Chris Paul Frustrated

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Chris Paul wants out. He won't say it publically because he's a nice guy but he knows the Hornets are a mess. After the Byron Scott firing Paul sees the Hornets falling apart and wants to win.

Donnie should "give the farm" for Chris Paul. Forget Lebron and 2010. Go after him now. The Hornets owner is cheap and won't get the pieces to surround Paul. Give them our expiring contracts and draft picks. Whatever it takes. Then use Curry's and Jeffries' expiring contracts after this season to get the rest of the pieces (Josh Smith?, Kevin Martin?).

Lebron is not coming here. No way would he come to this mess. He wants to win and the 2010 plan doesn't give him the proper supporting cast.

ANU

Starter
lee
hill
gallo
douglas
chandler

would all get sent packing if we could get paul.

but josh smith?kevin martin? hell no.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
lee
hill
gallo
douglas
chandler

would all get sent packing if we could get paul.

but josh smith?kevin martin? hell no.

I think it's obvious the PG is the most important position for D'Antoni's system. Nash is not coming here and Chris Paul is arguably the best PG in the game right now. He would be perfect for D'Antoni's system. He also plays defense.

I think Donnie should pursue this aggressively. Whatever it takes without getting totally raped. Noone should be considered untradeable or not worth giving up for Paul. Although I would like to keep Gallo somehow.

Another positive spin on this approach is that in scrapping the 2010 plan we can retain the Bird Rights for any of our players that could be helpful in the future. Harrington could still be a nice piece off the bench, same goes for Nate. We can than just use the MLE and Bi-level exception to get the rest of the role players (Kapono? Sean Williams?)

No Josh Smith?? I can understand the No on Kevin Martin because he's so injury prone but I think Josh Smith could be a nice fit at PF for D'Antoni's system. And he plays defense/blocks shots. If Paul can make Tyson Chandler and David West look good, imagine what he could do with Josh Smith.

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
Chris Paul wants out. He won't say it publically because he's a nice guy but he knows the Hornets are a mess. After the Byron Scott firing Paul sees the Hornets falling apart and wants to win.

Donnie should "give the farm" for Chris Paul. Forget Lebron and 2010. Go after him now. The Hornets owner is cheap and won't get the pieces to surround Paul. Give them our expiring contracts and draft picks. Whatever it takes. Then use Curry's and Jeffries' expiring contracts after this season to get the rest of the pieces (Josh Smith?, Kevin Martin?).

Lebron is not coming here. No way would he come to this mess. He wants to win and the 2010 plan doesn't give him the proper supporting cast.

If Lebron Does not want to come here because he wants o win..!

Then what makes you think Chris Paul will come here ? You think Chris Paul does not want to win?

Since we are a mess now and building up, then we should focus more on making the right draft picks and building the team like that by developing our OWN OWN OWN stars.

Some Examples are: Portland Trail Blazers (building around ROY), Memphis Grizzlies (Building around MAYO and Marc Gasol). I think those two teams will be two of the best teams in the WEST in the near future.

Again, we have pieces like Douglas, Gallinari, Hill that we should try to build the team around them for now. These guys have potential.

p.s. IT SUCKS that we dont have the 1 round pick for 2010 draft :S:S:S
Becasue once again we are going to suck this year,.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Knicks are HOPELESS.
lol.gif

LJ4ptplay

Starter
If Lebron Does not want to come here because he wants o win..!

Then what makes you think Chris Paul will come here ? You think Chris Paul does not want to win?

There's a difference. Lebron will sign with a team as an unrestricted free agent. Chris Paul would be traded. He has less choice. Lebron's team will compete for a championship. Chris Paul's team is bad and will look to rebuild. Plus, the Hornets are cheap and will not spend the money to get the supporting cast Chris Paul needs. The Knicks, on the other hand, will spend the money.

I would think Chris Paul would love to play for D'Antoni.

Since we are a mess now and building up, then we should focus more on making the right draft picks and building the team like that by developing our OWN OWN OWN stars.

Some Examples are: Portland Trail Blazers (building around ROY), Memphis Grizzlies (Building around MAYO and Marc Gasol). I think those two teams will be two of the best teams in the WEST in the near future.

Again, we have pieces like Douglas, Gallinari, Hill that we should try to build the team around them for now. These guys have potential.

Problem, we don't have any stars to build around. Chandler, Douglas and Hill will never be stars. Gallo has potential but still has a long way to go.

I don't want to have to wait another 10 years for us to make the right draft pick.

ANU

Starter
I think it's obvious the PG is the most important position for D'Antoni's system. Nash is not coming here and Chris Paul is arguably the best PG in the game right now. He would be perfect for D'Antoni's system. He also plays defense.

I think Donnie should pursue this aggressively. Whatever it takes without getting totally raped. Noone should be considered untradeable or not worth giving up for Paul. Although I would like to keep Gallo somehow.

Another positive spin on this approach is that in scrapping the 2010 plan we can retain the Bird Rights for any of our players that could be helpful in the future. Harrington could still be a nice piece off the bench, same goes for Nate. We can than just use the MLE and Bi-level exception to get the rest of the role players (Kapono? Sean Williams?)

No Josh Smith?? I can understand the No on Kevin Martin because he's so injury prone but I think Josh Smith could be a nice fit at PF for D'Antoni's system. And he plays defense/blocks shots. If Paul can make Tyson Chandler and David West look good, imagine what he could do with Josh Smith.
i actually like josh, is just his contract i don't like.i'd much rather see what yao does if he returns healthy.i'd rather have yao + paul.

on smith, i think he's got top 5 nba player ability, much like rudy gay.he's just dumb as a box of rocks.

SgtOrange

Benchwarmer
Even if the Hornets considered trading Paul (which they won't, trust me), we don't have anything to give. They need a SG and SF badly, plus a PG to replace Paul. Our best trade pieces would be Gallo, Douglas, and Chandler. That is not even close to enough for CP3.

JayJ44

Starter
We could trade our entire roster, the Hornets could still get a much better deal. Besides, how would the Hornets franchise make any money without CP3? This would never work...

umynot

Benchwarmer
Would love to get Paul wow that would be nice..............

But how can anyone say **** Lebron or being a player in the biggest FA class of ALL time?

Just dumb!!!

Paul1355

All Star

As much as I love Chris Paul, we need draft picks...we can't pull an isiah and be screwed for years like we are now because of the Marbury trade and having no 2010 pick.

If you would get Paul it would be now and using all the one year contracts we have as trade bait....throw in Lee, Robinson, Chandler, and I guess a 1st round pick but only one.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Honestly our entire roster isn't worth Chris Paul.

While the Hornets are cheap, the odds of us getting him are like the odds of the Knicks going 71-1 in their next 72 games and tying the best record in NBA history. Actually the latter is probably more likely than us getting Chris Paul

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
There's a difference. Lebron will sign with a team as an unrestricted free agent. Chris Paul would be traded. He has less choice. Lebron's team will compete for a championship. Chris Paul's team is bad and will look to rebuild. Plus, the Hornets are cheap and will not spend the money to get the supporting cast Chris Paul needs. The Knicks, on the other hand, will spend the money.

I would think Chris Paul would love to play for D'Antoni.

Problem, we don't have any stars to build around. Chandler, Douglas and Hill will never be stars. Gallo has potential but still has a long way to go.

I don't want to have to wait another 10 years for us to make the right draft pick.

No way will the Hornets trade Paul. There is no one in the Knicks line up that will match up. Forget finance. No one or group comes close to equal value skill for skill. Knicks have a much better shot at landing Nash.

Better shot is getting Joe Johnson. You can make the same argument of 'Why would Joe leave a playoff team to come to NY.' May response is Joe left Phoenix for ATL when ATL was a joke and not the place anyone wanted to be. Sounds a little bit like NY now.

Nash/Joe Johnson and maybe Bosh or Amare

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Would love to get Paul wow that would be nice..............

But how can anyone say **** Lebron or being a player in the biggest FA class of ALL time?

Just dumb!!!

Yea, you're right. I shouldn't have said fukk lebron. How about...fukk you instead.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
This makes me think that Chris Paul will be available. Trading Okafor for the expiring contract of Kenny Thomas sends the message that New Orleans is dumping salary and rebuilding.

But will Donnie look outside of the 2010 plan? He only wants expiring contracts. Noone is going to give expiring contracts for Curry and Jeffries. Too valuable.

But, we have many valuable expiring contracts right now. Also, if we scrap the 2010 free agency, we can then sign the Bird Rights to any of our remaining players that we might want to keep past this year (Lee? Harrington Nate?).

And there is no way a max-contract player is coming to the worst team in the league. It's possibly time to re-think the 2010 plan.

Source: Hornets, Kings Discussing Okafor Deal

The Kings and Hornets are discussing a deal that would send Emeka Okafor to Sacramento.

Sources told Sam Amick of the Sacramento Bee of the trade discussions.

The proposed swap would send forward Kenny Thomas to New Orleans. The Hornets would be inclined to agree to the deal because Thomas has an expiring contract worth $8.7 million.

However, the Kings have to be willing to take the five years and $62.5 million remaining on Okafor's deal.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/62800/20091115/source_hornets_kings_discussing_okafor_deal/