Oh my god...did D'Antoni play Duhon for 47 minutes?

metrocard

Legend
I'm speechless...

Chris Duhon right now is worst than Ryan Bowen in terms of production.

There has to be a PG overseas or a international free agent PG that can do a much better job than this guy.

Like, this is suppose to be a 110 ppg tempo offense.
and the starting PG is average 6 ppg on 20% FG and 23% 3pt...with 5 assist, barely any rebounds or steals?

Awful.

Duhon at best is 10 and 8...that doesn't reach the requirements.

In this offense, we need a PG who can give us 15 + on points and 9 + on assist.

Anything below is a fail...thats how D'Antoni's system is built for success.

Duhon wouldn't even make a worthy back up, I really don't know why he's in the NBA. He hasn't been a good defender in 3 years, and is one of the worst offensive PG's we've seen since Jamison Brewer.

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
THIS HAS COST THE TEAM at least 2-3 wins

I'm speechless...

There has to be a PG overseas or a international free agent PG that can do a much better job than this guy.

and the starting PG is average 6 ppg on 20% FG and 23% 3pt...with 5 assist, barely any rebounds or steals?

Awful.

Duhon wouldn't even make a worthy back up, I really don't know why he's in the NBA. He hasn't been a good defender in 3 years, and is one of the worst offensive PG's we've seen since Jamison Brewer.

No superstars here, but some guys are hot on certain nights and start to Gel, D'Antoni pull Hughes when he is off to a great start today. Bench him a quarter and sure he is off. Robinson, great third quarter, pulls him. Duhon, you said it all, why is this guy in for 30 plus minutes and playing the most time than any other knick? Hughes can outplay him at guard, so can Robinson, sorry, get your shot back in practice, not giving away easy wins.
Anyone that gets hot, gets pulled and a new lineup in. I believe every mathematical combination of players have been on the court, including rookies already after a dozen games. Hey coach, you figure this out in practice. Get Al starting, so whatever your statement is to him is costing you 4-6 points everygame. Just awful coaching, Walt has noticed it, wondering why Duhon is in there so much. I don't expect the playoffs, but this teams moral has been crushed by this guy in the first month of the season.

ANU

Starter
you NEED a good/would be great pg in this sytem.dudu is a career back up starting.i'd bet if we had someone else running the point half these guys would look good enough to get some value in trade.all i know is, we need a starting caliber pg if we plan on winning any more games.

TunerAddict

Starter
Duhon playing is more about the lack of Toney Douglas' passing ability and the fact that Nate Robinson is a selfish ballhog that gets eaten alive on defense.

Does Dantoni like Duhon? Maybe, maybe not.

Its more like Duhon is the only option he has.

CoolClyde

Bench Time For Du-horrible

du-horrible turnovers in crunch time negate his dimes.
3 points in 47 minutes deserves immediate benching.

What is this love affair with the worst starting point guard
in the league? Mr. Pringles has a hard-on for Duhorn like
he had for Q-Rich.

BENCH DUHORRORSHOW!

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
I'm speechless...

Awful.

avalible pg
Brevin Knight
Stephon Marbury
Jamal TInsley
Steve Francis
Tyronn Lue
Earl Boykins
Mike Taylor
Smush Parker
Andre Barrett
Gabe Pruitt
Will Solomon
Sean Singletary
Dee Brown
Will Blaylock
Jason Hart
Anthony ROberson
Mike WIlks
Daniel Ewing
Dan Dickau
Orien Green
Keith McLeod
Jacques Vaughn
Donnell Taylor
Lynn Greer
Salim Stoudamire
Jarrett Jordan
John Lucas
Vassillis Spanoulis
Yue Sun
Damon Jones

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
i think we sould go after on of these because i believe they will be better then duhon

brevin knight,jamal tinsley,earl boykins,mike talyor,dan diakau,gabe pruitt,salim stadoumire hey he could make some 3 o and also antonio danieles if the magic dont sign him and of course my fav out of all iverson

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
but my dream trade will be

eddy curry
jamal jefrries
chris duhon

for
t mac
and brooks

right there free cap sapce get a finisher and a better pg then duhon
i could only dream if the rockets take that trade walsh will be the best gm in knicks history

portega1968

El Cacique
cosign on Duhon being the main culprit of the team's woes.

I mean, its simple to see that this PG doesnt fit this offense.

Either you make an offesne that suits him.. or better than that, you get a ****ing PG that does work in this offense.

Carlos Arroyo wouldve run circles around Duhon in practice.

Pablo Prignioni would do better than Duhon. I would even give the Suns a deal with anyone not named Danilo to get Goran Dragic off their hands (theres a PG that would be an allstar in this offesne).

Duhon playing more than 20mins = FAIL

Blas

Benchwarmer
Duhon has been playing like crap. Unfortunately, of all the point guards we have he is our best chance of winning games. This does not say much.

If we are playing to loose then I am all for developing Toney and getting him minutes. He is still pretty raw and he will frustrate our coaching staff and our teammates. We will have to accept we are tanking the season.

We could get a free agent; however:

1) Said free agent may have some conditioning problems for being out of the NBA
2) Said free agent will have to learn this system
3) Said free agent will actually have to be able to play in this system.

We also have a chance of setting ourselves for failure going this route too.

Looking at this tactically I would play Toney D. Most of these players won't be here next year. Most of us as fans are already frustrated and there is little the organization can do to turn this season around this year.

I prefer to keep trying to play to win. Unfortunately, this means playing Duhon.

Anyway you look at it, we are screwed.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Duhon

Duhon is plainly unsatisfactory as a 47 minute point guard. However, I tend to agree with TunerAddict and jeckomaru -- he is perhaps the best we currently have. Nate is unpredictable and defensively lacking. Douglas is a shooting guard who has not demonstrated an ability to run a team. Duhon will make the fewest mistakes.

What baffles me is what appears to be a complete failure in point guard planning. We took Hill instead of Jennings or Lawson. We do not have a 2010 draft pick. There are no adequate 2010 free agent point guards available Even if there is an expectation of getting Rubio ultimately, he is two or three years away. Where is our point guard going forward?

jimkcchief88

All Star
Sounds like alot of sour grapes to me(no Rubio, Steph, Arroyo...). The bottomline is that we had a chance to draft a number of great young pg 2 years ago in the draft and grabbed the cock instead. When you grab a cock, you always get the shaft....

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
The only logic i see here is they're probably trying to showcase Duhon so we can trade him along with Curry / Jefferies. But Duhon is so horrible, NOBODY would want him. Seriously D'Antoni, 47 Minutes ?!?! I don't know why he keeps playing him so much and takes out players who are actually producing when they're on the floor. I really don't know what happened to him.
I mean he wasn't the best last season, especially towards the end but he was a decent PG who put up 11.1 PPG and 7.2 APG. Also why isn't he pushing the ball like he did last season? I thought D'Antoni's style of play was to push and if his starting point guard is not going to do that TAKE HIM OUT. When we run, we are actually a good decent team. This guy needs to go ASAP.

Paul1355

All Star
I'm speechless...

Awful.

as of right now i toottaly agree with you but i do think Duhon can be much better, for some reason he is proving to be a complete scrub. Last year he was good but this year he has taken a 180 in the wrong direction.

Mike D's sub methods have cost us games and it is why I am turning into a Mike D hater because he takes guys out, like Nate Robinson, when they are shooting lights out. It makes no sense, and D'Antoni should be questioned on these moves by reporters.

portega1968

El Cacique
cosign on Duhon being the main culprit of the team's woes.

I mean, its simple to see that this PG doesnt fit this offense.

Either you make an offesne that suits him.. or better than that, you get a ****ing PG that does work in this offense.

Carlos Arroyo wouldve run circles around Duhon in practice.

Pablo Prignioni would do better than Duhon. I would even give the Suns a deal with anyone not named Danilo to get Goran Dragic off their hands (theres a PG that would be an allstar in this offesne).

Duhon playing more than 20mins = FAIL

correction: Duhon playing more than 10mins = FAIL

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
Gets the most minutes of any Knick player

Gets more minutes than Rondo with Boston but averages, what, maybe 6 ppg if lucky, poor defense, but D'Ant thinks he is the point guard of the future?
WHEW? Most minutes, least amount of points, and nothing on defense, ya, let's keep playing him for another couple months.