Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New York Knicks vs. New Orleans Hornets

If only we can play the whole game like we play the 4th quaters. Will be easily top 10. That's why we need a superstar.

......45-37.......

Wow another great game by Lee againist another center.He amazes me more and more every game.Hughes had another great game and it looks like he is ready to play so I say play him as much as possible during this hot streak he is on.Gallo,has really impressed me so far this year and he is quickly becoming one of my favorite Knicks.He did'nt shoot that good this game but his passing was great along with some defense.Duhon played a great game and really runned the offense to perfection.Hopefully he is out of his slump b/c the Knicks need him.Over all it was a great effort by the whole team.GO KNICKS!!!!!!!!!

phew we beat a pretty good team, a good confidence booster. great game by lee, hughes and harrington stepped up nicely. i was also waiting to see a game where gallo didnt score well, to see what other contributions he made. he had some excellent passes, and solid defense (cept when he tried guarding cp3 lol). we all know he wont be 2-9 very often, so it was encouraging to see him having an effect on the ball game even without him scoring. we should be able to beat a pacers team that is in an obvious rebuilding mode. and the game that could put the knicks on the map is the game against cleveland on friday. its on primetime espn, a ****load of ppl will be watching cuz of james. this could be our chance to show that we arent dead meat. so im hoping we can finish this week 3-2.

Well Good Win For The Guys. THANKZ To DANTONI GiveING A Chance To Larry And I Still Think The Team Will Be Better If We Had Arroyo AS OUR PG. BUT I HOPE DUJON WILL STAYS CONSISTENT LIKE TODAYS GAME.
    K Viva Rap.dom Lo Mejor Del Mundo For (metrocard) Latinos Baby

Default impressive win. go hughes!?

impressive win! i'll eat my words and give proper props to Hughes, he won the game for the Knicks. this is the first time I've seen him with any spark from his Washington days; let him start and play this way for rest of year, OK! Al Harrington needs to DRIVE more, he's one of the best driving/shooting forwards we've had since Bernard King, he can take over a game if he drives first, shoots second. Same with young Will Chandler, the boy needs to DRIVE to da hoop! Gallo can shoot all he wants, great game for him all around. Jefferies works best as a bench player, he's second team material all the way. I like Darko's game, he needs more of Jefferies minutes. DLEE played one of his best games I've ever seen, against stiff competition in West/Okafor; he held his own, and was a monster tonite!

So few bricks, excellent Assist/TO ration, that's a winning combination.

here's why we won:

TEAM COMPARISON - HORNETS / KNICKS

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">
    Points</td> <td>111</td> <td>117</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">FG Made-Attempted</td> <td>42-86 (.488)</td> <td>43-93 (.462)</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">3P Made-Attempted</td> <td>10-26 (.385)</td> <td>7-23 (.304)</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">FT Made-Attempted</td> <td>17-19 (.895)</td> <td>24-28 (.857)</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">Rebounds (Offensive-Total)</td> <td>7-40</td> <td>12-44</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">Assists</td> <td>24</td> <td>24</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">Turnovers</td> <td>11</td> <td>9</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">Steals</td> <td>3</td> <td>6</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">Blocks</td> <td>4</td> <td>3</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">Fast Break Points</td> <td>0</td> <td>6</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)</td> <td>21 (0/0)</td> <td>20 (0/0)</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">Largest Lead</td> <td>6</td> <td>12</td></tr></tbody></table>

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    ......45-37.......
    im not so sure about that 45 wins right now...

Great defense except for the 3rd quarter....Hughes and Gallinari make a huge difference from Jeffries and Al Harrington in the starting lineup.

I was very impressed with the passing of both Hughes and Gallo...they have good offensive awareness and court vision...definitely the two smartest guys on the court for this team.

Mike D should not touch this starting lineup unless he wants to put Chandler on the bench which i don't see happening. Our starting lineup is pretty good and im content. We should play Douglas a little more because Duhon made some really dumb passes. Duhon should only play 30 min a game and give Douglas the rest.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

We're just not meant to be a 3pt shooting team right now with this roster.

We should be a run and slash team. Not run and gun.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by knicksfancris
    Well Good Win For The Guys. THANKZ To DANTONI GiveING A Chance To Larry And I Still Think The Team Will Be Better If We Had Arroyo AS OUR PG. BUT I HOPE DUJON WILL STAYS CONSISTENT LIKE TODAYS GAME.
    K Viva Rap.dom Lo Mejor Del Mundo For (metrocard) Latinos Baby
    Wepa....my brother.

I go to Manhattan College...Luis Flores is a legend and is going to be a sleeper FIBA PG for Dominican Republic....

I hope Dominican Republic qualifities for FIBA 2010....they deserve it

Anyteam with

Flores
    Garcia
    Villanueva
    Horford

deserves to be in the tourney.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Wepa....my brother.

I go to Manhattan College...Luis Flores is a legend and is going to be a sleeper FIBA PG for Dominican Republic....

I hope Dominican Republic qualifities for FIBA 2010....they deserve it

Anyteam with

Flores
    Garcia
    Villanueva
    Horford

deserves to be in the tourney.
    i know luis in person.also luis felipe lopez.they play in dr for a team called pueblo nuevo thats where iam from in sanitago dom rep and he is relley good. but a guy thats no in the nba and is good is jamaicol martinez he played also in the fiba 2010 and i hope the make it **** villanueva relley wants to win.but iam suprriesed luis felipe lopez did not go he could be a good role player and also they say if we qualafy trevor ariza is going to play with us his dad is dominican and he got his dominican papers ready so our strating five is

luis flores
    fransico garcia
    trevor ariza
    villanueva
    hardford

role
    luis felipe lopez.and other unknown that u prob saw at fiba lol
    **** i think that squad can beat a couple teams in the nba inculding the knicks lol
    o yeah and ariza did not go the last games because of the contract issues he was haveing with the lakers

24 assists and only nine turnovers. That is about the cleanest game the Knicks have played since Clyde was the point guard. The key now is to do it again against Indiana. They need to show some consistency if they are going to get to 40 wins and a playoff berth.

We finally get our first win of the season, though it took 4th game to get our act together. D'Antoni finally realized that playing a SF (Chandler) at the SG position who can't shoot is a mistake. What a surprise Hughes has been in the last two games. I think that benching him, got to his ego and he decided to go out there and play like he actually cares. His defense and shooting was on point. Also his passing. Lee held his own against Okafor offensively, But defensively he needs improvement. Gallo showed that even if he's having a off night, he will do other things to help us. His passing showed his high basketball IQ.
    The reason we won was that we played good defense, offensively we were good, and most important we shot around 24 threes compared to in the 40's in the past games, which instead we attacked the paint more. I really hope it was D'antoni that told the players to drive to the basket and not shoot so many threes. Maybe the team learned what it took to win a game. Which was good ball movement, don't shoot threes like there's no other way to score, and play good defense. I was really happy with the effort, which turned into a win. Let's carry this momentum in the next game.