Iverson just announced his retirement...

Paul1355

All Star
We had nothing to lose

Congratulations Donnie Walsh, on ending a Hall of Fame career.
seriously, we had nothing to lose with playing AI in Duhon's role. You know how Duhon would get out of his horrible slump? By not playing at all and having AI take over the Knicks. That would jump start Duhon pretty quick, and if that wouldn't then nothing would. Shooting until you get out of a slump is hurting this team and it's not improving Duhon's shooting.

If AI went crazy then we would just release him because we would have signed him for chump change anyway.

What's the problem in wasting 1.4 million when we wasted 20 million on Stephon's last year.

LeFlume

All Star
The best pound for pound player who ever played the game. No one played harder than A.I, He always came to work, never took a day off, always 100%. I love him for his work ethic. He played banged up and injured. Guys twice his size put him in on the floor in numerous occasions every night but he came back for more and more and he never complained. Fantastic player that I would be proud to have on my team. If he had been an Knick during his prime we would all have been in tears right now. He was NBAs public enemy #1 with his gangster image. Gave David Stern headache. NBA did not show pictures of A.I when he won rookie of the year because they thought he looked like a gangster. Gangster or no gangster. I only have one word for A.I's NBA career. RESPECT

Sage

Rotation player
That's so disappointing he's retired instead of heading to New York. At the very least he would have been entertaining, put up some points and attracted defenders which would hopefully open up some team mates.

The worst part is the reasoning the Knicks didn't go after him, because they feel he'd take too many minutes away from developing players.... Who??? Duhon?!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
That's so disappointing he's retired instead of heading to New York. At the very least he would have been entertaining, put up some points and attracted defenders which would hopefully open up some team mates.

The worst part is the reasoning the Knicks didn't go after him, because they feel he'd take too many minutes away from developing players.... Who??? Duhon?!

I think the main concern was worsening an already dismal state of affairs. Whoever blames Walsh for AIs retirement should be quiet. AI shipped his own way out of every good situation he was in with narcicism and arrogance. Why add more shit to an already shit filled scenario?

We don't need a gimmick. We need positive change.

Sage

Rotation player
I think the main concern was worsening an already dismal state of affairs. Whoever blames Walsh for AIs retirement should be quiet. AI shipped his own way out of every good situation he was in with narcicism and arrogance. Why add more shit to an already shit filled scenario?

We don't need a gimmick. We need positive change.

I don't think I blamed Walsh for AI's retirement, if no team wants him, he's done that to himself. But I still stand by previous comments that AI would have done good things in NY and was relatively low risk. I wanted to see AI in a Knicks jersey, it didn't happen, that of course was Walsh's doing (the reasoning was not destablising, it was because eating some of Duhon's 47 minutes is bad for some reason) , but it was every other GM's opinion too I imagine which his why no one signed him.

Ah well, I'll make do with highlights from the 2001 finals.

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
He will be back in 8 weeks

...Man, he really could've gone out in style, instead, this happens.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?hd=20091125&lc=NBA#STORY_22772

A guard or three is going to go down with a season ending injury in the next two months. The Red A.I. Emergency Phone in Allen's Bentley is going to ring and by the fans surprise, Allen Iverson returns after retirement. A huge press conference is held, Allen says that he is here to guide the team to a championship and his dream of the ring. This is a shocking revelation, that fans of all sports have never heard of. A first in all of sports. Everyone is amazed, Brett Favre says, wow, I can't believe a guy retired and came out of retirement.
A.I leads the team to the second or maybe third round of the playoffs.

Any taker's in that theory? Remember, there is 6 months of hoops left this year.:update:

Pumped to see him play Monday night. I got that NBA LEAUGE PASS MOBILE, since I live in DC, but wanted to keep an eye on my fantasy guys, but should be awesome for Monday that I'll be able to check this out on the IPhone. Anybody else have the app?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
AI over Knicks?

He's back !!!! I hope he lit up the scoreboard against The Knicks. Shove it down Donnie's throat.
Booooooooooooo.....:finger:

Routing against your own team. あほ.

I'm glad we flagged Iverson.

Donnie can sit back and be pleased he dodged getting a gimmick to delude or entice fans, while still achieving nothing. We have other goals in mind man. We don't need a repeat offending, problem child, wanna be gangster.

Surely you know that.

And if you think AI would have come in to this team and taken us to the playoffs, you're ****ing mental. He'll probably end up eating vaseline on youtube and then disappearing after a series of embarrassing events.

p0nder

Starter
After watching his press conference last night I think the Knciks passed on a great opportunity to get one of the best players of the last decade, perhaps of all time. However I do understand what Ron Artest was talking about with the pressure of the NYKnicks. A.I. is an emotional guy that plays with a lot of passion. The knicks are a losing squad with a fan base as rabid as ever. NY would of chewed him up.

Still I would of got that jersey...

Good luck to A.I. (except when he's playing the knicks!)

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
What some people fail to realize is that Iverson is a mothafukkin Icon. He's the most influential baller in NBA history. He influenced so many kids who grew up in his era. People imitated his moves because they were revolutionary. They can also relate to the struggles he faced coming up in Virginia.

So, to all the haters: eat a dick!!!