Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 52

Thread: NY KNICKS vs. BOSTON C-DIKS game thread

  1. #31
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,038
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Allen Iverson

  2. #32
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    sorry for not makin the thread guys

  3. #33
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Allen Iverson
    Co-sign...

  4. #34
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,499
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Bench Duhon Mr. Pringles!

    Chris Duhon vs Celtdicks
    47 minutes - 3 points

    what is this BS?

    N8 >>>> Duhon
    Douglas >> Duhon

    Allen Iverson could have done a whole lot better than Duhon has done,
    but NO, he would have taken minutes away from our young guys.

    Tony Douglas - 6 minutes
    Jordan Hll - DNP
    Darko - DNP

    Knicks have 1 foul to give in final 9 seconds and don't use it.
    another brilliant defensive scheme by the Pringle.

    chalk up another loss to No-D'Antoni.

    PS: Brandon Jennings last game: 31 minutes, 26 points

  5. #35
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    683
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Duhon

    I am in agreement with CoolClyde. Why does Duhon get 47 minutes? His field goal percentage is is 24.2%. He averages just over 6 assists a game and he is certainly not as good as Douglas defensively.

    Is it possible that one of the reasons Jennings was not selected over Hill was the belief that Duhon is the point guard going forward? Hill can not get off the bench on one of the worst teams in the NBA and yet the Knicks took him with the 8th pick.

    Is Darko so bad that he can not get into the game at all? What has Douglas done to be limited to 6 minutes?


    Danilo is not aggressive enough althugh he did have one nice driving dunk. Once again he failed to hustle for a loose ball at which point d'Antoni took him out of the game.

    Are the Knicks showcasing some of these expiring contract players?

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Nate Robinson?

    Can someone explain to me why Nate Robinson is getting no minutes down the stretch??!?!?!?! Does anyone else not see this as insulting and a huge smack in the face to him? I have a feeling this game wouldn't have even went in to OT if nate was on the floor over that garbage Duhon.. please someone explain to me the real logic behind this... thank you.

  7. #37
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,038
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by dlee420
    Can someone explain to me why Nate Robinson is getting no minutes down the stretch??!?!?!?! Does anyone else not see this as insulting and a huge smack in the face to him? I have a feeling this game wouldn't have even went in to OT if nate was on the floor over that garbage Duhon.. please someone explain to me the real logic behind this... thank you.
    Hopefully D'Antoni has some plan on packaging him in a trade if he EVER has a few good games consistantly enough.

    Which I have no hope in.

    Actually, D'Antoni has no idea what he's doing.

  8. #38
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    gallo's lack or aggresiveness is starting to piss me off. hes my favorite player, and will continue to be no matter what. i just want to see him succeed. i watched the whole game, and for the first time in a while, i thought duhorrible, and the rest of the knicks found gallo. problem is most of the time he just passed the ball right back! wtf??? i dont want him shooting to many shots, but when he had ray allen (height advantage over him), or brian scalabrine (WHOOOO???) couldnt he have attacked the basket and created something?
    other opinions from the game
    -nate looked pretty good, finally glimpses of the nate from last year (was it bcuz will ferrell was in the building lol?)
    -jordan hill has done a great job this season keeping the bench warm. its games like these that make me jump for joy that we didnt draft b-jennings or ty lawson
    -talking about passing on those two nice pg's, i thought chris duhorrible did an excellent job of showing why everyone on this forum (except jpz of course) hates him. he runs around the paint, with NO agresiveness to score. i could sense the frustration clyde had when talking about him. im sure lebron, wade and bosh cant wait to have a pg like him as their starter
    -i liked watching eddy curry today. hes obv rusty, but he overpowered rasheed. made him look like a lil baby. mandick jerkins cudnt even get good position on him on the post. eddy just missed two hooks he usually makes. and EVERYONE on this forum has to hate rajon john doe, ****in idiot. i loved seeing curry dismantle him. he showed grit, toughness, and PASSION. those were antonyms when ud describe him two years ago. and even 3 years ago when he had his breakout year he only cared if he was scoring big. now (and hopefully it'll continue) he is animated whether the knicks are looking for him or not

  9. #39
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Nate Robinson doesn't play in crunch time because he is the BIGGEST defensive liability we have. He makes DLee seem like a solid defender.

  10. #40
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****

  11. #41
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,381
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    I am in agreement with CoolClyde. Why does Duhon get 47 minutes? His field goal percentage is is 24.2%. He averages just over 6 assists a game and he is certainly not as good as Douglas defensively.

    Is it possible that one of the reasons Jennings was not selected over Hill was the belief that Duhon is the point guard going forward? Hill can not get off the bench on one of the worst teams in the NBA and yet the Knicks took him with the 8th pick.

    Is Darko so bad that he can not get into the game at all? What has Douglas done to be limited to 6 minutes?


    Danilo is not aggressive enough althugh he did have one nice driving dunk. Once again he failed to hustle for a loose ball at which point d'Antoni took him out of the game.

    Are the Knicks showcasing some of these expiring contract players?
    We don;t pick up Iverson b/c of him possibly hurting the future- yet we don't play HILL and Douglas harldy sees any action in TWO, back-2-back games?

    Duhon is horrible. No way he should play 47 minutes in a week. We should have won this game, and the fact this team only competes when they want to makes me even sicker- b/c obviously they don't try 60% of the time.

    BOS didn;t want to play and got nothing from Garnett-Allen-Wallace and we still can't beat them.

  12. #42
    Member Arod2k9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Maybe D'antoni doesn't want to hurt mike krzyzewski's (Duke Coach) feelings by benching the idiot of Duhon. If we lose the next three games we will be at 3-13 with Duhon at the point. How long will the coach continue to sit Darko, Hill, Douglas? There is too much stupidity going on with the Knicks right now and someway some of the players have to go starting with Duhon and Jeffries. Buy them out, release them, trade them, I don't give a crap, do something Walsh...

  13. #43

    Default

    Duhon is the worst starting point guard in the NBA, no doubt.

    There doesn`t seem to be any sense of planning in the Knicks. Allen Iverson would contribute more to the Knicks than Duhon if he only had one leg. We didn`t get Iverson because he would have hurt the development of our young players. That makes no sense when Hill, Darko and Douglas are sitting on the bench.

    Where was Douglas? He has played well since he came into the team yet he has to sit there watching Duhon run around like a chicken without a head.

    I`d love to see David Lee play power forward and have either Darko or Eddy as centre. Lee has a sweet shot and would be more productive I think as PF. With some low post presence it would open the floor for him a little more. Put a centre in there and let Lee play his strongest position.

  14. #44
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    917
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Scipio
    We didn`t get Iverson because he would have hurt the development of our young players. That makes no sense when Hill, Darko and Douglas are sitting on the bench.
    I said it before and I will say it again: You can question a coach's decisions concerning time-outs, fouling players, plays the team runs. These are things you can observe. However, it does not make sense to criticise a coach based on whom he is (not playing). The coaching staff has got so much more insight into team processes than we have. There must be a reason why he plays them. Although Duhon's numbers might seem horrible, coach Dantoni must have a reason for playing them. There is just no point in losing intentionally this year. Would you honestly put your basketball intellect above that of a guy who has done this all his life and is actually paid for this?

  15. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Fairbanks AK
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by pat;10456 However, it does not make sense to criticise a coach based on whom he is (not playing).
    [B
    We can criticize this coach on who he isn't playing since this team is playing such horrible defense. We need defensive player on the floor along with people who can score. Can't win if you can't play defense.[/B]

    The coaching staff has got so much more insight into team processes than we have. There must be a reason why he plays them.
    True the staff has insight that we might not have, but when your team is playing the way this team is playing you need to make changes to find out what will work and what won't. Right now we know what isn't working so let's see if we can find out what will work
    and play some of these other guys

    There is just no point in losing intentionally this year.
    Really? Sure looks that way

    Would you honestly put your basketball intellect above that of a guy who has done this all his life and is actually paid for this?
    I and a lot others on this forum would love to try for a few games. How bad could we do? Not much worst than we are right now.
    Play Darko, why pay someone over 7 million and not play him?
    Last edited by robert56; Nov 23, 2009 at 06:47. Reason: bold not working right

Similar Threads

  1. Celtics vs Knicks Game Thread
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: Jan 06, 2009, 16:41
  2. Replies: 76
    Last Post: Jan 31, 2008, 19:05
  3. New York Knicks vs LA Lakers Game Thread 1/29
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: Jan 30, 2008, 20:40
  4. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 17:25
  5. New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards Game Thread 1/18
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: Jan 19, 2008, 08:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •