Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When LEBRON hugged GALLINARI I realized JAMES is coming to NY

Originally Posted by mafra
    Well then, like I said, we sign Lebron James this July and then ink Chris Paul the following summer. Starting the 2011 season, we'll have LJ, CP & DG (along with Chandler, Hill, Douglas and some spare parts).

You're just foolish if you think this isn't possible (salary cap-wise).

And, again.... I think this pair works better than signing two top guns this summer. Paul + Lebron + Danillo = threepeat!
    You're definitely a dreamer, that's for sure.

I myself wouldn't mind having CP3 as a Knick, though. I would rather the knicks sign chris than lebron...

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Because the numbers don't work. There isn't enough cap space, it's impossible. Go look at some of my previous posts. I don't have time to keep repeating myself to people who don't read or people that ignore the facts.

And it's delusional to think Lebron will take $10mil to play with the Knicks. And it's delusional to think Curry can be traded for an expiring contract before this year's deadline. I would almost argue that Jeffries is impossible to trade for an expiring contract by this year's deadline, but there is some hope for that.
    we'll just get D'Antoni to negotiate it with his double talk. lol He will sell LBJ on playing second fiddle to "the best shooter ever" thus no need for a Bosh or Amare....SMH!!!!

Well then, like I said, we sign Lebron James this July and then ink Chris Paul the following summer. Starting the 2011 season, we'll have LJ, CP & DG (along with Chandler, Hill, Douglas and some spare parts).

You're just foolish if you think this isn't possible (salary cap-wise).

And, again.... I think this pair works better than signing two top guns this summer. Paul + Lebron + Danillo = threepeat!
    Ughh.

Best case scenarios have us with $28mil in cap space this offseason, worst case $21mil.

We will most likely have 6 players on the roster (Curry, Jeffries, Gallo, Chandler, Hill and Douglas).

$17mil to Lebron. Best case leaves us with $11 mil to fill the rest of the roster. Worst case leaves us with $4mil (not enough to sign Lee or Harrington)

Say we give $9mil to Lee. Now we have $2mil to fill the rest of the roster. The roster now stands at 8 players. You need a minimum of 12.

Any money spent on players exceeding the $2mil and beyond 1 year, eats into 2011's available cap space. Jeffries and Curry's contracts equal approximately 1 max contract (Chris Paul).

If Lebron signs to a team with Curry, Jeffries, Lee, Gallo, Douglas, Chandler and Hill + a bunch of 1 year contract rental scrubs, then yes it's possible. But I think it's very unlikely.

The more logical (and likely) option is on draft day we trade the expiring contracts of Jeffries and Curry to teams looking to dump salary and have talented players with bloated/long-term contracts. Then sign Lebron and one other player with the cap space. Then use the MLE for some bench players. This will elimnate 2011's cap space but is a more likely approach to 2010.

We need another "STAR" Too...Bringing Lebron here just by himself won't be enough.

Originally Posted by YanksKnicks86
    We need another "STAR" Too...Bringing Lebron here just by himself won't be enough.
    While another star would be nice, I don't think it's essential. If we can get good players that can play well in D'Antoni's system and also play defense, it should be enough. Like Kirk Hinrich, Josh Smith or Sean Williams (I know, I know, most people would say Williams sucks and I can't argue with that but I still think he could be a good option at Center for D'Antoni's system).

Ughh.

Best case scenarios have us with $28mil in cap space this offseason, worst case $21mil.

We will most likely have 6 players on the roster (Curry, Jeffries, Gallo, Chandler, Hill and Douglas).

$17mil to Lebron. Best case leaves us with $11 mil to fill the rest of the roster. Worst case leaves us with $4mil (not enough to sign Lee or Harrington)

Say we give $9mil to Lee. Now we have $2mil to fill the rest of the roster. The roster now stands at 8 players. You need a minimum of 12.

Any money spent on players exceeding the $2mil and beyond 1 year, eats into 2011's available cap space. Jeffries and Curry's contracts equal approximately 1 max contract (Chris Paul).

If Lebron signs to a team with Curry, Jeffries, Lee, Gallo, Douglas, Chandler and Hill + a bunch of 1 year contract rental scrubs, then yes it's possible. But I think it's very unlikely.

The more logical (and likely) option is on draft day we trade the expiring contracts of Jeffries and Curry to teams looking to dump salary and have talented players with bloated/long-term contracts. Then sign Lebron and one other player with the cap space. Then use the MLE for some bench players. This will elimnate 2011's cap space but is a more likely approach to 2010.
    Yeah it doesn't look as good as I thought. Paul isn't a free agent until 2012 (although we could do what BOS did and trade for him on his walk year, but we don't have the chips BOS had when they got KG).

The cap shrinking probably killed the DW plan, not that it was built on a solid foundation anyway. It was really an excuse to stink for 2 years and not really get blasted for it (wonder what the mantra will be this summer if they fail to sign LJ)....

I thought it was sound to employ the DW plan. I also thought it would only work if we drafted well and hit it both drafts. Maybe we did. Chandler, Danillo, Hill & Douglas are almost as important to the DW plan (and its success) as signing LJ.

Danillo looks like he could be a LEGIT 3rd option on a championship team. How long? Who knows.... Heck, he may even be a DIRK. Again, who knows. I also think HILL (even though I hated the pick) has major potential to be an offensive force.

SO, while getting LJ is the key to everything (and I do think he's coming here no matter what- he wants this stage).... I think it all depends on how quickly the kids develop (and if we can trade Jeffries or Curry).

If we trade Jeffries, I think (along with BIRD rights) that helps us retain David Lee or Al Harrington?

Even if we're stuck with Eddie Curry, if we can at least get him back to being a 18 ppg player.... he could help in 2010 (and then it frees up cap space to sign another player).

Basically, Knicks are relying on signing Lebron James, and having Chandler, Gallinari, Hill and Douglas becoming productive starters.

The "DW" plan can't fail, because it was our only option. After years of sucking with the highest payroll in the league, our only choice was to trade our bad contracts, get cap space, and rebuild through the draft and free agency. It's not like Walsh's and the Knicks success is contingent on whether or not we get Lebron.

LJ approach Danillo after the game last night, hug the dude and then whisper something to him (KAHN from Newsday said it had to do with continuing doing what he's doing and getting his back in good shape)....

Where can I see this Newsday article?

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I want Amare over Bosh.
    Bosh is a better re bounder and shooter but Amare is more athletic and would be amazing with Mike D again...have to agree with you.

[quote=JayJ44;103223]Chris Paul isn't a free agent in 2011...[/quote

but melo is

Veteran

Jesus christ.

How are we going to sign Bosh, Lebron and Harrington? Please explain.

I've stated many, many times in several threads how this is impossible. Either people don't read posts or they have their head so far up their ass they choose to ignore reality.
    lets not forget dwade... i think we are going to sign em all... lebron,dwade,amare and bosh.. all 4..

to hell with the salary cap...

Originally Posted by Superfly
    Where can I see this Newsday article?
    Go to "KNICKS FIX" section (by Kahn). His Knicks blog.

**** lebron. In 2010, develop gallo and douglas, acquire Amare. In 2011, sign dwight howard, draft peyton siva.

Starting line-up for 2011 season:

PG-siva
    SG-douglas
    SF-gallo
    PF-Amare
    C-Howard

And we'll still have money to spare.