We drafted Jordan Hill over this man

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
If you want scoring, draft Jennings.
If you want scoring and PASSING, draft Lawson.

one part of me hates the cuda, shuda, wuda posts only cuz we cant go back in time and do things over, but the other part really just wants to blast the knicks for all the blunders that have been made via draft, free agency or trades....

and bout the post, i agree lawson is the better passing, but you make it seem like jennings and lawson are equal in scoring. thats where i got to disagree, i believe jennings will be the best pure scorer outta this draft. not saying lawson cant score i just believe jennings is better at that. jennings is also more flashy, but flashy doesnt always produce more wins. i like what lawson brings to the table, but ive seen more from jennings personally and i jst think hes gonna be starbury like(more speed, less strength) so i like him as a better prospect.

metrocard

Legend
Jennings can score obviously, but Lawson is just as athletic and fast and flashy as Jennings, be serious man, Lawson was the top PG out of his HS class and has been the best NCAA PG in his time there.

Just because Lawson has skill and PG IQ doesn't mean hes not flashy...

Lawson is Jennings with skill and PG ability.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Mad random stuff.

Iono man.

Hill seems a lot of like Chandler to me.
Raw with a low ceiling.
But its too early to doubt him on what he can do individually.

Fact is, drafting him over Lawson will always be a failure.
Lawson's contributions to the NBA will vastly has a more vital impact than Hill can ever have.
Point guards > Big men.

Mock drafts are mock drafts. Before the draft Hill wasn't even a first round pick. Similar to Frye who came out of no where and ended up in the lottery.

You need to do your research and realize how highly talented and a special prospect Rasheed Wallace was. Jordan Hill is no where near that class man.

Man have you played sports at all in your life?
Saying theres no stress for a rookie playing behind an all star PG....expectations and standards are HIGH, and its a first impression.
I just think you're trying to be stubborn.
Lets see you play in that position and see how stress free you are.

Lawson would be better off on a shit team like the Knicks where he can play more FREE as a starter.

Example is my man Carlos Arroyo.

Shit bench player, but a godly starter.

When he starts, he's more loose and isn't afraid to play without mistakes.
On the bench, he's more tense and caution of error. Its just a different role with a different mindset, especially at PG.

Rookie stats don't mean shit, right...

IONO, I just can't really **** with what you're talking about right now, it makes no sense. Hill as talented as Jordan? Lawson not ready to start on a NBA team, especially the Knicks?

My man is 5th on the team in scoring and almost has an assist to turnover ratio as good as Billups.

Paul, Lawson is an actually point guard who's efficient at scoring and don't waste opportunities or take bad shots.

Jennings and Curry are chuckers.

I REPEAT, not drafting Lawson will fail the Knicks for years to come.
I'm always right about these things.

BTW, just because Lawson is a rookie doesn't mean he can't start.

Look at Brandon Jennings and Tyreke Evans.

And Lawson is more experienced and skilled and NBA ready than both of those guys.

Hey New New....check this out for your flava.

The Bucks are 5-2
The Kings are 5-4

Both .500 teams, teams expected to finish below .500

Both lead by Rookie PG's, Jennings and Evans.

Its not about being a rookie, its about what you bring to the table.

Guys like Jennings, Evans, Lawson bring more to the table than bum ass starters like Duhon.

The new trend in the NBA is young PG's
Rose
Paul
Williams
Rondo
Westbrook
Brooks
Harris
Chalmers
Evans
Jennings
Lawson
Augustin
Stuckey
Lou Will
Conley
Barea
Maynor(starter now)
Collison(starter now)

Lawson could of been on this list.
But Knicks don't like to follow trends and remain on the bottom.
Now Lawson is liting it up in Denver to assist Denver on top of the West.

Huh?

When did I say Hill was as talented as Jordan? Or did you mean Wallace....in which case those words never left my mouth either! I made a comparison between rookie PF's who stuggled early into their rookie year in my comparison of Hill and Wallace. Washington got grief for drafting Wallace in front of eventual ROY PG Damon Stoudamire, the same way NY is catching Grief for selecting Hill over players who are better than him right now. So Wallace's skill level has nothing to do with nothing, just a history lesson is all I am giving!

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree on the pressure or lack there of on a player playing behind an All Star or being a full-time starter on a bad team in a major market.

About me playing backup to an All Star PG and caving under pressure.....I am not too sure where to go with that one....there is no logic to that point.

Again.....Hill will be better than what he has shown and about his "low ceiling" only time will tell

metrocard

Legend
The thing with Hill that upsets me is his whole demeanor and the way he carries himself.

I hate to judge people because I would hate it if someone judge me like that too, but as a professional, you gotta carry yourself better.

Hill just doesn't look interested in dominanting, just doing enough to get it in...if that makes sense.

I mean this is a 6"11 guy who can run the floor, has a jumpshot, skills and can rebound at a high rate.

Just his whole mental aproach to the game is mad noticeable.

IONO....i just dont know.
If it changes, thats great because he can be like Rasheed Wallace and surprise us.

ITS JUST SO HARD...I was dying for a point guard to be drafted, and we didn't get one.

SgtOrange

Benchwarmer
The thing with Hill that upsets me is his whole demeanor and the way he carries himself.

I hate to judge people because I would hate it if someone judge me like that too, but as a professional, you gotta carry yourself better.

Hill just doesn't look interested in dominanting, just doing enough to get it in...if that makes sense.

I mean this is a 6"11 guy who can run the floor, has a jumpshot, skills and can rebound at a high rate.

Just his whole mental aproach to the game is mad noticeable.

You're upset because he is humble and realizes he is playing in a jammed frontcourt? In every interview that's all I've seen of his "approach to the game", he realizes he needs to learn before he gets minutes.

metrocard

Legend
You're upset because he is humble and realizes he is playing in a jammed frontcourt? In every interview that's all I've seen of his "approach to the game", he realizes he needs to learn before he gets minutes.

He doesnt seem like he wants IT, though.

metrocard

Legend
and bout the post, i agree lawson is the better passing, but you make it seem like jennings and lawson are equal in scoring. thats where i got to disagree, i believe jennings will be the best pure scorer outta this draft. not saying lawson cant score i just believe jennings is better at that. jennings is also more flashy, but flashy doesnt always produce more wins. i like what lawson brings to the table, but ive seen more from jennings personally and i jst think hes gonna be starbury like(more speed, less strength) so i like him as a better prospect.

lol........

metrocard

Legend
lol...."stress free", seriously?

Lawson is a NCAA Champion and a proven leader, he could play with stress or without.

And coming off the bench, theres no room for error. You have to impress the team as a rookie. I don't know how being a NBA rookie, esecpailly a PG is "stress free", especially when the standard is Chauncey Billups. When your a starter, your job and position is already SET, you could make errors but the coach is still going to stick with you, look at D'Antoni and Duhon for example.

Lawson is going to be a top 5 PG in the NBA, mark my words...I wanted Rubio, if not Rubio, then Lawson.

I was telling people we had to draft Lawson at 8, and people said it was too high.

SMH.

391.gif