Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: NY KNICKS vs. BOSTON C-DIKS game thread

Originally Posted by pat
    I said it before and I will say it again: You can question a coach's decisions concerning time-outs, fouling players, plays the team runs. These are things you can observe. However, it does not make sense to criticise a coach based on whom he is (not playing). The coaching staff has got so much more insight into team processes than we have. There must be a reason why he plays them. Although Duhon's numbers might seem horrible, coach Dantoni must have a reason for playing them. There is just no point in losing intentionally this year. Would you honestly put your basketball intellect above that of a guy who has done this all his life and is actually paid for this?
    I understand that Pat but I was trying to point out that the coaching staff and Donnie have said that signing Iverson would take minutes away from the rookies but the rookies aren`t getting any minutes anyway. I happen to agree that not signing Iverson was a good thing but their reason for doing so is nonsense. Either bring in a talent and retard the rookies miuntes, which I don`t like or don`t bring someone in and develop the rookies. The Knicks are doing neither. They don`t bring in Iverson to but they also aren`t developing the young players.

Also, I would never suggest my intellect is greater in basketball matters than the Knicks coaching staff. Having said that you don`t need any basketball intellect to see that Duhon is contributing nothing and Douglas has played better whenever he has played.

a smart coach does not put in rookies against utah and boston

Scipio, a couple years ago I easily woulda let you go with saying you are smarter in basketball terms than the Knicks coaching staff!

Banned

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Nate Robinson doesn't play in crunch time because he is the BIGGEST defensive liability we have. He makes DLee seem like a solid defender.
    Yet he was the only one on our team with a block that game. 2 blocks. I'm still furious about it.

Originally Posted by Toons
    a smart coach does not put in rookies against utah and boston
    A smart coach would be benching Duhon, starting Douglas because he is a better shooter and defense man AND because needs to develop.

A smart coach would stop playing David Lee at PF and Wilson Chandler at SF because they are clearly out of position and getting beat.

A smart coach would have a legit Center that has height, blocks shots, and rebounds. We have Darko and Jordan Hill on the bench that can easily fill that role.

And lastly, and smart coach would not play Jared Jeffries and Chris Duhon at all.

Default Mike D has alot of blame

Originally Posted by pat
    I said it before and I will say it again: You can question a coach's decisions concerning time-outs, fouling players, plays the team runs. These are things you can observe. However, it does not make sense to criticise a coach based on whom he is (not playing). The coaching staff has got so much more insight into team processes than we have. There must be a reason why he plays them. Although Duhon's numbers might seem horrible, coach Dantoni must have a reason for playing them. There is just no point in losing intentionally this year. Would you honestly put your basketball intellect above that of a guy who has done this all his life and is actually paid for this?
    Everytime Hill and Douglas play, we all play better.

Everytime Mike D leaves Duhon and Jeffries in with David Lee playing Center, we get beat and lose in an embarrassing way.

Larry Brown, Isiah Thomas, and now Mike D have favorites on their team that they think will get out go their funks. How long did Isiah bench Chandler before he started playing him, and THEN we saw how good he can be. So how long will Mike D bench Douglas and Hill before we realize that we might not be as bad as we are if we just play our 1st round draft picks! Let's face it: Duhon and Jeffries are not worth 1st round picks, so why is their value higher than Douglas and Hill and why are they playing big minutes???

These are things that fans, like me, have to question about Mike D. His decision making with substitutions has been an F this year and has costs us games.

My example: We were getting blown out without the rookies in. We bring in Douglas and Hill and we go on a 24-9 run against the Championship defending Lakers!
    Explain to me how that does not prove that Mike D does not know who is clearly better on this team when any fan does?? Mike D is lost.

You have to consider who the rookies are playing though.

Last night Douglas and Hill were playing against the third unite for the Lakers for most of that run.