A.i. Might Come To Newyork!!!!!!

nyk_nyk

All Star
Right about now, this would be a great acquisition. It would give people a reason to buy tickets.

oilcan

Rookie
i took in the fun on Friday night. Man the Garden deserves a great team. But i was very disappointed in (what i thought was a great coach) Gallinari all 6 feet 9 of him dancing around the three point line in traffic. Never once posted up or hit the boards. Come on now this aint rocket science. He's way too soft don't get me wrong he's got a nice touch but he can't get open and if you can't post up you aint getting anything off outside. Furthermore he's standing next to the ball handler really awkward. Hughes looks like the only keeper I like Lee but he needs a true center that can run to play off of

LeFlume

All Star
Anything is better than what we have on the floor right now. I'm so discusted by what I see so any change is positive imho. A.I would be the best player we've had since his fellow Hoya Patrick Ewing's heyday in The Garden. I don't care if A.I is blind, Have a broken foot, a dislocated shoulder. He would make this team better no matter what.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Get Iverson here...The way things are looking - if we continue to go down the current road, the Jazz are going to get the #1/#2 overall draft pick from us...and that would be the worst pill to swallow. We already gave away LeMarcus Alridge and Tyrus Thomas in the Eddy Curry trade - to lose another high draft pick - that's suicide! lol The knicks need to salvage this season. Duhon is incapable of running the team as opposing teams have learned how to play him. The first part of last year - teams didn't know how to play against him, but as the season progressed, duhon's game became worse - and you can blame it on him breaking down...but it also had to do with opposing teams figuring out that he is nothing more than a career backup who cannot shoot. The second half of last year's season is extending itself into this season... The knicks need help. Bring in Iverson. December 15th is the first day he can be traded. No other team in the NBA wants this headcase - so we should be able to trade away Jefferies for him and Hunter...another guy who memphis never plays.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Iverson is one of the greatest scorers in the history of the league but his persona is that of a cancer. If he doesn't get his way he can be a problem for the rest of the team. That being said, I'd love to see him in a Knicks uniform. Anything is better than what we have now. Nate and Iverson on the floor at the same time would be energizing. But the way things have gone for him on the Grizzlies I don't see him coming back into the league.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Iverson is one of the greatest scorers in the history of the league but his persona is that of a cancer. If he doesn't get his way he can be a problem for the rest of the team. That being said, I'd love to see him in a Knicks uniform. Anything is better than what we have now. Nate and Iverson on the floor at the same time would be energizing. But the way things have gone for him on the Grizzlies I don't see him coming back into the league.

I would pick him and package him with Curry and any other contracts needed to make it work to get McGrady's contract. If not I would still rent him for a year since he can win games for us and probably would flourish in Dant's offense.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
great, lets just take one of the most inefficient & overrated guards who plays ZERO defense and ALWAYS PASSES A SECOND LATE TO OPEN SHOOTERS! exactly what we need!

another loss for the knicks, they're now 1-7

wow, pathetic

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Who would we trade to get AI? The salaries have to match and we won't take any long term contracts. Memphis does not have any other expiring deals they would be willing to give up and also match our salaries.

There is no way Donnie is going to do this. Nate's contract is the only one (I think) that we could trade to get AI. I seriously doubt Donnie would trade Nate for AI.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
on a one year deal? no.

Agreed. One year would be a minimal risk. At this point D'Antoni has got to be worried. He's on track to win less than 23 games. Calling A.I. a cancer is like calling Michael Jordan a scrub. The man lead the sixers to the finals by himself. He may not be that guy anymore but he certainly can put up 20 a night if you give him 32 minutes per game. That being said, I still doubt it will happen.

Sage

Rotation player
I'd love to see AI come to NY on a one year deal, I think he'd be entertaining, put up some points and attract defenders which would hopefully open up some team mates. Despite the chaos which follows him, he'd run a good SSOL offense I'd say.

jpz17

Starter
AI would have been a fantastic move for this year. Not next year. They would be 1000000 times better with him this year

nyk_nyk

All Star
great, lets just take one of the most inefficient & overrated guards who plays ZERO defense and ALWAYS PASSES A SECOND LATE TO OPEN SHOOTERS! exactly what we need!

another loss for the knicks, they're now 1-7

wow, pathetic

While AI isn't a great on-ball defender, he is very good at playing the passing lanes. I'd say that makes him an above average defender.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I never got why we didnt pursue him more seriously this Summer!

For 1.8 million Iverson is a steal, we could get him for even less if The Grizz agree to a buyout, which I guess would make not signing him this Summer somewhat of a smart move

My only issue would be that he would not instantly-if Mike has the cohonies to rightfully play him off the bench at first- start and how would he deal?

But lets be realistic....this is not going to happen, which is kinda sad! Because of our GM's pride I know the move would appear desperate...so WHAT!

I mean isnt trading for expiring contracts just to be apart of the 2010 FA market a bit desperate?

Isnt giving Chris Duhon the full MLE Desperate two years ago?

Isnt offering a 37 yr old Grant Hill the full MLE Desperate?

Signing Iverson would not be anymore Desperate than any of these other moves! the only difference is this has a most likely chance at being successful!

metrocard

Legend
We need passing and shooting.

Iverson would make us a weaker team. I don't want the leader scoring of my team to shoot at 40%.