Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51

Thread: We drafted Jordan Hill over this man

  1. #31
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,485
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I don't think you can doubt the way Gallo has played, I think he's done a lot of things well...him and Douglas I feel like are the cores to build around...but the team still needs a game changer, ultimately they are second-fiddle type guys at best.
    True.... He has... Sparingly.... I know I'm burning up the cynicism here, but all the high end statements about carrying the team and being a leader etc. is/are being outweighed by inconsistent play + shooting. He's an easy read for opposing coaches I think.

    I dunno? Easy to hate when your record is worse only to the ****ing Nets.

  2. #32
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Lawson looks dirty...reminds me of Nate but better...i'd still pick Curry and Jennings over him.

  3. #33
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    Ok.....most of your reply was talking about how good Lawson is/will be, which is a point that I supported you on in my first reply. So dont see how I am "crying about anything"

    I am not saying Hill will be a better player than Lawson, but I am saying Hill will be a better player than what he is showing so far. Is he the 8th best rookie in the league after 10 games, no! But Charlie V. was better than Deron Williams after 10 games, Damon Stoudimire was better than Antonio McDyess after a full season and who had the better career.....think about it

    Plus rememeber a few years back when people were crying about us not drafting Marcus Williams after he had an impressive start to his rookie season...where is he now?.....I guess it is important for me to make sure you know that I am not comparing Williams to Lawson, I dont want 3000 word reply contrasting Lawson and Williams games! My point is...rookie stats mean jack

    Now Jr., true foolishness is not me hoping for the best out of the player we drafted, but rather sitting back and talking shouldve, couldve,wouldve.

    Lawson wasnt drafted by the Knicks
    Lawson is not a Knick
    And will never be a Knick

    Now the Rasheed Wallace comparison is totally accurate considering I am not comparing how they play, but rather the fact that Rasheed was a rookie PF who struggled at first too, get it? And for the record scouts consider Hill to be a "talented prospect" too. You act as if drafting Hill was like drafting a no name player like Balkman. Early Mock drafts had him as high as 4 or 5

    Also you still have not at all made sense of your argument that there is a lot of pressure on a backup PG who is playing behind an elite PG.....

    I mean could anyone really tell off he top of their head the backups for Chris Paul, Deron Williams,Jason Kidd, Nash, or even Nelson? No! because their role is minimal; come in play some spot minutes and try to weather the storm and not make too many blunders while the starting PG is sitting.....the ideal role for a rookie PG!

    Try Again on your points if you can.
    Mad random stuff.

    Iono man.

    Hill seems a lot of like Chandler to me.
    Raw with a low ceiling.
    But its too early to doubt him on what he can do individually.

    Fact is, drafting him over Lawson will always be a failure.
    Lawson's contributions to the NBA will vastly has a more vital impact than Hill can ever have.
    Point guards > Big men.

    Mock drafts are mock drafts. Before the draft Hill wasn't even a first round pick. Similar to Frye who came out of no where and ended up in the lottery.

    You need to do your research and realize how highly talented and a special prospect Rasheed Wallace was. Jordan Hill is no where near that class man.

    Man have you played sports at all in your life?
    Saying theres no stress for a rookie playing behind an all star PG....expectations and standards are HIGH, and its a first impression.
    I just think you're trying to be stubborn.
    Lets see you play in that position and see how stress free you are.

    Lawson would be better off on a **** team like the Knicks where he can play more FREE as a starter.

    Example is my man Carlos Arroyo.

    **** bench player, but a godly starter.

    When he starts, he's more loose and isn't afraid to play without mistakes.
    On the bench, he's more tense and caution of error. Its just a different role with a different mindset, especially at PG.

    Rookie stats don't mean ****, right...

    IONO, I just can't really **** with what you're talking about right now, it makes no sense. Hill as talented as Jordan? Lawson not ready to start on a NBA team, especially the Knicks?

    My man is 5th on the team in scoring and almost has an assist to turnover ratio as good as Billups.

    Paul, Lawson is an actually point guard who's efficient at scoring and don't waste opportunities or take bad shots.

    Jennings and Curry are chuckers.

    I REPEAT, not drafting Lawson will fail the Knicks for years to come.
    I'm always right about these things.


    BTW, just because Lawson is a rookie doesn't mean he can't start.

    Look at Brandon Jennings and Tyreke Evans.

    And Lawson is more experienced and skilled and NBA ready than both of those guys.

    Hey New New....check this out for your flava.

    The Bucks are 5-2
    The Kings are 5-4


    Both .500 teams, teams expected to finish below .500

    Both lead by Rookie PG's, Jennings and Evans.

    Its not about being a rookie, its about what you bring to the table.

    Guys like Jennings, Evans, Lawson bring more to the table than bum ass starters like Duhon.

    The new trend in the NBA is young PG's
    Rose
    Paul
    Williams
    Rondo
    Westbrook
    Brooks
    Harris
    Chalmers
    Evans
    Jennings
    Lawson
    Augustin
    Stuckey
    Lou Will
    Conley
    Barea
    Maynor(starter now)
    Collison(starter now)


    Lawson could of been on this list.
    But Knicks don't like to follow trends and remain on the bottom.
    Now Lawson is liting it up in Denver to assist Denver on top of the West.

  4. #34
    Superstar richtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Lawson is a 6'1" guard too, so you contradict yourself there. Secondly, I think we needed an interior presence and Blair not a great defender.

    I really think HIll will start to look better as the season progresses and if Curry plays at all, Hill will be open for 12-14 ft jumpers all year.

    David Lee is a nice player, but lets face it he isn't that good. All good power forwards help their teams win games but Lee is just a guy with good numbers.

    There is a reason no one wanted to pay for Lee because he isn't worth big money. Sure he gets a lot of offensive rebounds (with Knicks bricks) but that point of this is that I am happy with Jordan Hill so far and Douglas can be the perfect backup Point Guard for the next 7 years.

  5. #35
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by richtree
    Lawson is a 6'1" guard too, so you contradict yourself there. Secondly, I think we needed an interior presence and Blair not a great defender.

    I really think HIll will start to look better as the season progresses and if Curry plays at all, Hill will be open for 12-14 ft jumpers all year.

    David Lee is a nice player, but lets face it he isn't that good. All good power forwards help their teams win games but Lee is just a guy with good numbers.

    There is a reason no one wanted to pay for Lee because he isn't worth big money. Sure he gets a lot of offensive rebounds (with Knicks bricks) but that point of this is that I am happy with Jordan Hill so far and Douglas can be the perfect backup Point Guard for the next 7 years.

    ???????????????????????? what contradiction ???????????

    I said Douglas is a 6"1 SG...terrible match up.

    Lawson is a 6" anyway, and he's a point guard.
    Huge difference.

    Hill hasn't done anything for you to be happy with....why are we drafting back ups???

    This post is full of low expectations and failures.

    Some Knick fans seriously need to wake up and see the big picture.

  6. #36
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Lawson is like 5'11" according to the article I read about him recently...

    Just putting it out there...

  7. #37
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Its hard to question his height when he did what he did in that video in the first post.

  8. #38
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    683
    Rep Power
    10

    Default 8th Pick

    As I recall, most posters liked Lawson but believed that he would reman on the board long after the 8th selection. He did last well beyond number 8, but it does not appear we made any effort to acquire him.

    I believed that Curry, or anyone selected before him, would have been a good pick at 8. I did not anticipate that Golden State would take Curry, given that they had Ellis long term. I thought their likely pick was Hill.

    Hill might turn out to be a good player, but we should not have picked him. We needed a point guard. Jennings, though perhaps risky, had a great potential upside

    Just for the sake of analysis, let us assume that, knowing what we now know, we could do it over. I think our 8th pick would be Brandon Jennings and not Ty Lawson.

    He has not yet revealed any diva eccentricities. In fact, I read that he drives a Ford Escape. Nobody in Milwaukee is complaining and he is playing like a young Allen Iverson.

    I think the current trade value for Jennings is off the charts. Although Lawson has played well and looks like the real deal, his current trade value does not come close to Jennings'. As matters now stand, excusable or not, we blew this draft. We needed a point guard, and clearly we do not have one. I like Douglas. He is a great defender and a reasonably good, though small, shooting guard. But he does not appear to be a distributor who excels at managng an offensive flow.

    I have a feeling that in time we will have Rubio. Unless we get LeBron, which I doubt, we have a couple more years before respectability.

  9. #39
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    If you want scoring, draft Jennings.
    If you want scoring and PASSING, draft Lawson.

  10. #40
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I think we have to face the real facts - we're going to suck for quite a while.

    We're going to be a lottery team this year and the Jazz have our first round pick. It seems like the only way out of this mess is to just tank it for the next 4-5 years and rebuild our team through the draft. With the way our team has been playing right now, we have no chance at attracting any big name free agents to be our new franchise player. It sucks, but that's what Isiah does to you, I suppose.

  11. #41
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    If you want scoring, draft Jennings.
    If you want scoring and PASSING, draft Lawson.
    one part of me hates the cuda, shuda, wuda posts only cuz we cant go back in time and do things over, but the other part really just wants to blast the knicks for all the blunders that have been made via draft, free agency or trades....

    and bout the post, i agree lawson is the better passing, but you make it seem like jennings and lawson are equal in scoring. thats where i got to disagree, i believe jennings will be the best pure scorer outta this draft. not saying lawson cant score i just believe jennings is better at that. jennings is also more flashy, but flashy doesnt always produce more wins. i like what lawson brings to the table, but ive seen more from jennings personally and i jst think hes gonna be starbury like(more speed, less strength) so i like him as a better prospect.

  12. #42
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Jennings can score obviously, but Lawson is just as athletic and fast and flashy as Jennings, be serious man, Lawson was the top PG out of his HS class and has been the best NCAA PG in his time there.

    Just because Lawson has skill and PG IQ doesn't mean hes not flashy...

    Lawson is Jennings with skill and PG ability.

  13. #43
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Mad random stuff.

    Iono man.

    Hill seems a lot of like Chandler to me.
    Raw with a low ceiling.
    But its too early to doubt him on what he can do individually.

    Fact is, drafting him over Lawson will always be a failure.
    Lawson's contributions to the NBA will vastly has a more vital impact than Hill can ever have.
    Point guards > Big men.

    Mock drafts are mock drafts. Before the draft Hill wasn't even a first round pick. Similar to Frye who came out of no where and ended up in the lottery.

    You need to do your research and realize how highly talented and a special prospect Rasheed Wallace was. Jordan Hill is no where near that class man.

    Man have you played sports at all in your life?
    Saying theres no stress for a rookie playing behind an all star PG....expectations and standards are HIGH, and its a first impression.
    I just think you're trying to be stubborn.
    Lets see you play in that position and see how stress free you are.

    Lawson would be better off on a **** team like the Knicks where he can play more FREE as a starter.

    Example is my man Carlos Arroyo.

    **** bench player, but a godly starter.

    When he starts, he's more loose and isn't afraid to play without mistakes.
    On the bench, he's more tense and caution of error. Its just a different role with a different mindset, especially at PG.

    Rookie stats don't mean ****, right...

    IONO, I just can't really **** with what you're talking about right now, it makes no sense. Hill as talented as Jordan? Lawson not ready to start on a NBA team, especially the Knicks?

    My man is 5th on the team in scoring and almost has an assist to turnover ratio as good as Billups.

    Paul, Lawson is an actually point guard who's efficient at scoring and don't waste opportunities or take bad shots.

    Jennings and Curry are chuckers.

    I REPEAT, not drafting Lawson will fail the Knicks for years to come.
    I'm always right about these things.


    BTW, just because Lawson is a rookie doesn't mean he can't start.

    Look at Brandon Jennings and Tyreke Evans.

    And Lawson is more experienced and skilled and NBA ready than both of those guys.

    Hey New New....check this out for your flava.

    The Bucks are 5-2
    The Kings are 5-4


    Both .500 teams, teams expected to finish below .500

    Both lead by Rookie PG's, Jennings and Evans.

    Its not about being a rookie, its about what you bring to the table.

    Guys like Jennings, Evans, Lawson bring more to the table than bum ass starters like Duhon.

    The new trend in the NBA is young PG's
    Rose
    Paul
    Williams
    Rondo
    Westbrook
    Brooks
    Harris
    Chalmers
    Evans
    Jennings
    Lawson
    Augustin
    Stuckey
    Lou Will
    Conley
    Barea
    Maynor(starter now)
    Collison(starter now)


    Lawson could of been on this list.
    But Knicks don't like to follow trends and remain on the bottom.
    Now Lawson is liting it up in Denver to assist Denver on top of the West.
    Huh?

    When did I say Hill was as talented as Jordan? Or did you mean Wallace....in which case those words never left my mouth either! I made a comparison between rookie PF's who stuggled early into their rookie year in my comparison of Hill and Wallace. Washington got grief for drafting Wallace in front of eventual ROY PG Damon Stoudamire, the same way NY is catching Grief for selecting Hill over players who are better than him right now. So Wallace's skill level has nothing to do with nothing, just a history lesson is all I am giving!


    I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree on the pressure or lack there of on a player playing behind an All Star or being a full-time starter on a bad team in a major market.

    About me playing backup to an All Star PG and caving under pressure.....I am not too sure where to go with that one....there is no logic to that point.


    Again.....Hill will be better than what he has shown and about his "low ceiling" only time will tell

  14. #44
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The thing with Hill that upsets me is his whole demeanor and the way he carries himself.

    I hate to judge people because I would hate it if someone judge me like that too, but as a professional, you gotta carry yourself better.

    Hill just doesn't look interested in dominanting, just doing enough to get it in...if that makes sense.

    I mean this is a 6"11 guy who can run the floor, has a jumpshot, skills and can rebound at a high rate.

    Just his whole mental aproach to the game is mad noticeable.

    IONO....i just dont know.
    If it changes, thats great because he can be like Rasheed Wallace and surprise us.

    ITS JUST SO HARD...I was dying for a point guard to be drafted, and we didn't get one.

  15. #45
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    I was dying for a point guard to be drafted, and we didn't get one.
    Yep...That about sums it up for me as well.

Similar Threads

  1. Official Jordan Hill Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: Jan 22, 2014, 16:32
  2. Stephen Curry vs Jordan Hill
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Oct 16, 2009, 16:44
  3. Jordan Hill = Taller Balkman!
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: Jul 11, 2009, 10:35
  4. Replies: 29
    Last Post: Jul 03, 2009, 09:43
  5. Knicks Covet Jordan Hill
    By Scribbles in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: Jun 23, 2009, 20:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •