Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charles Oakley slams Knicks defense

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

this dude is so right! will we ever learn and sign him to teach these guys some defense??

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    D'Antoni sucks. He is way too much a players coach, I can see him in the huddle when he sees a guy miss a defensive assignment, he'll give him a pat on the back and say "You'll get it". JVG would chew these guys a new a-hole and use a few choice 4 letter words to get his point across.
    This is a brilliant post. But to me change has to start at the top. The only thing that makes sense to me is Walsh told Dolan to forget about the next two seasons and wait for 2010. Many of us actually patted Walsh on the back for trading our two best players. What did we think the outcome would be? Everyone with half a brain knows the Knicks haven't played good defense in years. Thomas created a ****ty knock off of the Suns so we got the real thing hoping for a better outcome? Well now we see the outcome and it didn't work. Unless D'Antoni has three all-stars he is completely useless as a coach. I'm calling it now. We won't get any 'real' all star next season other than Amare or Joe Johnson, the team wont be all that competitive and we'll be looking for a new coach come 2012.

Originally Posted by donchris
    This is a brilliant post. But to me change has to start at the top. The only thing that makes sense to me is Walsh told Dolan to forget about the next two seasons and wait for 2010. Many of us actually patted Walsh on the back for trading our two best players. What did we think the outcome would be? Everyone with half a brain knows the Knicks haven't played good defense in years. Thomas created a ****ty knock off of the Suns so we got the real thing hoping for a better outcome? Well now we see the outcome and it didn't work. Unless D'Antoni has three all-stars he is completely useless as a coach. I'm calling it now. We won't get any 'real' all star next season other than Amare or Joe Johnson, the team wont be all that competitive and we'll be looking for a new coach come 2012.
    Thomas created a knockoff of the Sun?

REally?

Didn't realize the suns played a half court game that relied on isolation play.

Default 9 player strategy is a bad strategy

Originally Posted by donchris
    I hope your wrong, but I honestly think we are a very good team if we got Amare and Joe Johnson...also take into account that all stars would excel in Mike D's system were bad players don't because they throw up bricks. Players with talent and skill like Johnson/ Amare can take over with their confidence. We don't have talent or skill on this team, none that is an impact atleast.

Mike D has been on my bad side this year because he has made so many questionable moves starting with his rotations. A 9 player team is the wrong strategy with a team were anyone can be a starter. You need to play everybody in every situation so you know exactly who to play. Mike D is playing bums like Duhon/Jeffries too much and not giving Hill and Douglas enough minutes.

I do wish we had a coach with more fire in him and more strategy than just using some old strategy that has not worked since he got here in NY. Seriously he honestly thinks his 7 second offense will eventually get the Knicks to the payoffs, even with these players. It's false hope untill 2010.