The New Jersey Nets are just a better team. NY is not ready.

Blumatic

Rotation player
The New Jersey Nets are Just a better team. It's just that simple. We play as hard as them but they just play smarter. They have bench players ready to step up and make plays. So we don't have Allan Houston and Tim Thomas, that is the excuse we have but this is our team right now. Even when TT was there it was a blowout. The Nets are smart. They know Mrabury is what makes the team go. So when they stop him, the stop the Knicks. The Knicks defense was bad with back door plays but that will happen from time to time. If we could have scored more it would have helped our defense get back and maybe the Nets would ahve scored less points and the game would have been a dog fight. My team played hard. The Knicks are not ready. They have a 39-43 record and they are not even the worst team in the playoffs. Boston is gettinng smacked by Indiana. Detroit is killing Milwalkee. They only competitve series in the east is Miami and New Orleans. Marbury is by himself. Anderson gets no respect from Nets b/c the leave him wide open. He was 3-15 last night. Deke swears he's a post player. The Knicks are not ready but making the playoffs will benefit this team next year. Isiah is keeping close watch. He will change this team. I think he is looking for bench players this summer. This team will change drastically again this summer. Lets hope game 3 and 4 we will see a team play for pride.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
i agree with both comments...
it wuld b better if our whole team was healthy and had more time to gel
but at least they all are gettin playoff experience

p

JJtheKnick

Starter
its ture they are a better team but look at the facts knick have injures knicks are brand new all new players they haveent been playing together that much the nets are like waht 5 6 years

all im saying enxt season the knicks will be the team to beat in the east

kevin

Benchwarmer
look at all of the great teams (Lakers. spurs, nets) they keep theur same team i think knicks should do the same. If we had to do one move I would get rid of Anderson

WiL8000

Rotation player
Its true, the Nets are better, the reason for that is team chemistry, the Knicks don't seem to have that. Of course, there are players on the Knicks that do, but as a collective unit, no way, and it makes them easy to take apart. Any good coach on an opposing team knows which Knicks to target. Now that the Knicks are short on players, especially their best players, it only makes taking apart New York, even easier.

Thomas will make more moves this summer and Crawford looks inevitable. I would love for the Knicks to somehow pull off an upset in this series, but I'm a realist. This series will show Thomas who he should keep for next season, and thats a good thing, because the Knicks need to be able to match the intensity of teams like the Nets, Pistons, and Pacers.

jayp

Benchwarmer
yup.. their core of martin-kidd-jefferson has been together and in the Finals for two years while our core of marbury-H2O-tthomas has never played even HALF a season together.. clearly experience and chemistry play a huge part in the playoffs..