Allen Iverson + Stephon Marbury = 2010 KNICKS Backcourt

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Greatest back court of all-time. Probably would be worth around 6 million dollars.

We could make this happen, and here's how:

Step 1: sign iverson in the next couple of days.

Step 2: Fire d'antoni.

Step 3: sign marbury.

Our line-up for 2010:

PG-Starbury
SG-Iverson
SF-Gallo
PF-Bosh/Amare
C-Darko

We sign the two guards for 2 years a piece. Fukk lebron. Get dwight howard.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
... not even a funny joke.... sad thing is though mr stephon crybaby could still do better than chris duhorrible. still i want him no where near msg.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Marbury + Iverson = Marbury + Francis 2.0

Marbury would probably make another crying video if someone like Iverson, with a bigger ego than his,had a locker right next to his.
Eddy Curry would never improve his game if he had to share the same court with those two.And you really think Walsh is going to bring back Marbury so that D'antoni could have him on the inactive roster again? I wouldn't mind using Iverson as a 6 month rental but I think Marbury's NBA days have been over for quite a while.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
yea the only likely scenario is the first one you listed...and the second is a possibility if we win 10 games this year...everything else you should pretend you never typed.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
nuclear-explosion.jpg

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Marbury + Iverson = Marbury + Francis 2.0

Marbury would probably make another crying video if someone like Iverson, with a bigger ego than his,had a locker right next to his.
Eddy Curry would never improve his game if he had to share the same court with those two.And you really think Walsh is going to bring back Marbury so that D'antoni could have him on the inactive roster again? I wouldn't mind using Iverson as a 6 month rental but I think Marbury's NBA days have been over for quite a while.

How can you compare a first ballot hall of famer like iverson to a prima donna like francis??? Francis was a bitch since his rookie year(asking for a trade before even playing a pro game.) On the other hand, Iverson single-handedly took the sixers to a finals appearance and won so many awards throughout his career.

d'antoni would not put marbury on inactive because in my scenario, he would not be coach by the time we sign marbury.

As for eddy curry, I don't really give a shit about him.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Ok so basically everyone is against the iverson + marbury tandem.

But before fully dismissing this idea, there are a couple of points to consider:

1- iverson + marbury together would only cost us about 6-8 million a year.

2- no more wack ass duhon. Iverson would take over this year, marbury the next.

3- both iverson + marbury can take it to the basket effortlessly. Gallo + company would have open jumpers all day.

4- Iverson + marbury together would combine for 14 assists a game (career numbers.) They certainly would help this team become more fluid on offense.

Marbury would also be the best point guard available (at good value) by next year, so I would be cool with the acquisition. It would also mean that d'antoni would not be coach next year because marbury wouldn't co-exist with him.

KBlack25

Starter
But before fully dismissing this idea, there are a couple of points to consider:

4- Iverson + marbury together would combine for 14 assists a game (career numbers.) They certainly would help this team become more fluid on offense.

#4 is not really a "point to consider", more like a base-less estimation with no grounding in the factual world.

I've had enough of these headcase players, Marbury was enough. I don't want Iverson either. Why can't we just get normal guys who go out and play basketball and are not negative distractions off the floor?

Paul1355

All Star
Ok so basically everyone is against the iverson + marbury tandem.

1- iverson + marbury together would only cost us about 6-8 million a year.

2- no more wack ass duhon. Iverson would take over this year, marbury the next.

3- both iverson + marbury can take it to the basket effortlessly. Gallo + company would have open jumpers all day.

Marbury would also be the best point guard available (at good value) by next year, so I would be cool with the acquisition. It would also mean that d'antoni would not be coach next year because marbury wouldn't co-exist with him.
You would have two of the most selfish egotistic back court players in the past 10 years and actually pay 6-8 million for it?

I like Iverson but the combo with Marbury sounds like an Atomic bomb waiting to happen. Great scorers dont always gel together and this never would.

johnstarky

Rotation player
How can you compare a first ballot hall of famer like iverson to a prima donna like francis??? Francis was a bitch since his rookie year(asking for a trade before even playing a pro game.) On the other hand, Iverson single-handedly took the sixers to a finals appearance and won so many awards throughout his career.

d'antoni would not put marbury on inactive because in my scenario, he would not be coach by the time we sign marbury.

As for eddy curry, I don't really give a shit about him.

I was not comparing Francis' NBA career to Iverson's.The point I was trying to make was that having Iverson and Marbury on the same team would be like trying to mix oil with water just like what Isiah Thomas tried to do with Marbury and Francis a few seasons ago.Although both of them are very talented players neither Iverson or Marbury have been able to win with another superstar playing along side them throughout their 13 year careers.What makes you think that if both of them come to the Knicks they will learn how to play next to each other in just a couple of months?

What makes you think that D'antoni will be fired soon? Do you think that Walsh is going to fire a guy that gives the Knick organization a good chance at attracting future free agents? And if the Knicks were to get Marbury and Iverson and were to fire D'antoni could you name a replacement coach that would keep Iverson and Marbury's egos in check and at the same time make the Knicks a playoff team?

I think that every Knick fan should move on already when it comes to Marbury.I know that he was a personal favorite of many but things weren't meant to be for him and the Knicks.The Marbury and Knick marriage was over since the day that Donnie Walsh was hired as Knick president.Let's just leave Marbury in the past where he belongs along with Isiah Thomas and Scott Layden.

As a Knick fan you should be concerned with Eddy Curry's development.Looking at the smaller picture isn't what we should be doing right now.The Knicks need Curry to have one of the most productive seasons of his career in order for them to trade him and dump his salary.Having Marbury and Iverson playing on the same court as Curry would most likely slow down his game.Could you imagine the Knicks going into next season with Curry and Marbury instead of any of the top 2010 free agents? That would be a sign of this organization having no progression what so ever under Donnie Walsh.Knick management needs to find a way to rebuild this franchise and not repeat the same transgressions of their predecessors.

Last edited: