Donte Greene

SgtOrange

Benchwarmer
Now I know Greene has been hot early and it's too early to say he will play like this for the whole season, but he reminds me of a young Rashard Lewis before he stopped driving to the basket and settled for 3s all the time. We know Sacramento liked Nate last season, why not swap Robinson for Greene? In that case I'd like to move Chandler as well. Greene is a matchup nightmare at 6-11 with his shooting stroke and pairing him with Gallo on the perimeter would be deadly, and we'd be moving towards the "5 players over 6'8"" that D'Antoni said was his dream lineup. If we somehow managed to get a pick in this years draft, can you imagine a lineup like:

PG- LeBron
SG- Evan Turner
SF- Donte Greene
PF- Gallo
C- ?

Dreaming, I know

I like D.Green but he kinda reminds me a little of Al Harrington? Likes to play outside a little to much for being 6'9"+ and dosen't play very hard on the defensive side of the court. He should fit right in :p

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
Now I know Greene has been hot early and it's too early to say he will play like this for the whole season, but he reminds me of a young Rashard Lewis before he stopped driving to the basket and settled for 3s all the time. We know Sacramento liked Nate last season, why not swap Robinson for Greene? In that case I'd like to move Chandler as well. Greene is a matchup nightmare at 6-11 with his shooting stroke and pairing him with Gallo on the perimeter would be deadly, and we'd be moving towards the "5 players over 6'8"" that D'Antoni said was his dream lineup. If we somehow managed to get a pick in this years draft, can you imagine a lineup like:

PG- LeBron
SG- Evan Turner
SF- Donte Greene
PF- Gallo
C- ?

Dreaming, I know

Lebron James is not a point guard.

LeFlume

All Star
He should have stayed at SU. Zero b-ball IQ on that kid. One more year under Boeheim and he would have been a lotery pick and a starter. He lost millions by leaving to early..At least he could buy a used BMW.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
He should have stayed at SU. Zero b-ball IQ on that kid. One more year under Boeheim and he would have been a lotery pick and a starter. He lost millions by leaving to early..At least he could buy a used BMW.
We made shirts pleading with him to stay at SU, "Don'te Leave"

donte+leave.jpg

And I couldnt agree more, He stays and gets more time to develop he makes ALOT more money.... and is without question a top 10 pick

SgtOrange

Benchwarmer
Lebron James is not a point guard.

Have you seen him play? He takes the ball up the court most of the time and pretty much acts as Clevelands PG. They put him in screen and roll situations all the time, and he is one of the best passers in the league. No matter what the lineup says he's Clevelands primary ball handler and is a deadly pick and roll player.

SgtOrange

Benchwarmer
We made shirts pleading with him to stay at SU, "Don'te Leave"

donte+leave.jpg

And I couldnt agree more, He stays and gets more time to develop he makes ALOT more money.... and is without question a top 10 pick

Yeah he could have been great, but I think he would have made Cuse worse. Flynn needed the ball in his hands to be effective and Greene was a chucker. Definitely dont need him this year with Wes.