Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my opinion about the knicks and the future.

Originally Posted by mafra
    According to lore, the only reason the KNICKS got Ewing was b/c Stern rigged the draft lottery. How does that make you feel about the PE era?

Earl Monroe & Charles Oakley were both brought in via trades (without either piece neither era's are quite as asuccessful as they turned out to be).

Hye, I grew up watching Rory Sparrow and Benard Kind. I went bonkers when we finally drafted PGs that could play (Mark Jackson & Rod Strickland).

Right about now, in this age of free agenecy, I could care less how we become relevant. As someone cited above (look at BOS). NO matter who we gte, our future success depends on Gallo, Hill & Douglas anyway. They must be big parts of something, or else we are doomed for more of nothing.
    Don't forget Dave DeBuscherre was also brought in via a trade.

Superstar

Knicks don't have a future...i just watched a highlight clip of Ersan Illyasova on the Bucks....he's better than Danilo Gallinari........Except pure shooting he is a more complete player...and light years ahead of Danilo in terms of D.

and they got him in the 2nd round.

"... difference in your opinion between "buying" a franchise player or acquiring one through draft/trade? would it make you fell like less of a true fan if we "bought" one?i know i would. i believe that the term "true" is a better adjective when describing the knicks history and tradition, as opposed to the yankees." - ANU*ZZZzz ehh.... Rivera, Jeter, Pettite, Posada, Hughes, Joba, etc... all "home grown" talent, tenures over ten plus years. Sports is a business 1st! "True" fans root for the Jersey not the Player. Doesn't matter how they're acquired. Success isn't determined by draft picks only, a successful team takes adv. of all opportunities. Using the Yankees as your example = FAILURE! Good bye... P.S. its been so long, I doubt any Knick fan would mind a championship. What the team does in the off season /reg sea. doesn't matter- Winning does- beggers can't be choosers!

Originally Posted by Red
    "... difference in your opinion between "buying" a franchise player or acquiring one through draft/trade? would it make you fell like less of a true fan if we "bought" one?i know i would. i believe that the term "true" is a better adjective when describing the knicks history and tradition, as opposed to the yankees." - ANU*ZZZzz ehh.... Rivera, Jeter, Pettite, Posada, Hughes, Joba, etc... all "home grown" talent, tenures over ten plus years. Sports is a business 1st! "True" fans root for the Jersey not the Player. Doesn't matter how they're acquired. Success isn't determined by draft picks only, a successful team takes adv. of all opportunities. Using the Yankees as your example = FAILURE! Good bye... P.S. its been so long, I doubt any Knick fan would mind a championship. What the team does in the off season /reg sea. doesn't matter- Winning does- beggers can't be choosers!
    true fans root for the jersey not the player, yet you have lebron and wade in your sig.lol.you lose.

you're a true fan all right.secondly, all the important pieces in yankees run the last 15 years have come up through the minor league system with the exception of sabathia and a roid.you lose again.

your post was an utter fail.

maybe you should delete this one too and try again.

Originally Posted by ANU
    true fans root for the jersey not the player, yet you have lebron and wade in your sig.lol.you lose.

you're a true fan all right.secondly, all the important pieces in yankees run the last 15 years have come up through the minor league system with the exception of sabathia and a roid.you lose again.

your post was an utter fail.

maybe you should delete this one too and try again.
    Ahhh why must you force my hand? (you were offended I didn't agree w/ you) FYI... Wade and Lebron were in my sig (not b/c i'm a fan moron) but were next to a message saying: "You can't hit every shot- but u are guarenteed to miss all the ones u don't take"- it was symbollic of what we are trying to accomplish- hello! (that sound was the plane u missed over your head). Furthermore I have NEVER rooted for, watched (unless -vs NYK's) played with, read articles, bought gear etc.... of ANY other team than the NYK's. But moreso.... "All the important Yanks in 15 years were minorleagures..." is debatable at best, would you like to debate it? Anywhooo Baseball is different in that aspect so whatever, I thought the POINT was u wouldn't feel it was "True" if we win AFTER acquiring free agents- which inherently is a NORMAL part of doing business- is ridiculous. I could give a f*ck about LBJ Wade or whoever... I just feel IF they are "the best" (not my opinion) then WE deserve them! Don't you think so? or will getting LBJ or Wade and WINNING a championship not be enough for you because the starting 5 wasn't drafted by us? SMH...
    Last edited by Red; Nov 25, 2009 at 14:41.

lol.forced your hand? you're nobody.**** outta here.my post was about how i feel.i don't care if you agree or disagree.should i feel good about our team "buying" a championship? I'm not gonna lie to myself.I won't.you can do that if you want.i personally don't give a **** if you do or don't.

all i know is ain't no free agent worth the max coming here.bosh is probably gonna go to chicago or miami.everybody else has it better where they are than they would coming here.they can make more money THERE.and right now, they can win more THERE.

everybody knows what curry and jeffires can do.if someone wants them tell them to come get them.

coach is wasting his time playing them and the rest of veterans.if you really wanna show free agents that you can offer more than nyc, play the young guys to show THEM what kind of players they could be running with.

hill gallo chandler hughes douglas.

everybody else needs to get traded before the break.

Default KOBE:Knicks never had "the man"..

via knicksblog via jonathan abrams.

“It’ll be interesting,” Bryant said after the Lakers beat the Knicks, 100-90, Tuesday. “It’ll be interesting. I know those guys want to sit back and see their options. New York will definitely be one of the options. Whether they go or not, I don’t know.”

Bryant said he believed New York has never had one of the league’s most notable players, like Bryant, James, or Michael Jordan. (Bryant seems to count
    Hall of Famers like Walt Frazer, Willis Reed, Dave DeBusschere, Patrick Ewing as role players). They may land a player of Bryant’s caliber next summer. It just won’t be him.

“It’ll make a difference,” Bryant said. “That city has never had that. They’ve never had a flashy or marquee guy. If you look back to the years that they won championships, it’s always been a team effort. They never had a star, so this will be the first time they’ve had one of those guys…”
    obviously he sounds like a douche', but i think what he meant was a we've never had go to guy.and that's true.

Default What????

Originally Posted by ANU
    lol.forced your hand? you're nobody.**** outta here.my post was about how i feel.i don't care if you agree or disagree.should i feel good about our team "buying" a championship? I'm not gonna lie to myself.I won't.you can do that if you want.i personally don't give a **** if you do or don't.
    Wow... if you didn't care about MY OPINION then you should of left it alone. I was offended by your inaccuracies when trying to compare the state of the NYK's to the Yanks- you sounded like a hater imo. But again what is this: "we all know them; patrick, oak, and starks, hell even sprewell. those guys are are "true" knicks. you know, those blue collar/punch you in the mouth types in the vein of reed and debusschere, that played with their heart on their sleeve, all for the glory of this city.to me those guys are true knicks."? *** Correct me if I'm wrong but, wasn't Spree and Oak acquired via trade / Fa? And whoever else someone mentioned already? And the kicker is... you won't be happy if the Knicks hire a MSG merc- well my responese to that is, I bet if that were to happen you might feel different, just a hunch. Besides my replies are keeping this thread going. *wink