Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D'antoni is a genius for benching Gallo in the 4th!

Default D'antoni is a genius for benching Gallo in the 4th!

What a brilliant move to start the 4th with Gallo (the future) on the bench against ORL, in a close game.

Gallo was 4-5 from the 3-point line (5-7 overall).... He was the 2nd leading s corer.... Sure, let's sit him for the do-nothings (Duhon, Hughes, Harrington). The do-nothings were a combined 7-25 at this point (18 points).

Toss in Jeffries and Duhon.... NO wonder ORL extended the lead to double digits.

Gallo never played in the 4th against DEN.

This is so smart of coach. Gallo will be well rested for 2010.

We really have a smart coach...playing to loose. We'll be luck to win 20 games with this jerk coaching.

Hughes misses a layup, then Harrington misses a 3, then Harrington steps out of bounds. This is classic!

We don't sign IVERSON b/c we're "building for the future" and don't want to disrupt the development of the kids.... HA!

Hill, Douglas, Landry are all DNP-CD! Not a minute for any of the rookies.

Darko sist the entire game, even though he's our only 7-footer.

Gallo sist the 4th, even though he was HOT and our 2nd leading scorer.

Sorry folks.... Knicks had a chance to win this game- this game was a perfect example of how D'ants rotation & subbing cost us the game.

N8, Harrington and Hughes 0-8 from 3 (Gallo is 4-5). I mean, isn't it a no-brainer who plays in the 4th? I'm beginning to think D'ant is heading to UTAH when the season ends, and he's trying to get the Jazz the #1 pick?

BUt hey, at least Jeffries, N8, Hughes got their work in.

Veteran

Back2back games of such pathetic, heinous coaching....

Watched this at a ORL fan's house and he couldn't stop laughing and thanking us -- thanking our "coach"...

Back to back putrid losses....each time supergluing Gallo to the bench in the 4th, and as another issue, Darko too.

Both times we don't even have the dignity as fans to even watch our rooks and future play quality minutes on any substantive level.

Gallo should have played in the 4th, but he was being abused by Lewis in the 3rd. He should have just been switched onto Pietrus.

Veteran

I know. It's infuriating to watch our team play. Seriously - we have good players like Gallinari sitting in the fourth quarter and we're giving Larry Hughes 9 shots (and he only makes one) and we let Nate Robinson play so he can promptly turn the ball over twice in 15 minutes. Let alone Al Harrington's 3 TO in 16 minutes...this is infuriating.

We have a good defensive center in Darko. Why the hell don't we play him against Dwight Howard?

We didn't sign Iverson because we were, according to Donnie Walsh, "building for the future" and we didn't want Iverson to take playing time away from our future.

Last time I checked Iverson would only be taking playing time away from Larry Hughes and Chris Duhon...if they're our future then Donnie Walsh needs to be fired. Since they're very simply and clearly not, why the hell are they playing? Why the hell aren't Toney Douglas and Jordan Hill playing? I wouldn't mind losing by 14 if Douglas and Hill got playing time because then at least we'd be building for the future, but we play ****ing Nate Robinson? Nate Robinson is a chump, get his ass off this team. Trade him for a bag of peanuts or something.

This loss is all on D'Antoni. Don't get me wrong - the Magic are a good team and there's no shame in losing to them if we go out and play hard and play our best. We didn't play our best because our best was sitting on the damn bench in the 4th quarter and we were playing the players who SHOULD be our second string players.

If I knew that we were going to be giving Larry Hughes and Chris Duhon 28 minutes each and that Toney Douglas would be sitting on the bench, then I would've signed Iverson long ago. Donnie Walsh needs to go up to D'Antoni and knock some sense into him - I know coach has his favorites, but let's be honest, there's no reason Darko shouldn't have played this game. Any coach with a brain would've started Darko at C and played Danilo in the fourth quarter, but apparently D'Antoni's got something else going on

Originally Posted by mafra
    What a brilliant move to start the 4th with Gallo (the future) on the bench against ORL, in a close game.

Gallo was 4-5 from the 3-point line (5-7 overall).... He was the 2nd leading s corer.... Sure, let's sit him for the do-nothings (Duhon, Hughes, Harrington). The do-nothings were a combined 7-25 at this point (18 points).

Toss in Jeffries and Duhon.... NO wonder ORL extended the lead to double digits.

I dont understand it. I'm glad he didnt bench Robinson in the 4th or we would have lost by a good 20+ points.
    Gallo should have played the entire 4th with Nate, if Gallo hit some big shots we could have tied this game and could have possibly won. Nate was on fire in crunch time and all we needed was another hot hand which could have been Gallo. I really dont like Mike D anymore.

mafra is 100 percent right. why develop gallo, when we can rest him and get him ready for next season. we need to develop jared jeffries. this is a man with immense potential. i call him giraffe for a reason. hes long and slim. hes very adept at missing layups, and airballing any shot he takes. hes very overrated on the defensive end, but luckily hes good at taking charges. i mean would isiah thomas give a man 35 mill dollars to do nothign? of course not b/c isiah was a very succesful GM. why put in toney douglass when u could put in duhorrible? perfect plan. duhon will be an integral key of success in the coming years. i just loved the gameplan tonight.

Veteran

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    i mean would isiah thomas give a man 35 mill dollars to do nothign?
    i think it was only 30m... which is overpaying that bum by
    $29,999,999.99...

Its hard to play any rotation on the Knicks

we have 3 SF's Harrington, Gallo, and Chandler.

Our other players aren't that good.

Douglas and Hill seem to have some potential but other than that our team is bad.

With the 3 above SF's being our better players., we are outmatched usually at the other spots.

Knicks will play Hill and Douglas alot at the end of the season, so I have no problem with them sitting now.

2010 is 32 days away.

Dantoni doesn't have a clue and he should be on the hot seat. Obviously the coach and Walsh isn't on the same page because I could have swore we passed on AI in favor of developing the rookies. Technically, the decision to pass on AI determined his retirement. Double fail for the Knicks.

Originally Posted by mafra

we were behind in the 4th, so he benched Gallo because at this point in time he is a liability on D. Scoring the ball in the fourth was not an issue -Nate took care of that for us- but rather getting stops

Al Harrington was put in to cause matchup problems for Orlando, by inserting Al at Center in Pulls Dwight away from the hoop, and yes Gallo couldve done it as well, but again he is still a major liability on D

But I do agree that Gallo needs to get more minutes down the stretch.

This is really looking like it is going to be an Isiah type bad season!

Oh Yeah...although Duhon out played him last night, Jason Williams is having a better season than Duhon, and Memphis has been looking good since picking up Tinsley....looks like we got this whole past off season wrong, from draft picks to signings -or lack there of-

Originally Posted by New New York
    Oh Yeah...although Duhon out played him last night, Jason Williams is having a better season than Duhon, and Memphis has been looking good since picking up Tinsley....looks like we got this whole past off season wrong, from draft picks to signings -or lack there of-
    You couldn't have said it any better.

Default *twitch* *twitch*

Originally Posted by New New York
    This is really looking like it is going to be an Isiah type bad season!
    *twitch* *twitch*</br>
    At least the NETS can say half their roster is injured...

And we can say that half our 2010-11 season roster is playing elswhere this season.