Chris Duhon: the PG so poisonous we don't actually have one

iSaYughh

Starter
I am convinced that it is a truly perverse faith in Duhon that we did not:

-- trade Chandler, etc. to get Rubio, et. al.

-- draft Jennings, or draft Lawson

-- acquire Sessions, or the other small handful of young but competent, playmaking PG's available

-- and, finally, not getting Iverson (though this is somewhat moot since we are a joke for the above major reasons)

We needed a PG. D'Ant needs a PG. This draft and offseason was rich with a diverse blend of PGs. We have a logjam of young forwards and our #1 FA prizes are varieties of forwards, with no PG in sight, to boot.

We willfully do everything in our power to do all *BUT* get a PG by draft or acquisition, in the ways aforementioned and many more that exist, as well.

We watch Duhon deterioriate just as so many fans watched him do so last year and saw the kind of player he is. And yet, our org does so much to *not* get a PG we see the *true* faith that they have invested in Duhon and now miserably stick with.

Why? Because the massive, franchise-altering error in judgement is all they are now left to cling to. And simply pray.

Paul1355

All Star
We will get a better PG in free agency in 2010

I am convinced that it is a truly perverse faith in Duhon that we did not:

-- trade Chandler, etc. to get Rubio, et. al.

-- draft Jennings, or draft Lawson

-- acquire Sessions, or the other small handful of young but competent, playmaking PG's available

-- and, finally, not getting Iverson (though this is somewhat moot since we are a joke for the above major reasons)

We needed a PG. D'Ant needs a PG. This draft and offseason was rich with a diverse blend of PGs. We have a logjam of young forwards and our #1 FA prizes are varieties of forwards, with no PG in sight, to boot.

We willfully do everything in our power to do all *BUT* get a PG by draft or acquisition, in the ways aforementioned and many more that exist, as well.

We watch Duhon deterioriate just as so many fans watched him do so last year and saw the kind of player he is. And yet, our org does so much to *not* get a PG we see the *true* faith that they have invested in Duhon and now miserably stick with.

Why? Because the massive, franchise-altering error in judgment is all they are now left to cling to. And simply pray.
Look we should have gotten Jennings or Lawson or whoever but the fact was that we had no big men and the most likely scenario is that Lee won't be back next year and Hill will be getting a lot more minutes.

Hill will get his minutes, wether it is this year or not, he will get big minutes soon because we don't plan on keeping Jeffries or Curry who are the reasons why Hill is not playing.

Donnie and Mike D know that they will need a PG after this season.

Expect us to get a PG in the free agency to go with our future all star whoever that may be.

2010:
Get an all star who can be a leader
Get a shotblocking center that should be a starter
Get a PG who is better than Chris Duhon.

dlee420

Banned
Nate Robinson?

Can someone explain to me why Nate Robinson is getting no minutes down the stretch??!?!?!?! Does anyone else not see this as insulting and a huge smack in the face to him? I have a feeling this game wouldn't have even went in to OT if nate was on the floor over that garbage Duhon.. please someone explain to me the real logic behind this... thank you.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Can someone explain to me why Nate Robinson is getting no minutes down the stretch??!?!?!?! Does anyone else not see this as insulting and a huge smack in the face to him? I have a feeling this game wouldn't have even went in to OT if nate was on the floor over that garbage Duhon.. please someone explain to me the real logic behind this... thank you.
Oh my god. You've posted this in 3 separate threads. What are you thinking?

Paul1355

All Star
Oh my god. You've posted this in 3 separate threads. What are you thinking?
he makes a good point...Nate scored 19 points and was the hottest shooter on the team, why did Duhon take over completely after that? Why did Nate get no playing time after showing he was having the best game of the season?

TunerAddict

Starter
he makes a good point...Nate scored 19 points and was the hottest shooter on the team, why did Duhon take over completely after that? Why did Nate get no playing time after showing he was having the best game of the season?

Because him shooting was hurting us.

He killed the passing and turned the team into an iso team. Meanwhile, he was a HUGE defensive liability.

Not to mention that he was trying to have a battle with Eddie House...Just old immature Nate being immature Nate.

He really needed to come out. He wasn't really giving us anything...Anything he scored he was giving back up, and it was better to get him out before his shooting went cold, like it always does, and he ended up going from shooting well to missing 4 or 5 in a row, or possibly even more.

We've all seen him do that. He'll go 5/6 from the field, then he'll start chucking or trying absurd layups, and by then end of the night he's 6/13. Better to take him out before the cold streak comes.

KBlack25

Starter

Because Nate Robinson doesn't deserve minutes. The way he acts on the court (shooting at his own basket) and off the court (I'm convinced he is the prime culprit in not taking layup lines or drills seriously. This guy is immature, joking around, laughing it up...which is fine if the team is winning. Nate is supremely talented athletically but the fact is mentally he is a dwarf.

He kills the passing game, he isn't a good ball-handler. You say it's a "smack in the face to him" but the fact of the matter is every time Nate laughs off another loss, shoots the ball at his own hoop like it's a Harlem Globetrotters show, jokes around as the team around him tanks, it's a smack in the face to everyone on this team that does put in the effort, that does care. If I had my way, this guy would be on the next plane out of here.

Larry Brown had him and wanted to send him to the D-League. Isiah drafted him and had to justify it but by the end of his run looked like he wanted to strangle him. And now D'Antoni looks to be fed up with this clown and his antics. I've been steadfast in disliking guys that are headcases, can't seem to get along with coaches and are distractions (see: my dislike for Stephon Marbury, my desire for the Knicks NOT to get Iverson), and he is just the next one in the bunch. Why, oh why, can't we just get a team that goes out on the floor every night and PLAYS ****ING BASKETBALL?

Enough of these distractions, enough of these primadonnas, enough of the joking, the laughing all that crap until we get a team that CAN make the playoffs, until we get a team that CAN win. Nate Robinson is a ****ing joke, and we as Knicks fans need to stop giving him the pass because once in a while he can score 19. He's not a good PG (he can't really pass or dribble all that well), and he's too small to be a legit shooting guard. He's a sideshow, he's entertainment. That's it.

TunerAddict

Starter
Because Nate Robinson doesn't deserve minutes. The way he acts on the court (shooting at his own basket) and off the court (I'm convinced he is the prime culprit in not taking layup lines or drills seriously. This guy is immature, joking around, laughing it up...which is fine if the team is winning. Nate is supremely talented athletically but the fact is mentally he is a dwarf.

He kills the passing game, he isn't a good ball-handler. You say it's a "smack in the face to him" but the fact of the matter is every time Nate laughs off another loss, shoots the ball at his own hoop like it's a Harlem Globetrotters show, jokes around as the team around him tanks, it's a smack in the face to everyone on this team that does put in the effort, that does care. If I had my way, this guy would be on the next plane out of here.

Larry Brown had him and wanted to send him to the D-League. Isiah drafted him and had to justify it but by the end of his run looked like he wanted to strangle him. And now D'Antoni looks to be fed up with this clown and his antics. I've been steadfast in disliking guys that are headcases, can't seem to get along with coaches and are distractions (see: my dislike for Stephon Marbury, my desire for the Knicks NOT to get Iverson), and he is just the next one in the bunch. Why, oh why, can't we just get a team that goes out on the floor every night and PLAYS ****ING BASKETBALL?

Enough of these distractions, enough of these primadonnas, enough of the joking, the laughing all that crap until we get a team that CAN make the playoffs, until we get a team that CAN win. Nate Robinson is a ****ing joke, and we as Knicks fans need to stop giving him the pass because once in a while he can score 19. He's not a good PG (he can't really pass or dribble all that well), and he's too small to be a legit shooting guard. He's a sideshow, he's entertainment. That's it.

He really is a terrible dribbler. How many times has he just nonchalantly dribbled off his own foot will just standing at the top of the key. He loses the ball all the time.

Duhon is a MUCH better ball handler, and that is really saying something.

Red

TYPE-A
???

He really is a terrible dribbler. How many times has he just nonchalantly dribbled off his own foot will just standing at the top of the key. He loses the ball all the time.

Duhon is a MUCH better ball handler, and that is really saying something.

You know, to a bum, 5 ritz crackers looks like a 5 course meal! I can only assume this desperation was the mentality when deciding to re-sign N8 & Lee (Duhon for that matter)-smh. What were these 2 (Walsh/Dant) thinking? *NEWSFLASH: you stupid motherf*ckers... you could have achieved the same poor a$$ results w/ all new / cheaper players!!! I have REPEATED this time and time again... N8 and Lee (and Duhon) ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR WHAT THEY CHARGE ON THEIR BEST MOTHERF*CKING DAYS- Not with 2 four leaf clovers and a rabbits foot in their arses!!!! Why waste time, money, development and morale by going thru all the bs from the summer with these 2 losers? why didn't walsh/dant know this? Once is a mistake, twice is a coincidence but now... I'd bet my girls biga$s left tit that we would be better with anyone of the numerous pg's we could have gotten. But these dumb n*ggas want us to cheer for bringing back N8 & Lee like they were the sh*t.???? smh???? N8/Lee/Duhon don't posses the pedigree: Size, speed, HEART, consistancy, potential, leadership- how were you gonna teach this D'Antoni when YOU DONT HAVE THE PEDIGREE YOURSELF? *signed- Shaking my motherf*cking head!

p0nder

Starter
I agree that our players/vets are not worth the money. keep huges and harrington on the court get more minutes for hill, gallo, douglas, Show case Curry/jefferies to move them. who cares about the rest they're all gone in the off season anyways.

Paul1355

All Star
All about Ego's

I feel like letting Marbury go will forever haunt us.
IDK if that was because of James Dolan, MIke D, or Donnie Walsh but that was the worst Knicks move since Donnie was announced as our President of basketball Operations.

And paying Marbury 20 million for not playing when he could have at a good level was a complete waste.

This Knicks team will never take on a player with any ego, ever!

I'm not suprised now that we did not take Iverson for 1.4 million. The only reason was his ego. Ego's can win, but our staff will never realize that.

dlee420

Banned

Ok what you said was just great ... BUT he's only proved to be the better player then duhon... how could you say you'd rather have duhon out there? its like 4 on 5 when he's on the court... you put Nate in atleast he runs the ball AND seems to me he makes crisper passes .. I know he's got his antics.. but if you can't deal with him then your just gonna keep losing games with that waste of space duhon.

dlee420

Banned
Because him shooting was hurting us.

He killed the passing and turned the team into an iso team. Meanwhile, he was a HUGE defensive liability.

Not to mention that he was trying to have a battle with Eddie House...Just old immature Nate being immature Nate.

He really needed to come out. He wasn't really giving us anything...Anything he scored he was giving back up, and it was better to get him out before his shooting went cold, like it always does, and he ended up going from shooting well to missing 4 or 5 in a row, or possibly even more.

We've all seen him do that. He'll go 5/6 from the field, then he'll start chucking or trying absurd layups, and by then end of the night he's 6/13. Better to take him out before the cold streak comes.

Chris Duhon : 47 minutes... 3 Points, 6 assists, 3 rebounds... 47 minutes... 47 minutes... 47 minutes... really? Yea your right we were better off with duhon in.