Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: We drafted Jordan Hill over this man

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Default We drafted Jordan Hill over this man

Ty Lawson
    21 minutes
    10.3 points
    1.0 steals
    52% FG
    50% 3pt
    95% FT
    2 rebounds
    3.2 assist
    1 turnover

Could of really excelled in this offense.

No offense to Tony Douglas, but he's a 6"1 SG...how far can we go with that? He's just doing good because Duhon and Hughes are bums.

We could of have Chase Budinger or DeJuan Blair(I prefer Blair)

Line up would be

Starting 5
    Lawson (potential 20 ppg scoring with 7-8 assist)
    Hughes (15 ppg scorer)
    Gallinari (15-18 ppg scorer)
    Blair (This man is already one of the best rebounders in the NBA and is a much better talent than Lee, doesnt have an ego like Lee)
    Milicic (shot blocking and post defense we desperately need)

Bench
    Duhon (is finally at where he would be, back up PG)
    Robinson (instant scoring off the bench)
    Harrington (instant scoring off the bench)
    Jefferies (pseudo defense)
    Curry (hope)

I would then send Lee and Chandler off a trade since they have trade value, probably package Curry and Jefferies in there.

Successful Trade Scenario
    Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to New York and Chicago being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York and Chicago had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Knicks trade
    Chandler
    Lee
    Jefferies
    Curry

Bulls trade
    Gibson
    Hunter(expiring)
    Thomas (expiring)
    James (expiring)
    Miller (expiring)

Knicks
    Lawson/Duhon/Hunter
    Hughes/Robinson
    Gallinari/Harrington
    Blair/Thomas/Gibson
    Miller/Milicic/James

Bulls
    Rose/Hinrich
    Salmons/Pargo
    Deng/Chandler/Jefferies
    Lee/Johnson
    Noah/Gray

This would give us maximal cap space, and let us sign Lebron or Wade

2010-11 Knicks
    Lawson/Duhon
    James/Robinson
    Gallinari/Harrington
    Blair/Thomas
    Milicic/Gibson

Why can't I be GM of the Knicks?
    Last edited by metrocard; Nov 14, 2009 at 09:15.

i was calling for any of the point guards in the draft, i knew they would perform better than expected. and while i never expected chris duhorrible to play this bad, i also didnt expect him to play as good as he did in the first half of the season. the only solace i can find in watching flynn, jennings and lawson do well is the hope that jordan hill will turn into a digusting Cb4/Stat hybrid and thatricky rubio will somehow find his way on this team. i can dream lol
    Last edited by knickzrulezH20; Nov 14, 2009 at 09:27.

Ty Lawson is a NC BUM. 1. Go Duke 2. Toney Douglas is better

Originally Posted by metrocard

Ty Lawson
    21 minutes
    10.3 points
    1.0 steals
    52% FG
    50% 3pt
    95% FT
    2 rebounds
    3.2 assist
    1 turnover

Could of really excelled in this offense.

No offense to Tony Douglas, but he's a 6"1 SG...how far can we go with that? He's just doing good because Duhon and Hughes are bums.

We could of have Chase Budinger or DeJuan Blair(I prefer Blair)

Line up would be

Starting 5
    Lawson (potential 20 ppg scoring with 7-8 assist)
    Hughes (15 ppg scorer)
    Gallinari (15-18 ppg scorer)
    Blair (This man is already one of the best rebounders in the NBA and is a much better talent than Lee, doesnt have an ego like Lee)
    Milicic (shot blocking and post defense we desperately need)

Bench
    Duhon (is finally at where he would be, back up PG)
    Robinson (instant scoring off the bench)
    Harrington (instant scoring off the bench)
    Jefferies (pseudo defense)
    Curry (hope)

I would then send Lee and Chandler off a trade since they have trade value, probably package Curry and Jefferies in there.

Successful Trade Scenario
    Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to New York and Chicago being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York and Chicago had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Knicks trade
    Chandler
    Lee
    Jefferies
    Curry

Bulls trade
    Gibson
    Hunter(expiring)
    Thomas (expiring)
    James (expiring)
    Miller (expiring)

Knicks
    Lawson/Duhon/Hunter
    Hughes/Robinson
    Gallinari/Harrington
    Blair/Thomas/Gibson
    Miller/Milicic/James

Bulls
    Rose/Hinrich
    Salmons/Pargo
    Deng/Chandler/Jefferies
    Lee/Johnson
    Noah/Gray

This would give us maximal cap space, and let us sign Lebron or Wade

2010-11 Knicks
    Lawson/Duhon
    James/Robinson
    Gallinari/Harrington
    Blair/Thomas
    Milicic/Gibson

Why can't I be GM of the Knicks?
    LOL, so you would actually re-sign Darko and anoint him our starting center?

Just another chapter in the book entitled..

Could've, Should've, Would've - A Chronicle of the New York Knicks (2000-2010)

I always said to draft Blair....

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Ty Lawson was on the trading-block the moment Minny drafted him.....he is an uptempo speed racing PG with outstanding passing-skillz.

The Knicks would have been Blessed if they pulled off a robbery of getting PF-Hill, PG-Lawson, and Combo-Douglas, this offseason out of the draft.
    I still would've resigned Lee & Nate for their experience around these rookies, and offered Rasheed Wallace a 1 year number he can not refuse for his experience around these rookies. However........

This 2009 draft Donnie Walsh has topped all of his 20 years of drafting by selecting Jordan Hill and Toney Douglas.

Now this loss to GS (1-9) ends all discussions about Dantoni.....he is a "celebrity coach" and the worst coach for this Knick Job.
    New coaches have to coach to their new team strengths and build from there, not give up b/c they dont perform like his last team where he inhereted 3-4 ALL-STAR players.
    On the strength of rookie Gallo is the only reason why Dantoni is still employed by the Knicks......if the Knicks lose to the next two teams which one consist of the 0-11 Nets......Dantoni should be FIRED a hour after that game...

or we are TANKING for the Utah Jazz

12th man

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    LOL, so you would actually re-sign Darko and anoint him our starting center?
    Darko starting wouldnt be a big deal when you have the fantastic four of Lawson(speed/passing) James(explosiveness and godding) Gallinari(shooting) Blair(banging the boards)

12th man

Originally Posted by jpz17
    Ty Lawson is a NC BUM. 1. Go Duke 2. Toney Douglas is better
    You sir...are the worst.

Mike D'Antoni is the best coach we've had since the 70s

There is no chance Mike D gets sacked, he is our main draw for free agents next season, as sad as that is. I still believe his system works when you get his players and that defense will come when you don't have half the team on 1 year deals. I have a feeling Lawson could still be had, would anyone object to Douglas + Chandler for Lawson?

Originally Posted by jpz17
    Mike D'Antoni is the best coach we've had since the 70s
    Wow, you're really on something today.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Ty Lawson was on the trading-block the moment Minny drafted him.....he is an uptempo speed racing PG with outstanding passing-skillz.

The Knicks would have been Blessed if they pulled off a robbery of getting PF-Hill, PG-Lawson, and Combo-Douglas, this offseason out of the draft.
    I still would've resigned Lee & Nate for their experience around these rookies, and offered Rasheed Wallace a 1 year number he can not refuse for his experience around these rookies. However........

This 2009 draft Donnie Walsh has topped all of his 20 years of drafting by selecting Jordan Hill and Toney Douglas.

Now this loss to GS (1-9) ends all discussions about Dantoni.....he is a "celebrity coach" and the worst coach for this Knick Job.
    New coaches have to coach to their new team strengths and build from there, not give up b/c they dont perform like his last team where he inhereted 3-4 ALL-STAR players.
    On the strength of rookie Gallo is the only reason why Dantoni is still employed by the Knicks......if the Knicks lose to the next two teams which one consist of the 0-11 Nets......Dantoni should be FIRED a hour after that game...

or we are TANKING for the Utah Jazz
    I'm looking forward to d'antoni being fired.

On draft night we could of easily picked up lawson by trading chandler. We really missed out on that opportunity.

The problem is D'Antoni prefers to play Duhon and Chandler who are not doing good instead of playing Hill who has played good whenever he's been in there.D'Antoni would have given Lawson two seconds a game.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    The problem is D'Antoni prefers to play Duhon and Chandler who are not doing good instead of playing Hill who has played good whenever he's been in there.D'Antoni would have given Lawson two seconds a game.
    He doesn't play Hill because plays like ass in practice. He has no problem giving minutes to Douglas, because he's NBA ready, like Lawson and unlike Hill. Lawson would have gotten ROY consideration if the Knicks drafted him.

Look.....The NBA Draft is not an exact science! If it was then there would be no such things as a steal

Now I followed all the Draft Threads and all the talk was about was Curry, Rubio, and Jrue Holiday, so now that Ty Lawson and Brandon Jennings are having these great starts to the season now all the Threads are about dumb Walsh is for not drafting these players.

The fact remains is that Ty Lawson is playing a stress free role right now! He is backing up one of the Best PG's in the league on a very talented team. Now it would be foolish to think he would put up the numbers he is now as the full-time starting PG for The Knicks in his rookie season.....just like if we continue to start Douglas it will turn midnight on Cinderella before long and he will struggle.

Look Mil. drafted a major bust in probably one of the most talented drafts in recent years and then gets possibly a major steal in a weak draft the very next season, no team gets it right every year, Orlando wisely chooses Dwight Howard -a highschool player- over Okafor -most dominent player in NCAA- but that they also wasted a pick on Vazquez

Again, lets remember teams get burned all the time in the draft -it is as common as injuries in Sports- and lets also let more than 9 games go by before considering Hill a bust

Thanks.
    Last edited by New New York; Nov 14, 2009 at 14:43.