10.3 points
1.0 steals
52% FG
50% 3pt
95% FT
2 rebounds
3.2 assist
1 turnover

Could of really excelled in this offense.

No offense to Tony Douglas, but he's a 6"1 SG...how far can we go with that? He's just doing good because Duhon and Hughes are bums.

We could of have Chase Budinger or DeJuan Blair(I prefer Blair)

Line up would be

Starting 5
Lawson (potential 20 ppg scoring with 7-8 assist)
Hughes (15 ppg scorer)
Gallinari (15-18 ppg scorer)
Blair (This man is already one of the best rebounders in the NBA and is a much better talent than Lee, doesnt have an ego like Lee)
Milicic (shot blocking and post defense we desperately need)

Bench
Duhon (is finally at where he would be, back up PG)
Robinson (instant scoring off the bench)
Harrington (instant scoring off the bench)
Jefferies (pseudo defense)
Curry (hope)

I would then send Lee and Chandler off a trade since they have trade value, probably package Curry and Jefferies in there.

Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to New York and Chicago being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York and Chicago had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Knicks trade
Chandler
Lee
Jefferies
Curry

Bulls trade
Gibson
Hunter(expiring)
Thomas (expiring)
James (expiring)
Miller (expiring)

Knicks
Lawson/Duhon/Hunter
Hughes/Robinson
Gallinari/Harrington
Blair/Thomas/Gibson
Miller/Milicic/James

Bulls
Rose/Hinrich
Salmons/Pargo
Deng/Chandler/Jefferies
Lee/Johnson
Noah/Gray

This would give us maximal cap space, and let us sign Lebron or Wade

2010-11 Knicks
Lawson/Duhon
James/Robinson
Gallinari/Harrington
Blair/Thomas
Milicic/Gibson

Why can't I be GM of the Knicks?

That has to be the dumbest trade suggestion ever. Why would Chicago take on Jeffries/Curry for 2 seasons out of our hands. Why would they give us Thomas/Gibson/Miller for them? You're and always will be the biggest clown of this forum. And oh yea I'll still draft Hill over Lawson any day because coming into the draft we lacked size/defense and Hill provides that.

portega1968

El Cacique
frederic weis over ron artest (kicked off the bullshit of the past decade)

jordan hill over brandon jennings... hope its not the start of another nightmare!!!

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Why is everyone labeling Hill a bust? He hasn't even been given consistent minutes on this team. I honestly like what I've seen from Hill. He's aggressive, goes for rebounds, and can shoot pretty well. Of course he's going to make mistakes, he's a ROOKIE. Also like I said before, there's no one on the coaching staff to teach this kid to take his game to the NBA level. Herb Williams is not going to cut it. I think given more time to play, Hill is going to become into a great player. He has the work ethic and mature mentality to do it.

metrocard

Legend
That has to be the dumbest trade suggestion ever. Why would Chicago take on Jeffries/Curry for 2 seasons out of our hands. Why would they give us Thomas/Gibson/Miller for them? You're and always will be the biggest clown of this forum. And oh yea I'll still draft Hill over Lawson any day because coming into the draft we lacked size/defense and Hill provides that.

Chicago gets a legit PF in that deal.
Okay.
Hill isn't good. Just because he's big doesn't make him a necessity.
We lacked a PG, Lawson, Jennings, Maynor and Collison were available.
We didn't really need a big man.

New New York

Quiet Storm
lol...."stress free", seriously?

Lawson is a NCAA Champion and a proven leader, he could play with stress or without.

And coming off the bench, theres no room for error. You have to impress the team as a rookie. I don't know how being a NBA rookie, esecpailly a PG is "stress free", especially when the standard is Chauncey Billups. When your a starter, your job and position is already SET, you could make errors but the coach is still going to stick with you, look at D'Antoni and Duhon for example.

Cmon now.....you are really trying to say that there is equal or more pressure on a backup PG as there is a starting PG? There is no need to "impress the team" as a rookie when you have one of the games best playing in front of you.

now George Karl will take whatever he gets from his rookie, sure; but no way Lawson "has" to do anything but sit back and learn. If he struggles its like "ok he's a rookie and we have Chauncy" and if he doesnt perform well, the team is in just as good a position to make it far in the playoffs without him.

Please show me the pressure to perform.

Having Chauncy play in front of you doesnt create a standard, but rather provides a cushion.

Now about the fact that he is a former NCAA championship winner making him ready made for the league, not all NCAA championship PG's handle the pressure of The NBA, remember Tyus Edney or Mateen Cleaves?

I'm not sayin Lawson wont be a top 5 PG one day, I'm just saying there is no way he would look as good being a ful-time starter his rookie season, especially playing with our group of misfits!

I am also saying that it is too early to dismiss Hill, Rasheed Wallace looked like a bust during the early part of his rookie season -I live in DC and I can remember laughing at the then Bullets for drafting him- but he came on strong at the end and we all know now he is one of the better PFs in the league.

NYK4Lyfe

Rookie

Ty Lawson
21 minutes
10.3 points
1.0 steals
52% FG
50% 3pt
95% FT
2 rebounds
3.2 assist
1 turnover

Could of really excelled in this offense.

No offense to Tony Douglas, but he's a 6"1 SG...how far can we go with that? He's just doing good because Duhon and Hughes are bums.

We could of have Chase Budinger or DeJuan Blair(I prefer Blair)

Line up would be

Starting 5
Lawson (potential 20 ppg scoring with 7-8 assist)
Hughes (15 ppg scorer)
Gallinari (15-18 ppg scorer)
Blair (This man is already one of the best rebounders in the NBA and is a much better talent than Lee, doesnt have an ego like Lee)
Milicic (shot blocking and post defense we desperately need)

Bench
Duhon (is finally at where he would be, back up PG)
Robinson (instant scoring off the bench)
Harrington (instant scoring off the bench)
Jefferies (pseudo defense)
Curry (hope)

I would then send Lee and Chandler off a trade since they have trade value, probably package Curry and Jefferies in there.

Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to New York and Chicago being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York and Chicago had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Knicks trade
Chandler
Lee
Jefferies
Curry

Bulls trade
Gibson
Hunter(expiring)
Thomas (expiring)
James (expiring)
Miller (expiring)

Knicks
Lawson/Duhon/Hunter
Hughes/Robinson
Gallinari/Harrington
Blair/Thomas/Gibson
Miller/Milicic/James

Bulls
Rose/Hinrich
Salmons/Pargo
Deng/Chandler/Jefferies
Lee/Johnson
Noah/Gray

This would give us maximal cap space, and let us sign Lebron or Wade

2010-11 Knicks
Lawson/Duhon
James/Robinson
Gallinari/Harrington
Blair/Thomas
Milicic/Gibson

Why can't I be GM of the Knicks?

not only did they pass on lawson but what about passing up brandon jennings? he's only averaging 25.6 PPG 4.4 RPG and 5.1APG

metrocard

Legend
Cmon now.....you are really trying to say that there is equal or more pressure on a backup PG as there is a starting PG? There is no need to "impress the team" as a rookie when you have one of the games best playing in front of you.

now George Karl will take whatever he gets from his rookie, sure; but no way Lawson "has" to do anything but sit back and learn. If he struggles its like "ok he's a rookie and we have Chauncy" and if he doesnt perform well, the team is in just as good a position to make it far in the playoffs without him.

Please show me the pressure to perform.

Having Chauncy play in front of you doesnt create a standard, but rather provides a cushion.

Now about the fact that he is a former NCAA championship winner making him ready made for the league, not all NCAA championship PG's handle the pressure of The NBA, remember Tyus Edney or Mateen Cleaves?

I'm not sayin Lawson wont be a top 5 PG one day, I'm just saying there is no way he would look as good being a ful-time starter his rookie season, especially playing with our group of misfits!

I am also saying that it is too early to dismiss Hill, Rasheed Wallace looked like a bust during the early part of his rookie season -I live in DC and I can remember laughing at the then Bullets for drafting him- but he came on strong at the end and we all know now he is one of the better PFs in the league.

You ever heard of first impressions?

As a NBA rookie, the stress levels are high, this is well known.
You're entering a new job and no one knows what you can do.

When your established and starting, everything is already set and the stress is MUCH less because you know whats coming....awareness is high and assertion is there.

and having one of the best playing infront of you just increases the standard, which is more stress due to higher expectations.

Lawson has been awesome man, what are you crying about?

Lawson is a leader, he's no shoot first chuck machine like Jennings, Lawson has timeless passing skills and would upgrade this team everyway possible Hill can never do.

Lawson uplifts his teammates when he plays well.
Hill uplifts himself when he plays well...we have way too many individual players, when they play well, its all individual....very isolated production.

Comparing Hill to Rasheed is type ignorant, considering Rasheed was an extremely talented prospect, probably the most talented of our decade; who many believe he underacheived despite a very good career.

Hill is going to do things, but nothing special.
He's not worth the 8th.

Its not too early to say he's a bust at 8.
It was a bad pick.
It is a bad pick.
It will be a bad pick.

Give your hopes up and realize the Knicks passed on their biggest weakness: a point guard.

Our defense is HOPELESS, but we're suppose to have a good offense.
The key to that good offense is a point guard, which we don't have.

No point guard = non competitive basketball because you dont have a ball handler who can create offense, just a lot of guys running out of the paint to swing the ball around the 3pt line...

Its just mad foolish to support the Hill pick.

He's a PF, not a center.
We have Lee, who may not be here for the future, but Hill won't have a productive 1st season...dude isn't suppose to be a project, he's an upper class man from the NCAA....no 1 and done guy.
Lets say Hill gets minutes.
What is he going to do?

12 ppg?
7 rebs???

Enough of this lameness...Wilson Chandler type hype....a guy is young and produces a little and everyone wants to gloryfy him for being average.

Enough of average....Lawson is a great prospect who can propel this offense into efficient and faster scorer.

We're trying to run a fast break offense with slow-minded and slow-motioned players (Jefferies, Gallinari(not slow minded) Duhon, Lee, Harrington, etc)

Not drafting Lawson will haunt us for years....just like not drafting Lopez the year before.

Shit if we had Lawson Blair and Lopez...sign James ...thats a championship team right htere.

SgtOrange

Benchwarmer
Seriously, Hill has looked good in limited minutes. I have been shocked by his shooting touch, and he looks good crashing the boards. The reason he looks kind of lost on D and fouls too much is because he has barely played, Mike D needs to give him a shot. Honestly, I'd try giving him all of Jeffries minutes just for the hell of it and see what happens. We all agree we desperately need a PG though, it is getting kind of ridiculous watching Duhon try and run this team.

New New York

Quiet Storm
You ever heard of first impressions?

As a NBA rookie, the stress levels are high, this is well known.
You're entering a new job and no one knows what you can do.

When your established and starting, everything is already set and the stress is MUCH less because you know whats coming....awareness is high and assertion is there.

and having one of the best playing infront of you just increases the standard, which is more stress due to higher expectations.

Lawson has been awesome man, what are you crying about?

Lawson is a leader, he's no shoot first chuck machine like Jennings, Lawson has timeless passing skills and would upgrade this team everyway possible Hill can never do.

Lawson uplifts his teammates when he plays well.
Hill uplifts himself when he plays well...we have way too many individual players, when they play well, its all individual....very isolated production.

Comparing Hill to Rasheed is type ignorant, considering Rasheed was an extremely talented prospect, probably the most talented of our decade; who many believe he underacheived despite a very good career.

Hill is going to do things, but nothing special.
He's not worth the 8th.

Its not too early to say he's a bust at 8.
It was a bad pick.
It is a bad pick.
It will be a bad pick.

Give your hopes up and realize the Knicks passed on their biggest weakness: a point guard.

Our defense is HOPELESS, but we're suppose to have a good offense.
The key to that good offense is a point guard, which we don't have.

No point guard = non competitive basketball because you dont have a ball handler who can create offense, just a lot of guys running out of the paint to swing the ball around the 3pt line...

Its just mad foolish to support the Hill pick.

He's a PF, not a center.
We have Lee, who may not be here for the future, but Hill won't have a productive 1st season...dude isn't suppose to be a project, he's an upper class man from the NCAA....no 1 and done guy.
Lets say Hill gets minutes.
What is he going to do?

12 ppg?
7 rebs???

Ok.....most of your reply was talking about how good Lawson is/will be, which is a point that I supported you on in my first reply. So dont see how I am "crying about anything"

I am not saying Hill will be a better player than Lawson, but I am saying Hill will be a better player than what he is showing so far. Is he the 8th best rookie in the league after 10 games, no! But Charlie V. was better than Deron Williams after 10 games, Damon Stoudimire was better than Antonio McDyess after a full season and who had the better career.....think about it

Plus rememeber a few years back when people were crying about us not drafting Marcus Williams after he had an impressive start to his rookie season...where is he now?.....I guess it is important for me to make sure you know that I am not comparing Williams to Lawson, I dont want 3000 word reply contrasting Lawson and Williams games! My point is...rookie stats mean jack

Now Jr., true foolishness is not me hoping for the best out of the player we drafted, but rather sitting back and talking shouldve, couldve,wouldve.

Lawson wasnt drafted by the Knicks
Lawson is not a Knick
And will never be a Knick

Now the Rasheed Wallace comparison is totally accurate considering I am not comparing how they play, but rather the fact that Rasheed was a rookie PF who struggled at first too, get it? And for the record scouts consider Hill to be a "talented prospect" too. You act as if drafting Hill was like drafting a no name player like Balkman. Early Mock drafts had him as high as 4 or 5

Also you still have not at all made sense of your argument that there is a lot of pressure on a backup PG who is playing behind an elite PG.....

I mean could anyone really tell off he top of their head the backups for Chris Paul, Deron Williams,Jason Kidd, Nash, or even Nelson? No! because their role is minimal; come in play some spot minutes and try to weather the storm and not make too many blunders while the starting PG is sitting.....the ideal role for a rookie PG!

Try Again on your points if you can.

mafra

Legend
Ok.....most of your reply was talking about how good Lawson is/will be, which is a point that I supported you on in my first reply. So dont see how I am "crying about anything"

I am not saying Hill will be a better player than Lawson, but I am saying Hill will be a better player than what he is showing so far. Is he the 8th best rookie in the league after 10 games, no! But Charlie V. was better than Deron Williams after 10 games, Damon Stoudimire was better than Antonio McDyess after a full season and who had the better career.....think about it

Plus rememeber a few years back when people were crying about us not drafting Marcus Williams after he had an impressive start to his rookie season...where is he now?.....I guess it is important for me to make sure you know that I am not comparing Williams to Lawson, I dont want 3000 word reply contrasting Lawson and Williams games! My point is...rookie stats mean jack

Now Jr., true foolishness is not me hoping for the best out of the player we drafted, but rather sitting back and talking shouldve, couldve,wouldve.

Lawson is not a Knick

Now the Rasheed Wallace comparison is totally accurate considering I am not comparing how they play, but rather the fact that Rasheed was a rookie PF who struggled at first too, get it? And for the record scouts consider Hill to be a "talented prospect" too. You act as if drafting Hill was like drafting a no name player like Balkman. Early Mock drafts had him as high as 4 or 5

Also you still have not at all made sense of your argument that there is a lot of pressure on a backup PG who is playing behind an elite PG.....

I mean could anyone really tell off he top of their head the backups for Chris Paul, Deron Williams,Jason Kidd, Nash, or even Nelson? No! because their role is minimal; come in play some spot minutes and try to weather the storm and not make too many blunders while the starting PG is sitting.....the ideal role for a rookie PG!

I see the "it" factor when I watch Hill play (at least in his offensive game). A true, legit 6"10' PF who can shoot it with a sweet stroke. He has a nice jumper and likes the perimeter, something that fits in D'ant's scheme.

What we do not knowis his heart. Is he ferocious? Will he attack the boards and play defense with a chip on his shoulder? I have not seen an inkling to this so far.

AGAIN, I do think Hill has potential. He might be something. HIs thing is he'll take at least 203 years before we start to see something emerge (more than him just socring points). BUT, in the meantime, if he can just become a potent scorer.... we can live with it.

The big issue is this: Can Chandler, Gall & Hill coexist? Do the compliment one another? Can they be a SG-SF-PF or a SF-PF-C combination? Especially if you sourround them with talent? Does this work with potential free agents?

Joe Johnson
Wilson Chandler
Danillo Gallinari
Jordan Hill
Chris Bosh

Is this a fearsome fivesome?

Could this work with Lebron James?

AGAIN, i must admit, I was on record saying I didn't want to draft BJ (and that I wanted Eric Gordon). I like Gallo now, and my BJ thinking was based on rumor and innuendo, and we still might be happy with the Jordan pick. Will it be too late? Would having BJ over Hill been enough to lure Lebron? Will we lose out on attracting free agents b/c of Hill? We'll see!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I don't think you can doubt the way Gallo has played, I think he's done a lot of things well...him and Douglas I feel like are the cores to build around...but the team still needs a game changer, ultimately they are second-fiddle type guys at best.
True.... He has... Sparingly.... I know I'm burning up the cynicism here, but all the high end statements about carrying the team and being a leader etc. is/are being outweighed by inconsistent play + shooting. He's an easy read for opposing coaches I think.

I dunno? Easy to hate when your record is worse only to the ****ing Nets.

metrocard

Legend

Lawson is not a Knick

Mad random stuff.

Iono man.

Hill seems a lot of like Chandler to me.
Raw with a low ceiling.
But its too early to doubt him on what he can do individually.

Fact is, drafting him over Lawson will always be a failure.
Lawson's contributions to the NBA will vastly has a more vital impact than Hill can ever have.
Point guards > Big men.

Mock drafts are mock drafts. Before the draft Hill wasn't even a first round pick. Similar to Frye who came out of no where and ended up in the lottery.

You need to do your research and realize how highly talented and a special prospect Rasheed Wallace was. Jordan Hill is no where near that class man.

Man have you played sports at all in your life?
Saying theres no stress for a rookie playing behind an all star PG....expectations and standards are HIGH, and its a first impression.
I just think you're trying to be stubborn.
Lets see you play in that position and see how stress free you are.

Lawson would be better off on a shit team like the Knicks where he can play more FREE as a starter.

Example is my man Carlos Arroyo.

Shit bench player, but a godly starter.

When he starts, he's more loose and isn't afraid to play without mistakes.
On the bench, he's more tense and caution of error. Its just a different role with a different mindset, especially at PG.

Rookie stats don't mean shit, right...

IONO, I just can't really **** with what you're talking about right now, it makes no sense. Hill as talented as Jordan? Lawson not ready to start on a NBA team, especially the Knicks?

My man is 5th on the team in scoring and almost has an assist to turnover ratio as good as Billups.

Paul, Lawson is an actually point guard who's efficient at scoring and don't waste opportunities or take bad shots.

Jennings and Curry are chuckers.

I REPEAT, not drafting Lawson will fail the Knicks for years to come.
I'm always right about these things.

BTW, just because Lawson is a rookie doesn't mean he can't start.

Look at Brandon Jennings and Tyreke Evans.

And Lawson is more experienced and skilled and NBA ready than both of those guys.

Hey New New....check this out for your flava.

The Bucks are 5-2
The Kings are 5-4

Both .500 teams, teams expected to finish below .500

Both lead by Rookie PG's, Jennings and Evans.

Its not about being a rookie, its about what you bring to the table.

Guys like Jennings, Evans, Lawson bring more to the table than bum ass starters like Duhon.

The new trend in the NBA is young PG's
Rose
Paul
Williams
Rondo
Westbrook
Brooks
Harris
Chalmers
Evans
Jennings
Lawson
Augustin
Stuckey
Lou Will
Conley
Barea
Maynor(starter now)
Collison(starter now)

Lawson could of been on this list.
But Knicks don't like to follow trends and remain on the bottom.
Now Lawson is liting it up in Denver to assist Denver on top of the West.

richtree

Rotation player
Lawson is a 6'1" guard too, so you contradict yourself there. Secondly, I think we needed an interior presence and Blair not a great defender.

I really think HIll will start to look better as the season progresses and if Curry plays at all, Hill will be open for 12-14 ft jumpers all year.

David Lee is a nice player, but lets face it he isn't that good. All good power forwards help their teams win games but Lee is just a guy with good numbers.

There is a reason no one wanted to pay for Lee because he isn't worth big money. Sure he gets a lot of offensive rebounds (with Knicks bricks) but that point of this is that I am happy with Jordan Hill so far and Douglas can be the perfect backup Point Guard for the next 7 years.

metrocard

Legend
Lawson is a 6'1" guard too, so you contradict yourself there. Secondly, I think we needed an interior presence and Blair not a great defender.

I really think HIll will start to look better as the season progresses and if Curry plays at all, Hill will be open for 12-14 ft jumpers all year.

David Lee is a nice player, but lets face it he isn't that good. All good power forwards help their teams win games but Lee is just a guy with good numbers.

There is a reason no one wanted to pay for Lee because he isn't worth big money. Sure he gets a lot of offensive rebounds (with Knicks bricks) but that point of this is that I am happy with Jordan Hill so far and Douglas can be the perfect backup Point Guard for the next 7 years.

???????????????????????? what contradiction ???????????

I said Douglas is a 6"1 SG...terrible match up.

Lawson is a 6" anyway, and he's a point guard.
Huge difference.

Hill hasn't done anything for you to be happy with....why are we drafting back ups???

This post is full of low expectations and failures.

Some Knick fans seriously need to wake up and see the big picture.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
8th Pick

As I recall, most posters liked Lawson but believed that he would reman on the board long after the 8th selection. He did last well beyond number 8, but it does not appear we made any effort to acquire him.

I believed that Curry, or anyone selected before him, would have been a good pick at 8. I did not anticipate that Golden State would take Curry, given that they had Ellis long term. I thought their likely pick was Hill.

Hill might turn out to be a good player, but we should not have picked him. We needed a point guard. Jennings, though perhaps risky, had a great potential upside

Just for the sake of analysis, let us assume that, knowing what we now know, we could do it over. I think our 8th pick would be Brandon Jennings and not Ty Lawson.

He has not yet revealed any diva eccentricities. In fact, I read that he drives a Ford Escape. Nobody in Milwaukee is complaining and he is playing like a young Allen Iverson.

I think the current trade value for Jennings is off the charts. Although Lawson has played well and looks like the real deal, his current trade value does not come close to Jennings'. As matters now stand, excusable or not, we blew this draft. We needed a point guard, and clearly we do not have one. I like Douglas. He is a great defender and a reasonably good, though small, shooting guard. But he does not appear to be a distributor who excels at managng an offensive flow.

I have a feeling that in time we will have Rubio. Unless we get LeBron, which I doubt, we have a couple more years before respectability.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I think we have to face the real facts - we're going to suck for quite a while.

We're going to be a lottery team this year and the Jazz have our first round pick. It seems like the only way out of this mess is to just tank it for the next 4-5 years and rebuild our team through the draft. With the way our team has been playing right now, we have no chance at attracting any big name free agents to be our new franchise player. It sucks, but that's what Isiah does to you, I suppose.