Byron Scott Fired

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Huh. That was a surprise. He's a decent coach. The Knicks got their only win from the Hornets. lol.

Byron Scott Fired

Byron Scott has been fired as head coach of the New Orleans Hornets. The team has underperformed starting the season with a 3-6 record.

A league source told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher that the Hornets will name general manager Jeff Bower as Scott's replacement and hire veteran coach Tim Floyd as his top assistant.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/62727/20091112/byron_scott_fired/

Paul1355

All Star
scott did good with them but they are a better team then what they have shown. Scott will get a job somewhere probably in college.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
I didn't see any quotes from the Hornets saying thanks to Scott for a tremendous job done with that franchise. In this case I don't believe the coach was to blame, but the players themselves. The Knicks have beaten them three straight meetings that should tell you that players are sleep walking instead of taking care of easy victories. This is a disgrace and Biron took the worst of it and I will root for them to lost each game out. They getting blown out by Blazers at home tonight, who are you gonna blame now? Now they place the GM to coach which is stupid and players won't react to it. They should of traded players and stay with coach, players get pampered all the time but in this case wasn't a good choice.

Paul1355

All Star
I didn't see any quotes from the Hornets saying thanks to Scott for a tremendous job done with that franchise. In this case I don't believe the coach was to blame, but the players themselves. The Knicks have beaten them three straight meetings that should tell you that players are sleep walking instead of taking care of easy victories. This is a disgrace and Biron took the worst of it and I will root for them to lost each game out. They getting blown out by Blazers at home tonight, who are you gonna blame now? Now they place the GM to coach which is stupid and players won't react to it. They should of traded players and stay with coach, players get pampered all the time but in this case wasn't a good choice.

Byron won coach of the year two years ago...even Al Trautwig and Kelly Tripucka on the pre game show said it was ridiculous that he was fired after 9 games.