Thread: Iverson just announced his retirement...

Hybrid View

Default Iverson just announced his retirement...

...Man, he really could've gone out in style, instead, this happens.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Congratulations Donnie Walsh, on ending a Hall of Fame career.

Default We had nothing to lose

Originally Posted by GoKnIcKsDLEE42
    Congratulations Donnie Walsh, on ending a Hall of Fame career.
    seriously, we had nothing to lose with playing AI in Duhon's role. You know how Duhon would get out of his horrible slump? By not playing at all and having AI take over the Knicks. That would jump start Duhon pretty quick, and if that wouldn't then nothing would. Shooting until you get out of a slump is hurting this team and it's not improving Duhon's shooting.

If AI went crazy then we would just release him because we would have signed him for chump change anyway.

What's the problem in wasting 1.4 million when we wasted 20 million on Stephon's last year.

The best pound for pound player who ever played the game. No one played harder than A.I, He always came to work, never took a day off, always 100%. I love him for his work ethic. He played banged up and injured. Guys twice his size put him in on the floor in numerous occasions every night but he came back for more and more and he never complained. Fantastic player that I would be proud to have on my team. If he had been an Knick during his prime we would all have been in tears right now. He was NBAs public enemy #1 with his gangster image. Gave David Stern headache. NBA did not show pictures of A.I when he won rookie of the year because they thought he looked like a gangster. Gangster or no gangster. I only have one word for A.I's NBA career. RESPECT

That's so disappointing he's retired instead of heading to New York. At the very least he would have been entertaining, put up some points and attracted defenders which would hopefully open up some team mates.

The worst part is the reasoning the Knicks didn't go after him, because they feel he'd take too many minutes away from developing players.... Who??? Duhon?!

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Sagerian
    That's so disappointing he's retired instead of heading to New York. At the very least he would have been entertaining, put up some points and attracted defenders which would hopefully open up some team mates.

The worst part is the reasoning the Knicks didn't go after him, because they feel he'd take too many minutes away from developing players.... Who??? Duhon?!
    I think the main concern was worsening an already dismal state of affairs. Whoever blames Walsh for AIs retirement should be quiet. AI shipped his own way out of every good situation he was in with narcicism and arrogance. Why add more **** to an already **** filled scenario?

We don't need a gimmick. We need positive change.

Avon, Colorado, deep in the Rockies, played ball in St. Louis

Default He will be back in 8 weeks

Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    ...Man, he really could've gone out in style, instead, this happens.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    A guard or three is going to go down with a season ending injury in the next two months. The Red A.I. Emergency Phone in Allen's Bentley is going to ring and by the fans surprise, Allen Iverson returns after retirement. A huge press conference is held, Allen says that he is here to guide the team to a championship and his dream of the ring. This is a shocking revelation, that fans of all sports have never heard of. A first in all of sports. Everyone is amazed, Brett Favre says, wow, I can't believe a guy retired and came out of retirement.
    A.I leads the team to the second or maybe third round of the playoffs.

Any taker's in that theory? Remember, there is 6 months of hoops left this year.

He could still play. He should have waited for another offer. I'm sure it would have come sooner or later.

He's back !!!! I hope he lit up the scoreboard against The Knicks. Shove it down Donnie's throat.

Pumped to see him play Monday night. I got that NBA LEAUGE PASS MOBILE, since I live in DC, but wanted to keep an eye on my fantasy guys, but should be awesome for Monday that I'll be able to check this out on the IPhone. Anybody else have the app?

Thumbs down AI over Knicks?

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    He's back !!!! I hope he lit up the scoreboard against The Knicks. Shove it down Donnie's throat.
    Booooooooooooo.....

Routing against your own team. あほ.

I'm glad we flagged Iverson.

Donnie can sit back and be pleased he dodged getting a gimmick to delude or entice fans, while still achieving nothing. We have other goals in mind man. We don't need a repeat offending, problem child, wanna be gangster.

Surely you know that.

And if you think AI would have come in to this team and taken us to the playoffs, you're ****ing mental. He'll probably end up eating vaseline on youtube and then disappearing after a series of embarrassing events.

After watching his press conference last night I think the Knciks passed on a great opportunity to get one of the best players of the last decade, perhaps of all time. However I do understand what Ron Artest was talking about with the pressure of the NYKnicks. A.I. is an emotional guy that plays with a lot of passion. The knicks are a losing squad with a fan base as rabid as ever. NY would of chewed him up.

Still I would of got that jersey...

Good luck to A.I. (except when he's playing the knicks!)