LeBron to wear to #6 in 2010

jpz17

Starter
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...itch-jersey-numbers-out-of-res?urn=nba,202372

Out of respect for the greatest basketball player of all-time ? and/or in an effort to increase merchandising sales ? Cavaliers star LeBron James says he will trade in his No. 23 uniform number for No. 6 after this season.LeBron made the comments following Thursday night's win in Miami. Jordan, as you might have guessed, was in attendance to subtly remind the world about his new 25th anniversary sneakers. Do these guys have timing or what?
"I just think what Michael Jordan has done for the game has to be recognized some way soon," James said. "There would be no LeBron James(notes), no Kobe Bryant(notes), no Dwyane Wade(notes) if there wasn't Michael Jordan first.
"He can't get the logo, and if he can't, something has to be done. I feel like no NBA player should wear 23. I'm starting a petition, and I've got to get everyone in the NBA to sign it. Now, if I'm not going to wear No. 23, then nobody else should be able to wear it."
It shouldn't take much for James to convince his peers. With an assist from Basketball-Reference, Tom Ziller at the FanHouse culls the names of players currently wearing No. 23 in the league. The list:
Devin Brown(notes), Marcus Camby(notes), Toney Douglas(notes) (who has the gall to wear it in New York! New York!), Stephen Graham(notes), Kevin Martin(notes), Wes Matthews, Jodie Meeks(notes), Jason Richardson(notes), C.J. Watson(notes), Martell Webster(notes) and Louis Williams(notes).
Stars switching numbers is hardly unprecedented in the NBA. In 2006, Kobe Bryant switched his No. 8 for No. 24 and sold a few zillion jerseys in the process. When Jordan came out of his first retirement, after the Bulls had sent No. 23 to the rafters, he wore No. 45 for 22 games before switching back.
Why No. 6? Well, LeBron has his reasons. The No. 6 was James' Olympic number, Julius Erving, who rocked it, is second-favorite player ever, and LBJ's first child was born on Oct. 6; his second in June (the sixth month).
That's right; LeBron James, numerologist.

ANU

Starter
this dude is an epic tool.what a dick head.its like he's trying to act like jordan was the jackie robinson of basketball, when bill russell, WHO HAPPENED TO HAVE WORN THE NUMBER HE PLANS TO WEAR is more jackie robinson than jordan's corporate ass ever thought of being.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Just a marketing tool to cause controversy so he can sell his jersey.

Is this a sign he's staying in Cleveland? Because if he went to another team, he'd be the top selling jersey regardless. But if he's with CLE...not so much.

Damn.... :boohoo:

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Now this idiot of Lebron is acting like he's bigger than the game and commissioner. He should just shit to **** off for at least a year. Who gives a **** what he thinks. Same thing I thought when the punk of David Ortiz was analyzing steroids issues all over spring training this year. The to find himself being a steroid user himself. This is getting ridiculous with athletes taking too much of a grand stand on matters that they got power over.

Sage

Rotation player
Pat Riley once said every franchise should retire the number 23 so that no one could wear it again. By comparison this isn't as toolish.

Jordan was the greatest ever, but no one should be bigger than the game.

Paul1355

All Star
Too much respect for MJ

I hope this doesn't happen.People need to get off Jordan's nuts.
seriously..and the greatest ever? I'd still pick Wilt Chamberlain in his prime over Jordan in his prime. Jordan wouldn't be able to get near the paint without getting stuffed or knocked on his ass.

nk11

Benchwarmer
mj was amazing once, i remember loving him back in the day, now hes just a fat, annoyingly cocky old dude in a club somewhere with the oakman...

michael_jordan21.jpg