NY KNICKS vs. BOSTON C-DIKS game thread

mafra

Legend
I am in agreement with CoolClyde. Why does Duhon get 47 minutes? His field goal percentage is is 24.2%. He averages just over 6 assists a game and he is certainly not as good as Douglas defensively.

Is it possible that one of the reasons Jennings was not selected over Hill was the belief that Duhon is the point guard going forward? Hill can not get off the bench on one of the worst teams in the NBA and yet the Knicks took him with the 8th pick.

Is Darko so bad that he can not get into the game at all? What has Douglas done to be limited to 6 minutes?

Danilo is not aggressive enough althugh he did have one nice driving dunk. Once again he failed to hustle for a loose ball at which point d'Antoni took him out of the game.

Are the Knicks showcasing some of these expiring contract players?

We don;t pick up Iverson b/c of him possibly hurting the future- yet we don't play HILL and Douglas harldy sees any action in TWO, back-2-back games?

Duhon is horrible. No way he should play 47 minutes in a week. We should have won this game, and the fact this team only competes when they want to makes me even sicker- b/c obviously they don't try 60% of the time.

BOS didn;t want to play and got nothing from Garnett-Allen-Wallace and we still can't beat them.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Maybe D'antoni doesn't want to hurt mike krzyzewski's (Duke Coach) feelings by benching the idiot of Duhon. If we lose the next three games we will be at 3-13 with Duhon at the point. How long will the coach continue to sit Darko, Hill, Douglas? There is too much stupidity going on with the Knicks right now and someway some of the players have to go starting with Duhon and Jeffries. Buy them out, release them, trade them, I don't give a crap, do something Walsh...

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Duhon is the worst starting point guard in the NBA, no doubt.

There doesn`t seem to be any sense of planning in the Knicks. Allen Iverson would contribute more to the Knicks than Duhon if he only had one leg. We didn`t get Iverson because he would have hurt the development of our young players. That makes no sense when Hill, Darko and Douglas are sitting on the bench.

Where was Douglas? He has played well since he came into the team yet he has to sit there watching Duhon run around like a chicken without a head.

I`d love to see David Lee play power forward and have either Darko or Eddy as centre. Lee has a sweet shot and would be more productive I think as PF. With some low post presence it would open the floor for him a little more. Put a centre in there and let Lee play his strongest position.

pat

Starter
We didn`t get Iverson because he would have hurt the development of our young players. That makes no sense when Hill, Darko and Douglas are sitting on the bench.

I said it before and I will say it again: You can question a coach's decisions concerning time-outs, fouling players, plays the team runs. These are things you can observe. However, it does not make sense to criticise a coach based on whom he is (not playing). The coaching staff has got so much more insight into team processes than we have. There must be a reason why he plays them. Although Duhon's numbers might seem horrible, coach Dantoni must have a reason for playing them. There is just no point in losing intentionally this year. Would you honestly put your basketball intellect above that of a guy who has done this all his life and is actually paid for this?

robert56

Benchwarmer
pat;10456 However said:
We can criticize this coach on who he isn't playing since this team is playing such horrible defense. We need defensive player on the floor along with people who can score. Can't win if you can't play defense.[/B]

The coaching staff has got so much more insight into team processes than we have. There must be a reason why he plays them.
True the staff has insight that we might not have, but when your team is playing the way this team is playing you need to make changes to find out what will work and what won't. Right now we know what isn't working so let's see if we can find out what will work
and play some of these other guys

There is just no point in losing intentionally this year.
Really? Sure looks that way

Would you honestly put your basketball intellect above that of a guy who has done this all his life and is actually paid for this?
I and a lot others on this forum would love to try for a few games. How bad could we do? Not much worst than we are right now.
Play Darko, why pay someone over 7 million and not play him?

Last edited:

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I said it before and I will say it again: You can question a coach's decisions concerning time-outs, fouling players, plays the team runs. These are things you can observe. However, it does not make sense to criticise a coach based on whom he is (not playing). The coaching staff has got so much more insight into team processes than we have. There must be a reason why he plays them. Although Duhon's numbers might seem horrible, coach Dantoni must have a reason for playing them. There is just no point in losing intentionally this year. Would you honestly put your basketball intellect above that of a guy who has done this all his life and is actually paid for this?

I understand that Pat but I was trying to point out that the coaching staff and Donnie have said that signing Iverson would take minutes away from the rookies but the rookies aren`t getting any minutes anyway. I happen to agree that not signing Iverson was a good thing but their reason for doing so is nonsense. Either bring in a talent and retard the rookies miuntes, which I don`t like or don`t bring someone in and develop the rookies. The Knicks are doing neither. They don`t bring in Iverson to but they also aren`t developing the young players.

Also, I would never suggest my intellect is greater in basketball matters than the Knicks coaching staff. Having said that you don`t need any basketball intellect to see that Duhon is contributing nothing and Douglas has played better whenever he has played.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Scipio, a couple years ago I easily woulda let you go with saying you are smarter in basketball terms than the Knicks coaching staff!

Paul1355

All Star
a smart coach does not put in rookies against utah and boston
A smart coach would be benching Duhon, starting Douglas because he is a better shooter and defense man AND because needs to develop.

A smart coach would stop playing David Lee at PF and Wilson Chandler at SF because they are clearly out of position and getting beat.

A smart coach would have a legit Center that has height, blocks shots, and rebounds. We have Darko and Jordan Hill on the bench that can easily fill that role.

And lastly, and smart coach would not play Jared Jeffries and Chris Duhon at all.

Paul1355

All Star
Mike D has alot of blame

Everytime Hill and Douglas play, we all play better.

Everytime Mike D leaves Duhon and Jeffries in with David Lee playing Center, we get beat and lose in an embarrassing way.

Larry Brown, Isiah Thomas, and now Mike D have favorites on their team that they think will get out go their funks. How long did Isiah bench Chandler before he started playing him, and THEN we saw how good he can be. So how long will Mike D bench Douglas and Hill before we realize that we might not be as bad as we are if we just play our 1st round draft picks! Let's face it: Duhon and Jeffries are not worth 1st round picks, so why is their value higher than Douglas and Hill and why are they playing big minutes???

These are things that fans, like me, have to question about Mike D. His decision making with substitutions has been an F this year and has costs us games.

My example: We were getting blown out without the rookies in. We bring in Douglas and Hill and we go on a 24-9 run against the Championship defending Lakers!
Explain to me how that does not prove that Mike D does not know who is clearly better on this team when any fan does?? Mike D is lost.

TunerAddict

Starter
You have to consider who the rookies are playing though.

Last night Douglas and Hill were playing against the third unite for the Lakers for most of that run.