Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 309

Thread: Fire D'Antoni!

  1. #31
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default yo mad funny....LOL!

    "Had Stephon Marbury stayed longer at the Knicks game Saturday night, he might have broken into a chant: "Fire D'Antoni!"
    Marbury had no complaints that Garden security did not let him stay in a first-row courtside seat during Saturday night's home opener, but still has a beef with the Knicks head coach, feeling Mike D'Antoni should be fired in favor of Mark Jackson.
    Marbury, the Garden's favorite villain, sat across from the Knicks bench with a video camera. He stayed for the first quarter of the Knicks' 141-137 overtime loss to the Sixers. The Knicks won their first game last night, beating the Hornets 117-111 to move to 1-3.

    "They don't play no defense," Marbury told The Post yesterday. "The coaching is horrible. Horrendous. They need a new coach, and I'm speaking as a fan and New Yorker. They say good coaches get the most out of players and win games. I don't see it. Mike needs to coach a team with three All-Stars."
    Team president Donnie Walsh hired D'Antoni over Jackson in 2008. Jackson, working as an ESPN commentator, will be at the Garden Friday when the Knicks host LeBron James' Cavs.
    "They should give the job to Mark Jackson," said Marbury, who is family friends with the Jacksons. "Why couldn't he get that job? Fresh blood, St. John's alumni. He would've coached defense. Even Herb Williams would've.
    "I'm tired of hearing LeBron James may come and be the savior. What about fans who come out, see the game now and pay money to see the games? If he don't come, then what?"- NY POST

    hilarious!



    Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  2. #32
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I really think that D'Antoni is the problem right now with the team. With out a stronger PG the system can't work. It was one thing when he was in Phoenix but he has to be able to adapt of create a team that matches the style. I must admit he is funny to watch court side tho. I found a gallery of his "many face" on msg. Its good for a few laughs....<!-- m --> [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  3. #33
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    You people are ridiculous. Who's the best coach in the league right now? Insert him as the head coach of the Knicks. Does anybody actually think he could make this team more than a 30-35 win team?

    Face reality people! We do not have a talented team. When Duhon is the starting PG and Harrington is the go-to-guy at the end of games, you're not going to win many games. Tack on no starting SG and no starting C and there's no chance for any coach to win more than 35 games.

    We've had two hall-of-famer coaches pass through and still haven't had a winning season. Now we've got a coach that's a proven winner and you all want him gone as well. But ask yourself this...what's been the most consistent thing throughout all these years? Answer: NO F*CKING TALENT!!

    An all-star calliber go-to-guy on a team gives you 20 more wins. Where would Cleveland be without Lebron? Where would Miami be without Wade? At the bottom of the league fighting the Knicks for lottery position.

  4. #34
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Exactly LJ

    The Knicks would be great if they just had one star they could pass to. That is why I wanted AI, or Tmac to play for NY. It would have been for one year and it would be a winwin situation. Drop em if it didn't work out.

  5. #35
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Hey....

    Originally Posted by hoopsnstars
    I really think that D'Antoni is the problem right now with the team. With out a stronger PG the system can't work. It was one thing when he was in Phoenix but he has to be able to adapt of create a team that matches the style. I must admit he is funny to watch court side tho. I found a gallery of his "many face" on msg. Its good for a few laughs....<!-- m --> [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Hey... you are "figuremenot" from NYKFP right? I know b/c I just read the same post you copied and pasted. what up? Funny how the same thread was started over there.

  6. #36
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Wake the f*ck up!!!!

    Originally Posted by jpz17
    Exactly LJ

    The Knicks would be great if they just had one star they could pass to. That is why I wanted AI, or Tmac to play for NY. It would have been for one year and it would be a winwin situation. Drop em if it didn't work out.
    It has NOTHING to do with making the current squad better or not. IT IS HIS COACHING PHILOSOPHY AND STYLE. His coaching f*cking style!!!!!!!! Do you want (example) LBJ or Wade or who-the-f*ck-ever taking 28 Threes in the forth? Do you want a team when we finally get a big to ignore him and shoot themselves out of games nightly trying to appease the coach? Its his style... if you like it that's cool but seriously when we do get "1 star" as you say, do you think playing like this will work? Motherf*ckers need more time to determine if his style fits? You need to actually see a star chuck unconscionable threes everynight to see or do you know the game already? SMFH!!!!!!
    Last edited by Red; Nov 05, 2009 at 20:46.

  7. #37
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Most of it is on the coach. We have talent. How do you suppose we averaged so many points a game? Because we have talent.


    In the past few days I have been thinking about our team more in depth. This style that d'antoni brings will only get us so far (second round of the playoffs and nothing beyond). And once we drop him, we will have to start over because most of the players we have will be molded into system ballers. Run and gun ballers. Guys that will not be able to succeed too well in a half court game.


    d'antoni basically has us playing in a style that requires little discipline. Its also a style of play that has never succeeded in winning championships. (Phoenix with d'antoni, dallas and golden state with nelson). Its a style that's not meant to win titles. Its a motha****in fact!!!

  8. #38
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by SLY1984
    Most of it is on the coach. We have talent. How do you suppose we averaged so many points a game? Because we have talent.


    In the past few days I have been thinking about our team more in depth. This style that d'antoni brings will only get us so far (second round of the playoffs and nothing beyond). And once we drop him, we will have to start over because most of the players we have will be molded into system ballers. Run and gun ballers. Guys that will not be able to succeed too well in a half court game.


    d'antoni basically has us playing in a style that requires little discipline. Its also a style of play that has never succeeded in winning championships. (Phoenix with d'antoni, dallas and golden state with nelson). Its a style that's not meant to win titles. Its a motha****in fact!!!
    "D'Antoni basically has us playing a style that requires little discipline" exactly you took the words out of my mouth.... Sly my n*gga! I wish dudes would realize this and know we gotta cut the cord ASAP with this guy, he's not good for us. Inflate someones stats, get him traded and move on.

  9. #39
    Superstar NicksKnicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Birstall, England
    Posts
    541
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    mark jackson needs to take it over. either him or jeff van gundy. no one else.

  10. #40
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by SLY1984
    Most of it is on the coach. We have talent. How do you suppose we averaged so many points a game? Because we have talent.

    Wait. You essentially said we don't have talent in this thread:

    Originally Posted by SLY1984
    Anyway, out of your four choices, I only agree with the gallo and douglas picks. Lee will ultimately become a bench player in a good team. So if we decide to keep him, expect him to ask for 9 to 12mil for about 4 years. Once the Knicks become a strong team Lee will probably be on the bench, playing as a 10 million dollar reserve. That shouldn't happen. As for harrington, he will become a third or fourth option once we get a star player, so he is expendable. Plus, he's already 30+ y/o and committing stupid mistakes (hanging on the rim like a "baboon", remember? Lol).


    The two other players that we should keep are:

    Nate and chandler.


    Young role players (at the moment) that can become stars. One is an elite sixth man and the other is a defensive wing player who had a pretty good year last year. Ok, so wilson is sucking(no homo) early on, but he is coming off of surgery, so its to be expected. Both players are cheap though, so getting rid of them is easier than getting rid of other money hungry players.
    Which is it? Do we have talent or not? I would argure the reason we score so many points is because of D'Antoni's system not because we have talent.

    We all knew this was another throw away year. You people calling for D'Antoni to be fired already are the worst. Hey...WAKE UP PEOPLE...WE'RE STILL REBUILDING!!! THIS TEAM F*CKING SUCKS!! I've been saying this all offseason...that they would be the 2nd or 3rd worst team in the east...but no...you people thought we could make the playoffs. Get a grip. This team is awful.

    D'Antoni's system is already proven to win. He was 1 game away from the finals that was stolen from him because of refs (see what Donaghy said and tell me that aint f*cked up). And we all know the Suns would have beaten the Cavs in the finals that year.

    So don't say that style can never win. You get the right players and the style can win. And that's what Donnie is trying to do now. Rebuild the team with players that will fit in D'Anotni's system + 1 max-all-star.

    Originally Posted by NicksKnicks
    mark jackson needs to take it over. either him or jeff van gundy. no one else.
    HA! You actually think Mark Jackson could win more games than D'Antoni? With the group of losers we have right now?


    Since all of you think we have so much talent and would be winning if it wasn't for D'Antoni...somebody please name 1 player on this roster that would be a starter on a good team...name 1.

  11. #41
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    .somebody please name 1 player on this roster that would be a starter on a good team...name 1.
    David Lee....on Maccabi Tel Aviv...They're good.....In Israel.....

  12. #42
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Hey RED,

    You hit the nail on the head over and over with your post. It seems that we have the same type of views on success for winning basketball. SSOL is definitely flawed on so many levels. With SSOL, you can entertain and win games if you have accurate shooters and well conditioned players. On the other hand, it is very prone to inconsistency since most of the shots are low percentage.

    Anyone who really understands basketball knows that you win by being a smart offensive team and even better on the defensive end. If your in a close game, the point is to limit your opponents possesions while your team takes high percentage shots and use clock management. There are so many times when I'm watching the Knicks and they make a good stop but then come down and take a horrible shot thus giving the posession back to the opponent almost immediately without anything to show for the defensive effort.

    I've said this in an earlier post but the SSOL is not a good fit for these group of players and Dantoni gets an "F" for not realizing that. I wonder what he's going to do when Curry somes back because his fat ass is DEFINITELY not equipped for this offense.

  13. #43
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Since all of you think we have so much talent and would be winning if it wasn't for D'Antoni...somebody please name 1 player on this roster that would be a starter on a good team...name 1.
    Lee could be a starter on a bunch of good teams. Why? Because he produces consistently.

  14. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I've said this in an earlier post but the SSOL is not a good fit for these group of players and Dantoni gets an "F" for not realizing that. I wonder what he's going to do when Curry somes back because his fat ass is DEFINITELY not equipped for this offense.
    A lot of people having making assumptions with no facts. This quote is one of them. I am not just calling out nyk_nyk, I just chose this part of his post because it was one of the latest.

    D'antoni do not realize he does not have players good enough for his system? What facts do you have to back this up? You think it is possible that maybe he does realize this; however, he just uses the players he has? It isn't as easy to be able to pick and choose who you want for your system. It isn't as easy as changing the system that you coach because you do not have the players for it.

    There was a point in time when Phil Jackson did not have the players he needed for his triangle system, and they weren't winning championships. He didn't change his system. He waited until he got those players.

    I am not defending D'antoni. I am not very happy with the Knicks. I am not a fan of the seven seconds. However, I do understand that our players are NOT GOOD. The only two players on our team that are consistent: David Lee, not even an all-star, and Eddy Curry.

    What coach can seriously take these guys and turn them into a winning team? We have one guy that we can count on to do something every night, everyone else is a roll of the dice.

  15. #45
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Wait. You essentially said we don't have talent in this thread:



    Which is it? Do we have talent or not? I would argure the reason we score so many points is because of D'Antoni's system not because we have talent.

    We all knew this was another throw away year. You people calling for D'Antoni to be fired already are the worst. Hey...WAKE UP PEOPLE...WE'RE STILL REBUILDING!!! THIS TEAM F*CKING SUCKS!! I've been saying this all offseason...that they would be the 2nd or 3rd worst team in the east...but no...you people thought we could make the playoffs. Get a grip. This team is awful.

    D'Antoni's system is already proven to win. He was 1 game away from the finals that was stolen from him because of refs (see what Donaghy said and tell me that aint f*cked up). And we all know the Suns would have beaten the Cavs in the finals that year.

    So don't say that style can never win. You get the right players and the style can win. And that's what Donnie is trying to do now. Rebuild the team with players that will fit in D'Anotni's system + 1 max-all-star.



    HA! You actually think Mark Jackson could win more games than D'Antoni? With the group of losers we have right now?


    Since all of you think we have so much talent and would be winning if it wasn't for D'Antoni...somebody please name 1 player on this roster that would be a starter on a good team...name 1.
    LMFAO where's OGKnickfan so he can call this guy out for manipulation of words...



    That second quote of mine was from another thread asking for OUR own opinion on who we would choose to keep beyond 2010. In NO WAY did I discredit our players from being talented. You on the other hand, seem to bash the Knicks roster every time you post.



    Of course every player on our team has talent, even that fat **** curry has talent. Why do you think they're in the NBA?



    How the **** would you know if the style can win? it has NEVER won a championship(which is what only matters). We saw this with nelson's Golden state team of the early 90's, nelson's dallas mavericks of the early 2000's and we also saw it in d'antoni's suns. It can't ****in win!! The style can't ****in win!! Get it through your head.



    Its disgraceful how you talk **** about the players that make up our NY Knicks, yet back up a ****in coach that hasn't really proved much in his time here. SMH

Similar Threads

  1. Fire D'antoni!!!
    By johnstarky in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: Mar 12, 2012, 15:42
  2. D'antoni Accepts Offer to Coach Knicks
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Jan 26, 2012, 16:27
  3. Replies: 29
    Last Post: May 17, 2011, 10:40
  4. D'antoni in Love with the Big ****
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2008, 10:23
  5. New York Knicks@ Boston Celtics
    By D-Lee42fan in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: Dec 01, 2007, 22:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •