Lee & N8: Are They Tradeable?

Multiple Choice: Choose the 2 Knicks You'd keep.

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
It's that time, we're at the start of the season, players are getting shipped to new teams. As done by NY last year trading ZBo and Crawful ( Still the best move by management in the last year or so )

My question is, with these incredibly specific contracts is there any clause that voids a trade for either N8 or Lee during the season? Or is there any kind of glitch that'd work to our advantage or disadvantage in a trade scenario?

I can see Lee getting the boot in a trade to a playoff bound team.
Wouldn't bother me a ****ing infinitesimal bit to lose him really. He won't make a difference to our seasons outcome. He's not good enough to turn a team around, and if defense is the issue, god knows he's a frigging culprit in that qualm.

As far as N8 goes, ??????, does anybody even want anything to do with him? I can't manifest any sort of trade situation for him at all.

After a franchise worse start,the season's basically doomed with no upcoming draft pick, so let's get what we can while we can IF WE CAN?

The question still remains.

Is it possible to trade N8 or Lee? Could be the only way to drop Fats + Jeffries and/or get a decent pick in the draft this off-season. That'd be tasty.

:smokin:

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
If we can....I woud love us to trade Lee, Nate, and Harrington....if we can get back a PG who can deal (like we already should have gotten in offseason/draft) and pawn off Curry/Jeffries....

LJ4ptplay

Starter
My question is, with these incredibly specific contracts is there any clause that voids a trade for either N8 or Lee during the season? Or is there any kind of glitch that'd work to our advantage or disadvantage in a trade scenario?

Nate and Lee both have player veto power in their contracts. They would have to give consent for a trade. Both players cannot be traded until Dec 22 because they recently signed contracts.

I guess the only good thing about losing right now is that Nate and Lee would probably accept a trade to a playoff team and get the hell out of NY.

Portland and Chicago are teams that come to mind.

Nate + Lee + Jeffries to Chicago for Kirk Hinrich and Tyrus Thomas?

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
Right now I'd have to say Gallo and Douglas, but I wouldn't be so quick to exclude Hill until we see more.

I'm thinking that if Hill looks like the PF of the future by year end we trade Lee for a solid SG or use him to trade Jeffries or Curry for an expiring contract. That would give us the room to sign a max player and another very good one.

PG - Douglas
SG - Player from Lee trade or Solid free agent player via Lee trade
SF - Gallo
PF/C - Hill
PF/C - Max free agent

So without even getting Lebron/Wade, next year looks pretty good.

mafra

Legend
Maybe we deal N8 to the Lakers for Jordan Farmar or Josh Powell?

David Lee for Kirk Heinrich or Tyrus Thomas?

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Can somebody please answer the question.

Can Lee or Nate be traded under their current contracts?

I think it's been posted before few times.

Yes they can be traded but they have veto power.

That means they have to agree to the trade.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Riiiiiiiiggghhhhhttt....

OK, well that puts a whole new spin on things. It'd be pretty daunting to get both a one year deal as well as be traded in the same season without any future certainty.

Hmmmmmmm....

Paul1355

All Star
Lee and Nate can kill MIke D and they won't be traded...no one really wants them in the first place. Portland wanted Lee but asked for too much in the rest of the trade and Nate did not get any offers in the offseason.

Let them play their last year and say goodbye.

We need a whole new team.

Keep Gallo, Douglas, Hill, and Hughes for cheap...he can be a solid backup SG.

Everyone else should be traded or put in free agency.

Then we get Joe Johnson, a shotblocking center, and a couple of sharp shooters to chuck up three's and make the shots instead of our horrible three point shooters we have now. Might as well get players that would be "perfect" in MIke D's system...yea that is sharp shooters with athleticism.

Kiyaman

Legend
I think it's been posted before few times.

Yes they can be traded but they have veto power.

That means they have to agree to the trade.

And if they agree to be traded.....without Lee or Nate the Knicks become a 16 win season team, inwhich FA would stay far away from signing with the Knicks like they did the Chicago Bulls low salary-cap when Jordan & coach Phil Jackson crew left in the same year.

Pet player coach Dantoni who never express defense, and dont have any plan other than outscoring an oponent already turned and pissed-off the majority of Knick-players from his silly decision making of "Starters & Finishers" and DNP certain players for his personal reason which have other players not giving any effort on the court.
And we thought no body could be worst than Isiah's coaching.....or Isiah's trading player for player (add Walsh too).

Paul1355

All Star
And if they agree to be traded.....without Lee or Nate the Knicks become a 16 win season team, inwhich FA would stay far away from signing with the Knicks like they did the Chicago Bulls low salary-cap when Jordan & coach Phil Jackson crew left in the same year.

Pet player coach Dantoni who never express defense, and dont have any plan other than outscoring an oponent already turned and pissed-off the majority of Knick-players from his silly decision making of "Starters & Finishers" and DNP certain players for his personal reason which have other players not giving any effort on the court.
And we thought no body could be worst than Isiah's coaching.....or Isiah's trading player for player (add Walsh too).
Nate has brought nothing this year and looks like Chandler with looking like he down graded his ability to score.

Lee's pathetic defense has cost us more games than anything else. Lee can score 25 points and have 10 rebounds but he can honestly give up a good 40 points in the paint. Overall I think Lee is over rated. He is a good rebounding, hustling PF who can score above average. There are many other PF's in the league who can rebound, hustle, score in the paint and actually play aggressive defense. Lee's defense is horrible.

Kiyaman

Legend
Nate has brought nothing this year and looks like Chandler with looking like he down graded his ability to score.

Lee's pathetic defense has cost us more games than anything else. Lee can score 25 points and have 10 rebounds but he can honestly give up a good 40 points in the paint. Overall I think Lee is over rated. He is a good rebounding, hustling PF who can score above average. There are many other PF's in the league who can rebound, hustle, score in the paint and actually play aggressive defense. Lee's defense is horrible.

I have to agree with u that Lee, Chandler, and Nate have only been adding 35% of their effort this season. But their is so many reasons why they would perform like this early in the season when it comes down to Donnie Walsh 2010 Plan of dumping salaries for the 2010 offseason.
And coach Dantoni's switching starting lineups and not having a finishing lineup plan has not been helping anything.
However, Lee, Chandler, and Nate will be playing at full potential when midseason arrive....no matter the trade deadline (all 3 are complimentary team players).

Paul1355

All Star
I have to agree with u that Lee, Chandler, and Nate have only been adding 35% of their effort this season. But their is so many reasons why they would perform like this early in the season when it comes down to Donnie Walsh 2010 Plan of dumping salaries for the 2010 offseason.
And coach Dantoni's switching starting lineups and not having a finishing lineup plan has not been helping anything.
However, Lee, Chandler, and Nate will be playing at full potential when midseason arrive....no matter the trade deadline (all 3 are complimentary team players).
last year those 3 were very good and could work in any trade scenerio, as of right now only Chandler would be interesting to a team.

I hope your right and agree that they should get out of their funks midseason.

You think their inability to make shots, play smarter, and play defense is because of the negative mental aspect that Donnie has created? Possible, never looked at it that way. Chandler has a team option so he really has no excuse because he will be back on this team, but I like seeing Chandler drive to the basket more which is what he has been doing.

Chandler being so young is a huge positive because it might take him a few years to really know his game, like Trevor Ariza was and is now.

TunerAddict

Starter
Nate Robinson never has, nor will he ever be a TEAM player. He comes first everytime he is on the court as shown by his play.

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
Long time to playoffs

Maybe we deal N8 to the Lakers for Jordan Farmar or Josh Powell?

David Lee for Kirk Heinrich or Tyrus Thomas?

Keep Lee, plays big for 6'9", great fundamentals. Need a 7 footer though, good old one would help. Get Hughes and Harrington out there more teaching the youngsters. Sure, they are not part of the future, but these rookies are way too green and D'Antonio experimenting with them in the first 10 games was foolish and a moral buster, plus leaving Duhon play 30 plus minutes every game to get out of his funk. Going to be a long time for this team to get back to the playoffs. Hughes instrumental in all three wins, best point guard on the team and best defensive guard, even at 30 years old and a dozen years in the league. Nothing to trade though. Lebron is not coming here, Hughes and him went to the finals four years ago, but nobody wants to share the floor with Lebron, no touches and the league is too much "me". Galo has a bad back and many teams are scared of that at his age. Play the rookies after the all star weekend, they should have learned the game by then. Thomas broken arm, Heinrich took Chicago no where for 4 years already. Hughes is better than Heinrich, but he will be a Wizard next year.

Kiyaman

Legend
Nate, Chandler, and Lee performance vs Boston

last year those 3 were very good and could work in any trade scenerio, as of right now only Chandler would be interesting to a team.

I hope your right and agree that they should get out of their funks midseason.

You think their inability to make shots, play smarter, and play defense is because of the negative mental aspect that Donnie has created? Possible, never looked at it that way. Chandler has a team option so he really has no excuse because he will be back on this team, but I like seeing Chandler drive to the basket more which is what he has been doing.

Chandler being so young is a huge positive because it might take him a few years to really know his game, like Trevor Ariza was and is now.

If u watched the Knicks vs Boston game at MSG, u seen what I mean about how high the value of performance Nate, Chandler, and Lee could give u on a nightly basis from their complimentary team play.

Nate had to be Nate and turn up the volumn for the foolishness he did in yesterday game vs the Nets, so his agression on defense put a hold on Rondo & House.
Chandler have not been working on his offensive game all season but his defensive pressure on Ray, Pierce, and KG, showed he wanted to win this game.
Lee knew he had little help in the paint so he used his weight and speed on Perkins, Rasheed, KG, and Scalibrine to get his 20-15 stat for the game.

I dont know what got into Larry Hughes, once being one of the top-3 defensive guards in the league is back and spreading to his Knick teammates.
I only had one problem with Hughes in the Boston game and that was him not telling Dantoni to take him out of the game we were on offense during crunchtime and overtime.
Coach Dantoni was never good or known for switching players on offense/defense in crunchtime (big failure with beating the Spurs) however, he did switch Gallo for offense and Chandler for defense (great move), but not Nate and Hughes (maybe b/c Nate foolishness is hard to forget).

Turner.....Nate Robinson is one of the top weapons a team could have coming off the bench with some fresh running legs coming off the bench with him at the end of the first-quarter and third quarter.
Alot of these Knick Players can not be very happy with the idea of Gallo being a "starter" with 5 to 6 players in the rotation having ending contracts.
And I'm sure alot of Knick-players do not accept the steady DNP on our "defensive-potential" PF lottery pick Jordan Hill, whom should've been receiving 8 to 18 minutes of playingtime at the start of the season to get familiar to the NBA level of performance while teammates & NBA oponents help him rid the flaws of the switch from college to NBA.
Every Knick-Player knows that our roster is full at capacity with "natural-SF" from SF-Jefferies, SF-Chandler, SF-Gallo, and SF-Harrington, whom are "no" low post threat at scoring, rebounding, shotblocking, or defending the paint area.
I am not crazy about president Donnie Walsh but the duties above needed to be answered above anything else for this Knick team (incase some team challenge him for David Lee this offseason), and is the main reason why he selected "Jordan Hill" with our lottery pick above any other player.
Coach Dantoni may not have approved of Walsh draft selection and had someone else he wanted (Jennings)......but that is not a reason to deny the development of a "defensive-potential" PF-Jordan Hill the chance to switch his college talents to the NBA level of B-Ball, when the team is in need of a low-post PF or center, which showcasing SF-Jefferies at the PF position led to a 1-9 start.
We watch coach Isiah Thomas DNP rookie SF-Wilson Chandler by giving all the SF playingtime to awful Q.Richardson (34 mpg that season).

Headcoach Dantoni has made to many players uncomfortable with his decision making, especially when u have 6 players in your rotation with ending contracts...