Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Start Darko.

Default Start Darko.

Please, I'm already getting sick of this ****.

David Lee is a terrific player, Don't get me wrong. But playing him at C is only going to give us sub-par to really bad results. Plus, as many posters have said, Lee and Darko would compliment each other well. Darko has gotten 5, 6 , and 13 minutes respectively in each of the last three games, against Cleveland, Indiana, and New Orleans. Shocker alert: The one where he played the most is the one WE WON.

I don't think Mike has been changing things around. He just uses the same strategy game after game, and we are suffering because of this. We gotta learn to change our gameplan. We have NO interior D, you think he would be able to realize this by now.

Not every player in our starting 5 has to be offensively adept.

Harrington is effective off the bench.
    I don't know what the hell Chandler is doing.
    Nate is inured.

Darko
    Lee
    Gallo
    Hughes
    Duhon/Douglas

This has to be our 5. Just has to be. We can't attract any free agents playing the way we are playing.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Co-sign.
    Darko's only problem is his lazyness.

Darko is no answer. At times he shows promise.

But he needs to understand the handcheck rules in the NBA. Dude logs 4 fouls in 10 minutes of action.

C'mon son.

Veteran

I agree, 1-5 says it's not working. We need to stop trading layups for jump shots with other teams and Darko will be able to give us a few defensive stops in the paint and post up on offense so we can get some high percentage shots.

Can he physically play that many minutes tho? Like is he fit enough? Isn't his career average for minutes like 20-something? Definitely worth a try tho. We need some defense in the starting lineup.

I have been following Darko's career since he was drafted by the Piston's.

When given the minutes he will give us the defense we need. Once he is playing more his points, rebounds and blocks will be a lot better. A couple of surprises from him this season are the assists and steals. Darko has good court knowledge and is a good passer.

Starting him will make things better. They can't get much worst.

Veteran

robert's got a point. There's really no way things could get much worse than they are now.

Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    Please, I'm already getting sick of this ****.

David Lee is a terrific player, Don't get me wrong. But playing him at C is only going to give us sub-par to really bad results. Plus, as many posters have said, Lee and Darko would compliment each other well. Darko has gotten 5, 6 , and 13 minutes respectively in each of the last three games, against Cleveland, Indiana, and New Orleans. Shocker alert: The one where he played the most is the one WE WON.

I don't think Mike has been changing things around. He just uses the same strategy game after game, and we are suffering because of this. We gotta learn to change our gameplan. We have NO interior D, you think he would be able to realize this by now.

Not every player in our starting 5 has to be offensively adept.

Harrington is effective off the bench.
    I don't know what the hell Chandler is doing.
    Nate is inured.

Darko
    Lee
    Gallo
    Hughes
    Duhon/Douglas

This has to be our 5. Just has to be. We can't attract any free agents playing the way we are playing.
    Yup thats why Darko has to replace chandler...Chandler has only brought defense to this team this year and Darko can do the same and he's 7 feet.

Chandler is not the same, make him a sixth man and start Darko with Lee.

I have been on the Darko team since he came here. What's the point in bringing Darko when you barely play him? We were last in blocked shots and we sit the only tall shot blocker we have. I dont understand it.

Your lineup is the best option right now.

we are 1-7. we look terrible on defense. all hope, except in gallo, seems to be lost. why not try and add a spark? we cant get much worse, might as well try using a traditional lineup.

We lost by just a few points and I really believe that had Darko been in the game, we might have won. Our defense is nonexistent, playing Darko would have provided us with some much needed defense and maybe a few more rebounds, steals and a block or two. In a game this close at the end a good defensive game in the first half might have made a difference.

Veteran

Our team looks awful. At the very least if we start Darko, he'll hold down the opposing team's front court better than David Lee...

I'm starting to wonder if there's something wrong with Darko physically...

I can't understand how he gets a DNP-CD against a team as big as Utah. David Lee was getting abused down low all game, because our forwards (Chandler, Harrington, and Jeffries) all hang around the perimeter. You have to think Darko would have given us something, rebounds, blocks, something...

Either he's just not right, or Mike D is really not the coach we've all been lead to believe he is...

Originally Posted by LOIOSH30
    I'm starting to wonder if there's something wrong with Darko physically...

I can't understand how he gets a DNP-CD against a team as big as Utah. David Lee was getting abused down low all game, because our forwards (Chandler, Harrington, and Jeffries) all hang around the perimeter. You have to think Darko would have given us something, rebounds, blocks, something...

Either he's just not right, or Mike D is really not the coach we've all been lead to believe he is...
    I agree...something has to be wrong with Darko physically or Mike D mentally.

Darko could have helped us in a big way to stop Boozer in the post. I don't understand at all why Donie Walsh brought Darko here if he is not going to play him.

Now my anger comes out.

We do not have a shot blocking big man that plays decent minutes! Darko and Jordan Hill are the big men that can play defense, block a shot, and intimidate a team to not drive to the hoop! David Lee is piss poor defending Centers because he is not a center!!! David Lee has to play PF and Darko has to to start at Center.

Mike D has no reason to not play Darko. Instead he plays Chandler and Al Harrington constantly and their shooting percentages have been horrible because they just throw up bricks. Darko contributes more overall than Chandler and Harrington are as of right now. Darko's shot blocking, rebounding, and inside presence help us more than anything and Mike D is in la-la land.

If there is something wrong with Darko wouldn't they say something? I think the coach doesn't know what he is doing, not playing Darko 2 games in a row is ridiculous

Dantoni is convincing me more and more every game that he may just be an overrated coach. Granted, the Knicks do suck but I don't see any real coaching from him from game to game. I expect him to come up with different game plans depending on the opponent, but this team plays the same every game.

If the Knicks are playing a team that has poor interior defense they will still shoot an enormous amount of threes. There doesn't seem to be any adjustment on the coaches part. Also, can someone please tell Herb Williams to retire already! He will NEVER become a head coach. He's been here for a long time and he contributes nothing in terms of player development. He was a bum when he played and he's a bum teacher for our big men.