm willing to give the guy a chance, but I HATE his attitude, I HATE how he handled Marbury, and I HATE how he doesn't take the blame for losses. The 7 Seconds Or Less Offense only seems to work if players are hitting 3's. There's a failure to teach strategic offense, other than DLEE/DUHON pick n rolls, which, when taken away, leaves the Knicks stranded on the arc. Duhon is no Steve Nash, and no one compares to Amare, wtf is No-D'Antoni supposed to do with this group? Why is Jared Jefferies the go-to guy and why is he starting every game? Damn-toni!

mafra

Legend
What annoys me about D'ant is the fact he spends zero time going over defense. We have horrible 1-on-1 defensive players. What's worse than that though is nobody plays help defense any better either.

You cannot teacha chump how to be a better defensive stooper, but a coach should be able to employ some sort of zone system to cover up flaws. HECK, let teams shoot on us but please teach someone to help out in the lane. This constant switching and leaving people on islands is stupid.

Also, I've yet to see it once where we come out of a timeout and c oach draws up a play to get us quick points.

D'ant might have a great system.... the next Traingle.... but it'll never work w/out a PG. He needs to realize that.

Harrington-Chandler-Nate will shot this team to another 40+ loss season unless things change.

Red

TYPE-A
tonights game....

Sixers drop 40 on us 1st quarter during our home opener, no threes.

Knicks shoot 3 of 8 from downtown, down 15 points.

Down 16 dudes are shooting threes!

Anything wrong with this?

SMH...:shrug:

Red

TYPE-A
on last nights game...

"Sure, the Knicks made a comeback after trailing by 18 in the fourth quarter. But that's not the part anyone should take note of in the aftermath. Take note to what Duhon pointed to and that Mike D'Antoni should be front-and-center in the blame department.

"We lost this game before the game even started," Duhon said. "A lot of us weren't taking the game serious, joking around, not really preparing for the game, and it showed . . . We're not that good. We can't come in here and joke around and take the game lightly. It is a precious game and we've got to be serious. This is our job and we have to take it seriously and we're not doing that right now.

"It shows in our lay-up line, it shows before the game. That's why we come out and we're not ready to play."=="

dan1608

Benchwarmer
Many coaches have a system that requires certain types of players. Do you think that D' Antoni is the only one?

Last year, with the roster we had, 32 wins was a good production. He's the kind of coach who produces the highest possible number of wins with whatever he has to work with. Once D'Antoni left Phoenix, they couldn't in make the playoffs. When he coached them they ranged from anywhere between the high 50's or low 60's in wins.

The 7 seconds or less offense is hard to defend when executed correctly and maximizes the offense's full potential. With his system, if implemented correcyly, there will be more scoring oppurtunities in a game.

The consistent unsuccessful production of the Knicks is not the result of D'Antoni's coaching. It's the result of years of mismanagement of the Knicks organization that has led to permanent damage. Most of the mess has been cleaned, but the poor decisionmaking of the last decade still has a negative impact. 2010 will bring a fresh start to a decade of disssapointment.

We can finally provide D'Antoni with players that will thrive under his system, once we do that, we'll be successful.

We can be a successful team with D'Antoni, when he coached Phoenix they had a top ranked offense and a defense that was around 15 or 14 in the NBA (about average) and produced many wins with consistent playoff trips.

Torp

Benchwarmer
I love the knicks no matter what. But literally, the following consists of Mike D's coaching on the floor:

"Lets go guys, cmon guys, here we go guys, LETS GO LETS GO LETS GO!"

WTF?

Coach D just lets everyone do whatever they want.

The extent of Coach D's play making ability is for Lee to set a pick n roll for Duhon, and if that fails, then it's literally playground ball where each player tries to go one on one, or chuck the ball from 3 land.

Especially in a situation where a team like the knicks have bad players, the coach must take direct control of the team and make them run plays because the knicks can't do it on their own. We have to use strategy to win, but we are consistently going one on one...
If the knicks had all superstars on their team then Coach D's "do whatever" strategy might be more effective. But we don't.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Imma put it out there

Previously I said I would wait til' tip off 2010 but I'm convinced we can't win with this type of coach. Not to blame current state or even last years failure(s) on "No D'Antoni" aka "Mr. Pringle" just forward thinking...

Top Defensive teams compete, no matter who we get next season, no D = a waste

If D'Antoni NEEDS certain players to execute his "Seven Seconds Or Less" to it's max to compete, he wont get them. No Nash, Amare isn't coming so...

Gallo is the closest thing he has and picking such a one dimensional player actually sets a franchise back if you cant afford it; see Jordan Hill and Knicks going for EIGHT straight losing seasons

SSOL (originally i had a lot written here but lets sum it up by saying...) it's garbage!!!!

You cant out-shoot a team by attempting LOW PERCENTAGE shots at record pace, no matter if you had 5 Reggie Millers!

Motion and swinging the ball is good. But... stagnation, non-disciplined and no plan to score in the post, or out of time outs effectively isn't.

Not being able to recognize what little you have and what is needed as illustrated by D'Antoni's poor rotations is alarming. I can only imagine what the rotation will be with a superstar-

But hey D'Antoni did well in PHX and he can always say he cant win with this group so...

We were one of the lowest defensive teams in terms of points allowed and fg% allowed!

We were one of the worst teams in fg% offensively!

We don't have a #1 draft pick next year- so getting (although a waste) another player to try and fill these holes is not likely- maybe Walsh can pull something off.

Basically we need to use D'Antoni to inflate individual stats then cut the cord with D'Antoni when its time to really compete...

I don't like this dudes constant double talk. He makes no sense during interviews.

Maybe Gallo will explode and carry us to the playoffs but whatever, I've seen D'Antoni's skill up close and personal and I'm not convinced.

I know we'll have some ups and downs this season that will make a difference in how D'Antoni is viewed but with this type of ball I don't see how anyone could sustain pace through a championship.

just puttin' it out there

I can't wait to see this dude gone.

Give me one coach that would make this group of players play better than what they have shown?

As good as our team is now is about as good as it gets!

What people do not realize is that bringing a new coach in is starting all over from scratch essentially!

When a new coach comes in and has instant success with a squad it is usually with a team that already has a good core of players, a luxuary we do not have!

We are a 35 win team (at best) regardless of who is running the show!

LMAO at those who think Ewing is our coaching savior! Just ask the Lakers how well bringing in their greatest player as coach worked for them

Kiyaman

Legend
FIRE celebrity coach Dantoni

All of u guys who are acting like u did not watch "celebrity coach Dantoni" 82 games last year with all the flaws in his coaching are still crediting Dantoni for "Shaun Matrix Marion" Phoenix Suns Team.

If celebrity coach Dantoni had just "half" of all the hype u guys gave him the man would still be coaching the Phoenix Suns.

How many Phoenix Sun Fans came to this Knick site or other Knick sites last year and this year saying how much they miss their coach Dantoni?
The Suns won 46 games last season under two coaches and Amare only playing 51 games.

The same day the Phoenix Suns traded "Shaun Matrix Marion" the above average performance u seen out of the Phoenix Suns top tier players went down to average players when it came to winning the game in the 4th quarter. And it has not changed.

Dantoni's system LOL.....is a joke to all the fans who watched Jason Kidd & Matrix Marion turn up the volume on any given night to win vs the NBA top teams in the league.

Compare any of Dantoni's seasons with Denver or Phoenix, and none can "TOP" the new NBA coach Del Negro first season coaching in the NBA with coach Skiles lost group of young & veteran players on the Chicago Bulls roster. After one season of coaching the Bulls players have so much confidence within themself, teammates, and their headcoach that each of their "WINS" are built off of team-confidence...

Dantoni never should have been hired to be Fired....reason nex thread

Kiyaman

Legend
FIRE celebrity coach Dantoni

All the Knicks had to do was get rid of Isiah Thomas favoriticism to pet-players and weak profile as manager and coach for 85% of the Knicks mess to disapear in the clear air.
Foolish comments like "I am the best guard in the NBA" lead to the Knicks longest losing-streaks in the teams history.

Now we have a favoritism pet-player celebrity coach Mike Dantoni whom is clueless about defense and clueless about halfcourt offense, plus he is DNP our first round lottery draft pick, and saying public foolishness to the press about his pet-player "Galinari is the best shooter I ever seen", which lead to an 0-3 start this season b/c I dont see any other Knick players driving to the lane or putting any effort out to win Dantoni's first game of the 2009-10 season in (crunchtime) of two overtime games out of the 3 games they played.

The Knick players are giving the ball to Gallo in crunchtime to win the game for his coach (not theirs).
That is what it looks like to my friends and I whom seen the players do this same act to coach Larry Brown and Isiah Thomas (23 win season)...

YanksKnicks86

Benchwarmer
Seriously, D'Antoni didn't impress any of you last year with the new style of play? They seem determined and focused a lot of those games until they lost it.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
People need to wake up and stop blaming Dantoni for having a shitty team. Phil Jackson would not do any better with this squad! The fact is there is only so much a coach can do...I don't remember any coaching mistakes that lost a game...can you?

Truth be told, the Knicks are lacking a legit star who can carry the team night after night and can score or get a stop when needed.

A coach can take lemons and make lemonade but no matter how hard he tries he cant turn it into champagne!