Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 61

Thread: Knicks/Nuggets

  1. #46
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Giants89FLY
    Well, Its 11:30.. Friday night. The knicks lose another heartbreaker..... Anyone down for some alcohol?
    Yep...a 40 would be nice about now

  2. #47
    Member Arod2k9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I just heard Al Trawig say the Knicks play for four quarters, lol wow

  3. #48
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Giants89FLY
    Well, Its 11:30.. Friday night. The knicks lose another heartbreaker..... Anyone down for some alcohol?
    Co-sign (even with the flu lol).

    So goddamn wrong that the writing gets written on the walls from virtually tipoff and yet D'Ant doesn't even not adjust properly...but adjusts in ALL the wrong ways. cheers m8s

  4. #49
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Arod2k9
    It's hard for me too root like a 20 year fan of the Knicks just shooting threes all game long. This is an abomination to us fans for this crap of basketball.
    Amen! It's why I cringed when we hired coach D'ant.... Harrington has a nice dish to Lee and he dunks it, but other than that every possession is go one on one and chuck a 3.

    This is exactly why Hill and Douglas get 12 minutes each night. We aint winning anyway. I don't care how good anyone is playing. I would rather lose getting the kid work, than almost win getting the 1-year vets their stats (so they can leave).

    Give me Iverson if that is the approach. Just cut N8, Hughes or Duhon and get me Iverson.

  5. #50
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    Amen! It's why I cringed when we hired coach D'ant.... Harrington has a nice dish to Lee and he dunks it, but other than that every possession is go one on one and chuck a 3.

    This is exactly why Hill and Douglas get 12 minutes each night. We aint winning anyway. I don't care how good anyone is playing. I would rather lose getting the kid work, than almost win getting the 1-year vets their stats (so they can leave).

    Give me Iverson if that is the approach. Just cut N8, Hughes or Duhon and get me Iverson.
    Amen x2. As Knicks fans we seriously don't ask for much from this franchise....how fcking hard is it to be an IMPROVEMENT on isiah'f'ing'thomas....I swear, I could be "ok" with losing if we just PLAYED our talent/future and drafted well....well, we won't even have to worry about drafting well this year....

  6. #51
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Damn, it's pathetic when we can look to fellow donkey-franchises and WISH our management had the instincts and wherewithall to even approximate them.

    Man, LeBron & Co. doesn't need to inflate their #s with D'Ant, the man will only move for a sure-thing championships.

    The *only* thing I can think of....Walsh is employing some jedi mind trick business and thinks we can get Rubio/Flynn/Harris/Wall/etc. in the OS, keeping in mind teams like Minn and NJ already have a glut of young, quality PGs.

    Even then...we need a PG in our system THIS year to flex our muscles some.....

  7. #52
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Amen x2. As Knicks fans we seriously don't ask for much from this franchise....how fcking hard is it to be an IMPROVEMENT on isiah'f'ing'thomas....I swear, I could be "ok" with losing if we just PLAYED our talent/future and drafted well....well, we won't even have to worry about drafting well this year....
    NOt saying I would prefer Lopez-Jennings combo instead of Gallo-Hill; BUt I love how Walsh acted like he wasn't privy to BJ's game. That their ONE attempt to scout him went badly b/c BJ didn;t show, and based on that we pass on the possible ROY candidate.

    This old man realized our future depended on the last 2 lottery picks (even more so than recruting free agents) and he passed on a 7-foot big man, a reliable scoring machine in Gordon, and then followed that up by not even being prepared.... Passing on the #1 recruit from the 2008 High School class? He was the top ranked player in his class, and we don't even both to do our homework?

    ARGH!

    This sort of lackidaisical approach is what irks me to the hilt.

    We take a kid with back problems, then another kid who barely played hoops (a 1 year wonder). Neither were highly touted or ranked, not like a Gordon, Lopez or BJ.

    I understand the Gallo pick. He has potential (although he may never live up to it). I even understand the Hill selection (he has offensive skills). Both are big bodies, so if you miss at least miss with height.

    I just cannot accept being told you were unprepared. WHAT ARE YOU DOING THEN? You had all year.

    Just like now.... you have all year to make sure you hit with your 2nd round selecitons.... People do that you know!

  8. #53
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Damn, it's pathetic when we can look to fellow donkey-franchises and WISH our management had the instincts and wherewithall to even approximate them.

    Man, LeBron & Co. doesn't need to inflate their #s with D'Ant, the man will only move for a sure-thing championships.

    The *only* thing I can think of....Walsh is employing some jedi mind trick business and thinks we can get Rubio/Flynn/Harris/Wall/etc. in the OS, keeping in mind teams like Minn and NJ already have a glut of young, quality PGs.

    Even then...we need a PG in our system THIS year to flex our muscles some.....
    Let's just hope MIN stinks and they can draft WALL- maybe then they'll trade us Rubio!

    This is why Hill and Gallo need to play. They're our only hope to recruit a Lebron. It was even reported today Lebron has a confident following Gall this year closely.

    Just think how funny it is now how we were told this team needed to win 40 games, make the playoffs, if they wanted to SHOW SOMEBODY SOMETHING. How quickly that goal was scratched right? Don;t hear much about those aims now.

  9. #54
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Ladies and Gentlemen,
    The New York Knicks.

  10. #55
    Member Arod2k9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    It is just torture to see Flynn, Jennings, Lawson playing so great so far. They look so polish, mature, NBA ready players. Gallinari/Hill are not in their class yet and its killing me and all of us. Douglas lately has been reminding me of Frank Williams and Mardy Collins. Remember those two? When God, when are the Knicks gonna have a solid draft pick, when? I just can't take this anymore people. We are curse! We trade for McDyess and breaks his leg the first time he wears our uniform. We draft Galllinari and first game he plays he ****s his back up.

  11. #56
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,918
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    NOt saying I would prefer Lopez-Jennings combo instead of Gallo-Hill; BUt I love how Walsh acted like he wasn't privy to BJ's game. That their ONE attempt to scout him went badly b/c BJ didn;t show, and based on that we pass on the possible ROY candidate.

    This old man realized our future depended on the last 2 lottery picks (even more so than recruting free agents) and he passed on a 7-foot big man, a reliable scoring machine in Gordon, and then followed that up by not even being prepared.... Passing on the #1 recruit from the 2008 High School class? He was the top ranked player in his class, and we don't even both to do our homework?

    ARGH!

    This sort of lackidaisical approach is what irks me to the hilt.

    We take a kid with back problems, then another kid who barely played hoops (a 1 year wonder). Neither were highly touted or ranked, not like a Gordon, Lopez or BJ.

    I understand the Gallo pick. He has potential (although he may never live up to it). I even understand the Hill selection (he has offensive skills). Both are big bodies, so if you miss at least miss with height.

    I just cannot accept being told you were unprepared. WHAT ARE YOU DOING THEN? You had all year.

    Just like now.... you have all year to make sure you hit with your 2nd round selecitons.... People do that you know!

    A must read thread.....
    preperation is a great start...

  12. #57
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,918
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by Arod2k9
    It is just torture to see Flynn, Jennings, Lawson playing so great so far. They look so polish, mature, NBA ready players. Gallinari/Hill are not in their class yet and its killing me and all of us.

    If we had a strategy (NBA) headcoach (offense/defense) the young and veteran players would look decent.
    Headcoaches that experiment 2-seasons in a row during the regular season is something the Knick-Fans had to endure throughout this past decade.

    We are simular to the Denver Nuggets team inwhich headcoach Dantoni got FIRED.....he was not equiped with the tools, equipment, or experience to lead a rebuilding-developing team. And by the Phoenix Suns selling all their first round & second round picks throughout the Dantoni era the experience is still missing.

  13. #58
    Member Arod2k9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    If we had a strategy (NBA) headcoach (offense/defense) the young and veteran players would look decent.
    Headcoaches that experiment 2-seasons in a row during the regular season is something the Knick-Fans had to endure throughout this past decade.

    We are simular to the Denver Nuggets team inwhich headcoach Dantoni got FIRED.....he was not equiped with the tools, equipment, or experience to lead a rebuilding-developing team. And by the Phoenix Suns selling all their first round & second round picks throughout the Dantoni era the experience is still missing.
    Agree, our coach's inability to adapt to a different approach (defense) and an organize offense makes this team worse than what it is. Just last night Carmelo gets 50 points like nothing and 10 of them all by himself on the fast break. How the hell those one person outruns five people which were scratching theirs heads (Lee) or were too slow like the rest. I can't believe how Duhon just brought the ball about five times and took a 25 footer. That's not basketball people and that's on the coach's principles.

  14. #59
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Let's not forget that the heinous 3 Du chucked up (not like there was just one...), after he already showed he was folding like a cheap suit, was following a TO and looked to have been a drawn up play...smh....

    This lineup takes inside penetration like an 80 yr old pornstar; it's time to give Darko some quality minutes over a good stretch and put Lee where he belongs.

    We need to catch lightning in a bottle to "save" the season, insofar as to even pretend that we have the rudiments of what could be a good future.

    This means unleashing Gallo, giving defense and Darko a shot while playing Lee where he belongs, and not shaming our franchise further by supergluing Hill to the bench while we watch other teams' young PGs trample us.

  15. #60
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    great game

Similar Threads

  1. Garden Malay
    By BallHead in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: Dec 18, 2006, 06:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •