Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: When LEBRON hugged GALLINARI I realized JAMES is coming to NY

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,381
    Rep Power
    11

    Default When LEBRON hugged GALLINARI I realized JAMES is coming to NY

    Watching Lebron James consoling Toney Douglas last night made me think; but when I saw LJ approach Danillo after the game last night, hug the dude and then whisper something to him (KAHN from Newsday said it had to do with continuing doing what he's doing and getting his back in good shape).... Well, it was loud and clear to me that he's watching us and seriously considering NY his new home.

    First of all, we have the obvious: LJ did nothing last offseason to help CLE. Had he announced his commitment he would have helped CLE recruit a guy like Artest. LJ did not do anything to help in that regard, and that is the loudest message sent so far. Had he truly wanted to build a winner in CLE, that would've been the wisest thing to do if he wanted to go for it this year.

    NO WAY CLE is beating BOS, ORL or LAL this year. It aint happening.

    Secondly, we have this thing with LJ and knowing enough about Danillo and his back. Let's be honest, of all the players on CLE and NYK moving fwd into 2010 and beyond... Danillo Gallinari is the best prospect hands down.

    Sure, Chris Bosh could easily just sign with CLE next year. I mean, that's easier than coming to NY and having LJ follow him. WE ALL KNOW Bosh is fleeing Canada ASAP. I don't see him staying in TOR.

    NOW, both of these cats are smart enough to realize they will be gazillionaires no matter what. NY wont need to worry about offering 2 max contracts. TRUST ME, Lebron would take less money to get another star in NY with him.

    SO, if Lebron is already thinking about coming to NY, and bringing a star with him, than no wonder why he sees NY a solid option. We have Danillo, we can also use our bird rights for David Lee. Danillo and Lee as the 3rd and 4th option on a winning team is the ideal situation for both.

    Harrington will join the ship b/c he already said he wants to be here when we win. Toss in Darko, Hill, Douglas. There you go!



    PG ?
    SG Gallinari
    SF JAMES
    PF LEE
    C BOSH

    Harrington (6th man), Chandler, Darko, Hill, Douglas

    This will win you a championship.... and be a force for years to come! I'm also confident Curry will return and play well enough where he will be dealt.

    NO MATTER what happens this season, getting rid of Jeffries and Curry, while developing the kids is the key to this season. LEBRON probably has one of his buddies assigned to following us all season. He also realizes CLE doesn't have a supporting cast (They do not have a player like Galinari).

    We might have to trade Wilson Chanlder to get a PG, or to force someone to take Curry....

  2. #2
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I want Amare over Bosh.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Why would we want to get Amare? We got Jordan Hill.

    I'd insta-co-sign your scenario for the future and can't help but think we have some sweet pieces to place around a beast like Bron....and plz to be shipping Chandler ASAP...not like the time for that wasn't intra-draft for a goddamn PG and then showing no ambition in signing any of the dynamic playmakers out there...

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    QUEENS
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    for the longest time i thought lebron was going to stay in cleveland, but on Friday I went to the Knicks/Cavs game had good seats right near the cavs bench and after watching lebron in the garden i have a strong feeling he will come to the knicks. the guy was in heaven at the garden and was playing to the crowd the entire game. The thought of being the center of attention in the biggest city in the world every single night is going to be what brings him here. the knicks are not stupid they paraded the world champion yankees right in front of him to let him know this is what it could be like if u can win here. the place was jumping and wild the entire game despite the knicks getting blown out for most of the game.

    Also for people that think that he has a better chance of winning a championship in cleveland than here need to really think of how the nba and the salary cap works. In the nba every single contract is extremely important and if you make a few mistakes here and there you can miss your chance at a title. the knicks will have a ton of cap room this year and then again in 2011 when fat curry and jeffries come off the books and could tailor the team to lebron's needs. Cleveland is stuck with what they got and have made desperation trades and signings to try and piece-meal a team together. Cleveland will make the playoffs every yr with lebron but wont beat orlando or boston when Mo Williams is ur 2nd best player.

    Imagine for lebron he signs with the knicks this year and walsh goes we have 10mm this year and 18 million dollars in 2011 for you to pick whoever u want to come play here.

  5. #5
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Jesus christ.

    How are we going to sign Bosh, Lebron and Harrington? Please explain.

    I've stated many, many times in several threads how this is impossible. Either people don't read posts or they have their head so far up their ass they choose to ignore reality.

  6. #6
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,381
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Jesus christ.

    How are we going to sign Bosh, Lebron and Harrington? Please explain.

    I've stated many, many times in several threads how this is impossible. Either people don't read posts or they have their head so far up their ass they choose to ignore reality.
    The good thing about reality is the fact it's always in flux (and, ergo, is almost impossible to predict).

    For starters, your logic assumes Walsh will fail to trade Curry and/or Jeffries.

    Secondly, you posit that LJ will only come to NY if he signs a max contract.

    Furthermore, we both have no comprhension-insight into the thinking of a player like BOSH, and what he might do to flee TOR and play for multiple championships w/ a player like LJ; or what Harrinton might do-sacrifice to stay home in NY and be present when things turnaround for the better?

    I really do believe Lebron James will be here in NY; I do think either Al Harrington or David Lee will be retained (not both but definitely one of them); and I think a guy like Rudy Gay, Joe Johnson or Chris Bosh will join LJ (or, in the worst case scenario if we fail to shed ourselves of Curry's contract, we "settle" for Chris Paul in 2011).

    Why is this some unfounded delusion?

    You think Lebron is stupid? You think he wants to suck every penny out of Dolan and leave himself with a supporting cast of role players? I know he wont come cheap, but there will be wiggle room.

    You think Lebron James and Chris Paul wouldn't help lead NY to MULTIPLE championships 2011-2015? Imagine LJ, CP & Danillo in 2011? WOW!

    SO.... it might even be best for NY to fail in its attempt to deal Curry. That might mean you are correct and we're left with just signing LJ. BUT, imagine that.... POOF... we are set to sign Chris Paul the next summer.

    Again, LJ aint stupid.... he'll look at the big picture. He'll accept the role of SUPERMAN for one season, making NY his team (and home) and plant the seeds of success.... Knowing that help is coming the next season.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,808
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Jesus christ.

    How are we going to sign Bosh, Lebron and Harrington? Please explain.

    I've stated many, many times in several threads how this is impossible. Either people don't read posts or they have their head so far up their ass they choose to ignore reality.
    lets not forget dwade... i think we are going to sign em all... lebron,dwade,amare and bosh.. all 4..

    to hell with the salary cap...

  8. #8
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,381
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by 20 is a CROOK
    for the longest time i thought lebron was going to stay in cleveland, but on Friday I went to the Knicks/Cavs game had good seats right near the cavs bench and after watching lebron in the garden i have a strong feeling he will come to the knicks. the guy was in heaven at the garden and was playing to the crowd the entire game. The thought of being the center of attention in the biggest city in the world every single night is going to be what brings him here. the knicks are not stupid they paraded the world champion yankees right in front of him to let him know this is what it could be like if u can win here. the place was jumping and wild the entire game despite the knicks getting blown out for most of the game.

    Also for people that think that he has a better chance of winning a championship in cleveland than here need to really think of how the nba and the salary cap works. In the nba every single contract is extremely important and if you make a few mistakes here and there you can miss your chance at a title. the knicks will have a ton of cap room this year and then again in 2011 when fat curry and jeffries come off the books and could tailor the team to lebron's needs. Cleveland is stuck with what they got and have made desperation trades and signings to try and piece-meal a team together. Cleveland will make the playoffs every yr with lebron but wont beat orlando or boston when Mo Williams is ur 2nd best player.

    Imagine for lebron he signs with the knicks this year and walsh goes we have 10mm this year and 18 million dollars in 2011 for you to pick whoever u want to come play here.
    I realized Lebron is coming to NY the moment Artest signed with the Lakers (HT with TOR and Ariza in HOU). If LJ was staying in CLE he would have assured somebody, and thus would have recruited them to help him win THIS season.

    After watching him in NY on Friday night, I was reassured (and confident) that this is LJ's stage, and he wants to embrace the challenge.

    If LJ comes to NY and wins here, not only will he reap the benefits of winning in MSG.... he will be hailed as a miracle-worker for turning around this joke and moribound franchise.

  9. #9
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    I want Amare over Bosh.
    Bosh is a better re bounder and shooter but Amare is more athletic and would be amazing with Mike D again...have to agree with you.

  10. #10
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    This is more reasonable guys

    Nash
    Chandler
    Gallinari
    Lee
    Bosh

    Then on the bench Toney Douglas, Jordan Hill, Kurt Thomas, and scrubs

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by jpz17
    This is more reasonable guys

    Nash
    Chandler
    Gallinari
    Lee
    Bosh

    Then on the bench Toney Douglas, Jordan Hill, Kurt Thomas, and scrubs
    Didn't Nash just sign a two year extension? And I really see Bosh ending up playing with D-Wade or Derrick Rose.

  12. #12
    Superstar Scribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    607
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    All I know is LeBron is enough of a signing to turn this franchise around.

    That in itself is every Knicks fan's daydream.

    But right now, I must admit, this is as close as I've come to believing that LeBron will come here come this summer (he might not exactly sign on July 1st but later...)

    He without a doubt gave strong indication he's considering the move. But is it all just smokescreen?

    I can't wait.... the anticipation is gonna kill me.

  13. #13
    Newbie Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    LJ approach Danillo after the game last night, hug the dude and then whisper something to him (KAHN from Newsday said it had to do with continuing doing what he's doing and getting his back in good shape)....

    Where can I see this Newsday article?

  14. #14
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,381
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Superfly
    Where can I see this Newsday article?
    Go to "KNICKS FIX" section (by Kahn). His Knicks blog.

  15. #15
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    **** lebron. In 2010, develop gallo and douglas, acquire Amare. In 2011, sign dwight howard, draft peyton siva.



    Starting line-up for 2011 season:



    PG-siva
    SG-douglas
    SF-gallo
    PF-Amare
    C-Howard



    And we'll still have money to spare.

Similar Threads

  1. Official Big **** Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: Dec 13, 2010, 15:55
  2. Exclusive: ESPN Writers Poll : Summer of 2010
    By ____I♥NY____ in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Sep 05, 2009, 00:27
  3. LeBron Declines Extension
    By ____I♥NY____ in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Aug 11, 2009, 05:30
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 09, 2009, 16:45
  5. Update On Lebron James To Knicks
    By NYKNICKS4LIFE in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 30, 2008, 09:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •