Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Chris Duhon: the PG so poisonous we don't actually have one

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Chris Duhon: the PG so poisonous we don't actually have one

    I am convinced that it is a truly perverse faith in Duhon that we did not:

    -- trade Chandler, etc. to get Rubio, et. al.

    -- draft Jennings, or draft Lawson

    -- acquire Sessions, or the other small handful of young but competent, playmaking PG's available

    -- and, finally, not getting Iverson (though this is somewhat moot since we are a joke for the above major reasons)

    We needed a PG. D'Ant needs a PG. This draft and offseason was rich with a diverse blend of PGs. We have a logjam of young forwards and our #1 FA prizes are varieties of forwards, with no PG in sight, to boot.

    We willfully do everything in our power to do all *BUT* get a PG by draft or acquisition, in the ways aforementioned and many more that exist, as well.

    We watch Duhon deterioriate just as so many fans watched him do so last year and saw the kind of player he is. And yet, our org does so much to *not* get a PG we see the *true* faith that they have invested in Duhon and now miserably stick with.

    Why? Because the massive, franchise-altering error in judgement is all they are now left to cling to. And simply pray.

  2. #2
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default We will get a better PG in free agency in 2010

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    I am convinced that it is a truly perverse faith in Duhon that we did not:

    -- trade Chandler, etc. to get Rubio, et. al.

    -- draft Jennings, or draft Lawson

    -- acquire Sessions, or the other small handful of young but competent, playmaking PG's available

    -- and, finally, not getting Iverson (though this is somewhat moot since we are a joke for the above major reasons)

    We needed a PG. D'Ant needs a PG. This draft and offseason was rich with a diverse blend of PGs. We have a logjam of young forwards and our #1 FA prizes are varieties of forwards, with no PG in sight, to boot.

    We willfully do everything in our power to do all *BUT* get a PG by draft or acquisition, in the ways aforementioned and many more that exist, as well.

    We watch Duhon deterioriate just as so many fans watched him do so last year and saw the kind of player he is. And yet, our org does so much to *not* get a PG we see the *true* faith that they have invested in Duhon and now miserably stick with.

    Why? Because the massive, franchise-altering error in judgment is all they are now left to cling to. And simply pray.
    Look we should have gotten Jennings or Lawson or whoever but the fact was that we had no big men and the most likely scenario is that Lee won't be back next year and Hill will be getting a lot more minutes.

    Hill will get his minutes, wether it is this year or not, he will get big minutes soon because we don't plan on keeping Jeffries or Curry who are the reasons why Hill is not playing.

    Donnie and Mike D know that they will need a PG after this season.

    Expect us to get a PG in the free agency to go with our future all star whoever that may be.

    2010:
    Get an all star who can be a leader
    Get a shotblocking center that should be a starter
    Get a PG who is better than Chris Duhon.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Nate Robinson?

    Can someone explain to me why Nate Robinson is getting no minutes down the stretch??!?!?!?! Does anyone else not see this as insulting and a huge smack in the face to him? I have a feeling this game wouldn't have even went in to OT if nate was on the floor over that garbage Duhon.. please someone explain to me the real logic behind this... thank you.

  4. #4
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by dlee420
    Can someone explain to me why Nate Robinson is getting no minutes down the stretch??!?!?!?! Does anyone else not see this as insulting and a huge smack in the face to him? I have a feeling this game wouldn't have even went in to OT if nate was on the floor over that garbage Duhon.. please someone explain to me the real logic behind this... thank you.
    Oh my god. You've posted this in 3 separate threads. What are you thinking?

  5. #5
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    Oh my god. You've posted this in 3 separate threads. What are you thinking?
    he makes a good point...Nate scored 19 points and was the hottest shooter on the team, why did Duhon take over completely after that? Why did Nate get no playing time after showing he was having the best game of the season?

  6. #6
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    he makes a good point...Nate scored 19 points and was the hottest shooter on the team, why did Duhon take over completely after that? Why did Nate get no playing time after showing he was having the best game of the season?
    Because him shooting was hurting us.

    He killed the passing and turned the team into an iso team. Meanwhile, he was a HUGE defensive liability.

    Not to mention that he was trying to have a battle with Eddie House...Just old immature Nate being immature Nate.

    He really needed to come out. He wasn't really giving us anything...Anything he scored he was giving back up, and it was better to get him out before his shooting went cold, like it always does, and he ended up going from shooting well to missing 4 or 5 in a row, or possibly even more.

    We've all seen him do that. He'll go 5/6 from the field, then he'll start chucking or trying absurd layups, and by then end of the night he's 6/13. Better to take him out before the cold streak comes.

  7. #7
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by dlee420
    Can someone explain to me why Nate Robinson is getting no minutes down the stretch??!?!?!?! Does anyone else not see this as insulting and a huge smack in the face to him? I have a feeling this game wouldn't have even went in to OT if nate was on the floor over that garbage Duhon.. please someone explain to me the real logic behind this... thank you.
    Because Nate Robinson doesn't deserve minutes. The way he acts on the court (shooting at his own basket) and off the court (I'm convinced he is the prime culprit in not taking layup lines or drills seriously. This guy is immature, joking around, laughing it up...which is fine if the team is winning. Nate is supremely talented athletically but the fact is mentally he is a dwarf.

    He kills the passing game, he isn't a good ball-handler. You say it's a "smack in the face to him" but the fact of the matter is every time Nate laughs off another loss, shoots the ball at his own hoop like it's a Harlem Globetrotters show, jokes around as the team around him tanks, it's a smack in the face to everyone on this team that does put in the effort, that does care. If I had my way, this guy would be on the next plane out of here.

    Larry Brown had him and wanted to send him to the D-League. Isiah drafted him and had to justify it but by the end of his run looked like he wanted to strangle him. And now D'Antoni looks to be fed up with this clown and his antics. I've been steadfast in disliking guys that are headcases, can't seem to get along with coaches and are distractions (see: my dislike for Stephon Marbury, my desire for the Knicks NOT to get Iverson), and he is just the next one in the bunch. Why, oh why, can't we just get a team that goes out on the floor every night and PLAYS ****ING BASKETBALL?

    Enough of these distractions, enough of these primadonnas, enough of the joking, the laughing all that crap until we get a team that CAN make the playoffs, until we get a team that CAN win. Nate Robinson is a ****ing joke, and we as Knicks fans need to stop giving him the pass because once in a while he can score 19. He's not a good PG (he can't really pass or dribble all that well), and he's too small to be a legit shooting guard. He's a sideshow, he's entertainment. That's it.

  8. #8
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Because Nate Robinson doesn't deserve minutes. The way he acts on the court (shooting at his own basket) and off the court (I'm convinced he is the prime culprit in not taking layup lines or drills seriously. This guy is immature, joking around, laughing it up...which is fine if the team is winning. Nate is supremely talented athletically but the fact is mentally he is a dwarf.

    He kills the passing game, he isn't a good ball-handler. You say it's a "smack in the face to him" but the fact of the matter is every time Nate laughs off another loss, shoots the ball at his own hoop like it's a Harlem Globetrotters show, jokes around as the team around him tanks, it's a smack in the face to everyone on this team that does put in the effort, that does care. If I had my way, this guy would be on the next plane out of here.

    Larry Brown had him and wanted to send him to the D-League. Isiah drafted him and had to justify it but by the end of his run looked like he wanted to strangle him. And now D'Antoni looks to be fed up with this clown and his antics. I've been steadfast in disliking guys that are headcases, can't seem to get along with coaches and are distractions (see: my dislike for Stephon Marbury, my desire for the Knicks NOT to get Iverson), and he is just the next one in the bunch. Why, oh why, can't we just get a team that goes out on the floor every night and PLAYS ****ING BASKETBALL?

    Enough of these distractions, enough of these primadonnas, enough of the joking, the laughing all that crap until we get a team that CAN make the playoffs, until we get a team that CAN win. Nate Robinson is a ****ing joke, and we as Knicks fans need to stop giving him the pass because once in a while he can score 19. He's not a good PG (he can't really pass or dribble all that well), and he's too small to be a legit shooting guard. He's a sideshow, he's entertainment. That's it.
    He really is a terrible dribbler. How many times has he just nonchalantly dribbled off his own foot will just standing at the top of the key. He loses the ball all the time.

    Duhon is a MUCH better ball handler, and that is really saying something.

  9. #9
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default ???

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    He really is a terrible dribbler. How many times has he just nonchalantly dribbled off his own foot will just standing at the top of the key. He loses the ball all the time.

    Duhon is a MUCH better ball handler, and that is really saying something.
    You know, to a bum, 5 ritz crackers looks like a 5 course meal! I can only assume this desperation was the mentality when deciding to re-sign N8 & Lee (Duhon for that matter)-smh. What were these 2 (Walsh/Dant) thinking? *NEWSFLASH: you stupid motherf*ckers... you could have achieved the same poor a$$ results w/ all new / cheaper players!!! I have REPEATED this time and time again... N8 and Lee (and Duhon) ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR WHAT THEY CHARGE ON THEIR BEST MOTHERF*CKING DAYS- Not with 2 four leaf clovers and a rabbits foot in their arses!!!! Why waste time, money, development and morale by going thru all the bs from the summer with these 2 losers? why didn't walsh/dant know this? Once is a mistake, twice is a coincidence but now... I'd bet my girls biga$s left tit that we would be better with anyone of the numerous pg's we could have gotten. But these dumb n*ggas want us to cheer for bringing back N8 & Lee like they were the sh*t.???? smh???? N8/Lee/Duhon don't posses the pedigree: Size, speed, HEART, consistancy, potential, leadership- how were you gonna teach this D'Antoni when YOU DONT HAVE THE PEDIGREE YOURSELF? *signed- Shaking my motherf*cking head!

  10. #10
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I agree that our players/vets are not worth the money. keep huges and harrington on the court get more minutes for hill, gallo, douglas, Show case Curry/jefferies to move them. who cares about the rest they're all gone in the off season anyways.

  11. #11
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I feel like letting Marbury go will forever haunt us.

  12. #12
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default All about Ego's

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    I feel like letting Marbury go will forever haunt us.
    IDK if that was because of James Dolan, MIke D, or Donnie Walsh but that was the worst Knicks move since Donnie was announced as our President of basketball Operations.

    And paying Marbury 20 million for not playing when he could have at a good level was a complete waste.

    This Knicks team will never take on a player with any ego, ever!

    I'm not suprised now that we did not take Iverson for 1.4 million. The only reason was his ego. Ego's can win, but our staff will never realize that.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Because Nate Robinson doesn't deserve minutes. The way he acts on the court (shooting at his own basket) and off the court (I'm convinced he is the prime culprit in not taking layup lines or drills seriously. This guy is immature, joking around, laughing it up...which is fine if the team is winning. Nate is supremely talented athletically but the fact is mentally he is a dwarf.

    He kills the passing game, he isn't a good ball-handler. You say it's a "smack in the face to him" but the fact of the matter is every time Nate laughs off another loss, shoots the ball at his own hoop like it's a Harlem Globetrotters show, jokes around as the team around him tanks, it's a smack in the face to everyone on this team that does put in the effort, that does care. If I had my way, this guy would be on the next plane out of here.

    Larry Brown had him and wanted to send him to the D-League. Isiah drafted him and had to justify it but by the end of his run looked like he wanted to strangle him. And now D'Antoni looks to be fed up with this clown and his antics. I've been steadfast in disliking guys that are headcases, can't seem to get along with coaches and are distractions (see: my dislike for Stephon Marbury, my desire for the Knicks NOT to get Iverson), and he is just the next one in the bunch. Why, oh why, can't we just get a team that goes out on the floor every night and PLAYS ****ING BASKETBALL?

    Enough of these distractions, enough of these primadonnas, enough of the joking, the laughing all that crap until we get a team that CAN make the playoffs, until we get a team that CAN win. Nate Robinson is a ****ing joke, and we as Knicks fans need to stop giving him the pass because once in a while he can score 19. He's not a good PG (he can't really pass or dribble all that well), and he's too small to be a legit shooting guard. He's a sideshow, he's entertainment. That's it.
    Ok what you said was just great ... BUT he's only proved to be the better player then duhon... how could you say you'd rather have duhon out there? its like 4 on 5 when he's on the court... you put Nate in atleast he runs the ball AND seems to me he makes crisper passes .. I know he's got his antics.. but if you can't deal with him then your just gonna keep losing games with that waste of space duhon.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Because him shooting was hurting us.

    He killed the passing and turned the team into an iso team. Meanwhile, he was a HUGE defensive liability.

    Not to mention that he was trying to have a battle with Eddie House...Just old immature Nate being immature Nate.

    He really needed to come out. He wasn't really giving us anything...Anything he scored he was giving back up, and it was better to get him out before his shooting went cold, like it always does, and he ended up going from shooting well to missing 4 or 5 in a row, or possibly even more.

    We've all seen him do that. He'll go 5/6 from the field, then he'll start chucking or trying absurd layups, and by then end of the night he's 6/13. Better to take him out before the cold streak comes.
    Chris Duhon : 47 minutes... 3 Points, 6 assists, 3 rebounds... 47 minutes... 47 minutes... 47 minutes... really? Yea your right we were better off with duhon in.

Similar Threads

  1. NOW Mike D'Antoni doesnt believe in Duhon
    By StreetDreams21 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 13, 2009, 16:11
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Nov 07, 2009, 20:18
  3. Chris Duhon is a headache!!!!!!!!
    By Knickslife031 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Nov 06, 2009, 02:06
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: Jun 28, 2009, 00:15
  5. Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jan 29, 2009, 23:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •