N8 f'ing Robinson

What do you think N8's modus operandi is in the NBA?

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
140X150_MERCH_new.jpg

Just looking for a consensus here. Am I the only one who thinks N8 is a terrible basketball player?

He's so uninspiring nowadays because he's obviously so uninspired.

It becomes more and more evident that it's not about winning with Nate Robinson. It's about a small man with a large penchant for attention.

Nate Robinson is one of the worst defenders in the NBA. He really is kryptonate on the floor because our team defense goes into cerebral shock and malfunctions whenever he's out there.

His decision making is so questionable I can not believe it.

Shame.

Paul1355

All Star
He is also a guy who can be amazing with his athleticism and is still very young. Any guy who can block Yao Ming and win a dunk contest at 5'9 has potential through the roof.

I agree that Nate acts like a moron and smiles when the team is losing. Maybe it is a way for him to make his team not think about how much they suck. When you constantly think negative, you lose confidence and lose all together.

Nate is not terrible whatsoever. He is a streak shooter that does not use his athleticism wisely. We saw in the game against the Magic how Nate completely took over in the 4th. He has that ability and anyone who has the ability to take over a game is something special and not terrible.

If you base skill because of a players attitude then this thread is just a Nate Robinson hating thread.

Nate is jsut very inconsistent. If Nate and Chandler became steady consistent basketball players, they would be permanent starters on any team.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
He is also a guy who can be amazing with his athleticism and is still very young. Any guy who can block Yao Ming and win a dunk contest at 5'9 has potential through the roof.

I agree that Nate acts like a moron and smiles when the team is losing. Maybe it is a way for him to make his team not think about how much they suck. When you constantly think negative, you lose confidence and lose all together.

Nate is not terrible whatsoever. He is a streak shooter that does not use his athleticism wisely. We saw in the game against the Magic how Nate completely took over in the 4th. He has that ability and anyone who has the ability to take over a game is something special and not terrible.

If you base skill because of a players attitude then this thread is just a Nate Robinson hating thread.

Nate is jsut very inconsistent. If Nate and Chandler became steady consistent basketball players, they would be permanent starters on any team.

We saw in the game against the Magic how Nate completely took over in the 4th. He has that ability and anyone who has the ability to take over a game is something special and not terrible.

Nate is jsut very inconsistent.

Well there's the conflict.

Inconsistency. My main focus in regard to skill, was the obscene lack of it on the defensive end.

I didn't hear you say anything about that.

Terrible was obviously a poor choice of words on my part. But his hopeless defense is only out weighed when he does take over and there's that equilibrium - and it's smelly. Inconsistency!

Focusing on downsides is easy to do when he's having a poor season compared to last year. So again, the question is:

What is N8's M.O?

That's what it comes down to. That's how I'll continue to judge him. I know the skill is there but it goes way beyond that as we know.

I'd still start him ahead of Duhon though obviously.

TunerAddict

Starter
Nate makes our team D worse. Just look at tonights game. Guys kept leaving their guys to cheat over and help Nate, or prepare to help him.

The other guys know how bad he is and adjust because of it, leaving guys open, or at least with a better chance to get open.

Paul1355

All Star
We saw in the game against the Magic how Nate completely took over in the 4th. He has that ability and anyone who has the ability to take over a game is something special and not terrible.

Well there's the conflict.

Inconsistency. My main focus in regard to skill, was the obscene lack of it on the defensive end.

I didn't hear you say anything about that.

Terrible was obviously a poor choice of words on my part. But his hopeless defense is only out weighed when he does take over and there's that equilibrium - and it's smelly. Inconsistency!

Focusing on downsides is easy to do when he's having a poor season compared to last year. So again, the question is:

What is N8's M.O?

That's what it comes down to. That's how I'll continue to judge him. I know the skill is there but it goes way beyond that as we know.

I'd still start him ahead of Duhon though obviously.
okay...Nate looks at himself more than he looks at his team. When he scored 24 points tonight against the magic and his team lose, he had a good attitude and seemed satisfied with the outcome.

Nate and a guy like Gallinari are competely different. One guy hates when his team loses even if he puts up good numbers(Gallo) and Nate smiles after a loss that he did good in.

Nate will only be consistent if he gets trust from Mike D to be the starting PG, otherwise I see Nate never changing.

Nate needs support and with that he will have a sky rocket in confidence, and with that confidence he can easily average 20 ppg.

The defense, as you mentioned, is poor by nate. His athleticism should make him almost impassible on defense. Nate needs a better defensive coach to teach him. Anyone with his athleticism can be a decent defender, even a great one.

Right now, because his team sucks and his coach is not playing him enough minutes, Nate is playing for himself. With trust and a new contract and Nate would be playing to win for his team.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Nate plays hard but he's a headcase and his defense is just awful.

He's not all that special. I'd buy the whole "he's immature" thing but he's been in the league for a while...

JayJ44

Starter
okay...Nate looks at himself more than he looks at his team. When he scored 24 points tonight against the magic and his team lose, he had a good attitude and seemed satisfied with the outcome.

Nate and a guy like Gallinari are competely different. One guy hates when his team loses even if he puts up good numbers(Gallo) and Nate smiles after a loss that he did good in.

Nate will o
nly be consistent if he gets trust from Mike D to be the starting PG, otherwise I see Nate never changing.

Nate needs support and with that he will have a sky rocket in confidence, and with that confidence he can easily average 20 ppg.

The defense, as you mentioned, is poor by nate. His athleticism should make him almost impassible on defense. Nate needs a better defensive coach to teach him. Anyone with his athleticism can be a decent defender, even a great one.

Right now, because his team sucks and his coach is not playing him enough minutes, Nate is playing for himself. With trust and a new contract and Nate would be playing to win for his team.

But why should we reward his inconsistency, bad defense, and immaturity with a starting spot? Shouldn't he have to earn it?

Kiyaman

Legend
Another reason why I never liked Breen and Frazier announcing Knick games, they start something and listeners run with it......watch the re-runs and u will see Nate was the first player back down court....styling while Orlando was taking out the ball. Marv Albert......I'm missing u never given Frazier a chance to say something stupid about the Knicks...

Kiyaman

Legend
How can anyone write something negative or make a negative poll about any of the Knick Players when in the Knicks last "99" games they have never seen any of the headcoaches team strategy on offense or defense?

After our 17th game (vs Orlando) celebrity-coach Dantoni has reach the level of being the "worst" headcoach the Knicks ever had in its NBA history. And the 3-14 record is not close to the reason.

We played 17 games and still we have not seen the tandem of "Hill & Lee" on the court together.....Hill's defense, shotblocking, rebounding, and 6 fouls has been needed in all 17 games played this season.

It is known that Dantoni takes things (above and) overboard "personally" towards players, and by Donnie Walsh drafting another foward with our lottery pick I am hoping that is not the reason why Dantoni is DNP PF-Jordan Hill.

Darko could have started every game this season and taking out early in the first quarter by deliberatly fouling oponents in the paint (backup) making Gallo the 6th man this season.
Chandler & Gallo recovering and healing from surgery was not suppose to "START" any games untill January.

Nate Robinson was suppose to be the Knicks "starter & finisher" this season with help guards Hughes & Douglas coming off the bench. <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Kiyaman

Legend
Out of respect for the friendship of the players and team

Ending contract players.....C-Darko, PF-Lee, SF-Harrington, Combo-Nate, and PG-Duhon, were suppose to be the Knicks "STARTERS" for the first 25 games of the 2009-10 regular season to set a foundation (of "Jellin") for the young players.

With our young bench players averaging above 35 points per game:
Combo-Douglas (defense/offense)
SG-Hughes (defense)
SF-Gallo (offense)
SF-Chandler (defense)
SF-Jefferies (defense)
SF-Landry (defense)
PF-Hill (defense/offense)
C-Curry (offense)

the portable man

Benchwarmer
worst thread ever

none of u make sense and never will, simply retarded

robinson is the ONLY knick player who doesn't need a screen to get past his defender....

he's shooting 48% last 5 games, scoring more than DUHON and HUGHES combined in significantly less minutes, overall fg% rapidly improving from a slow start and still way ahead of starters, yet he's inconsistent? GTFOH, duhon is 20% this thread topic shouldn't even be in the air

as for defense, at least he can stay in front of his man....if duhon, chandler, and lee weren't such SHIT defenders, the other team wouldn't be open all game every game from simple dribble penetration

robinson is the LEAST of knicks problems AND the most valuable piece, get a clue for once

no wonder this team is in shambles, we have the worst coaching staff and most retarded fans EVER, and i actually thought internet forums would see the light

pathetic

Kiyaman

Legend
worst thread ever

none of u make sense and never will, simply retarded

robinson is the ONLY knick player who doesn't need a screen to get past his defender....

he's shooting 48% last 5 games, scoring more than DUHON and HUGHES combined in significantly less minutes, overall fg% rapidly improving from a slow start and still way ahead of starters, yet he's inconsistent? GTFOH, duhon is 20% this thread topic shouldn't even be in the air

as for defense, at least he can stay in front of his man....if duhon, chandler, and lee weren't such SHIT defenders, the other team wouldn't be open all game every game from simple dribble penetration

robinson is the LEAST of knicks problems AND the most valuable piece, get a clue for once

no wonder this team is in shambles, we have the worst coaching staff and most retarded fans EVER, and i actually thought internet forums would see the light

pathetic

AGREED 100%
Lets Go Knicks

iSaYughh

Starter
Nate is deeply flawed, but he is still young with talent. And he can also clearly produce as an offensive gamer with the athleticism to morph into a prescence on D, as well.

Part of the reason we get on him so much is because he *has* the tools to be a good, dynamic player; yet he has not yet come close to harnessing them. This is maddening to us, but it also speaks to his (potential) worth. Nonetheless, the dude can produce, and he does produce.

Ideally, I still want to start him, see if he can animalize and light things up regularly, then trade him for a quality pick, and/or cap space move.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I think people look down at good offense because you can show off more.Why doesn't anybody complain about players who aren't good at screens and other stuff?Nate is the one showing guts on this team.Our only other hope for good/great shooting is Gallinari and he isn't agressive enough yet.Nate can get hot, and doesn't shy away from it.

With that said, the problem of this team is not Nate, not Chandler, not Duhon, it's D'ANTONI.He's the one making shitty line-up decisions.Say what you will about Nate's maturity level, but he plays with so much passion and fire.It's a joke anybody would complain about his defense because when he's off the court they're just as bad.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
D'Antoni...yeah. I've supported him throughout his tenure because, well, no matter how good your coach is, you aren't winning with a crap lineup, but some of his decisions as of recently haven't really helped. If we don't sign Iverson, we better be playing our rookies night in and night out, and D'Antoni isn't.

If we're facing quite possibly the best Center in all of basketball, we should probably be playing our best defensive center, and he doesn't. If we're down in the fourth quarter, we should probably put in our hottest shooter, and he doesn't. I can't blame Nate entirely because he does play hard which is more than you can say for most of our team, but he needs to learn how to play defense better than he has been, since he's certainly capable of it.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
worst thread ever

none of u make sense and never will, simply retarded:finger:

pathetic
well that's a conflict of opinion. The rest of us don't go crying like a manic cock about it though do we.

I say his defense is shit and your retort was simply: "at least he can stay in front of his man".

If you're gonna call people retards for differing in opinion then you're just a snakey on line princess.

Internet venting wanker.

The problem with nate is the same problem as every other player on the team

second tier nba talent forced into a larger role than he is capable of

I am going to keep posting the same thing over and over again until people stop wasting threads trying to find out why the knicks suck, or threads that point fingers at players or coaches about why the knicks suck

and that post is this

the knicks suck

because the players arent talented enough to win

end of story

Asimov

Benchwarmer
NATE: THE MOST DISGRACEFUL PLAYER TO GRACE A KNICKS UNIFORM

I'm glad Breen and Clyde called him out for being a dope in the 4th quarter again...showboating when ur team is down 8 points? This dude will never learn

D'Antoni needs to save face with the REAL fans (ones who don't hug on Nate's nuts)

Real Knicks fans or real basketball fans for that matter know Nate is not a real basketball player

Asimov

Benchwarmer
140X150_MERCH_new.jpg

Just looking for a consensus here. Am I the only one who thinks N8 is a terrible basketball player?

He's so uninspiring nowadays because he's obviously so uninspired.

It becomes more and more evident that it's not about winning with Nate Robinson. It's about a small man with a large penchant for attention.

Nate Robinson is one of the worst defenders in the NBA. He really is kryptonate on the floor because our team defense goes into cerebral shock and malfunctions whenever he's out there.

His decision making is so questionable I can not believe it.

Shame.

He makes me wanna punch him even after he scores- because you know he's gonna do something stupid like waste time stylin' to the dumb crowd who cheers him.

He thinks he's better than he actually is. He shows off after making a pass? You gotta be kidding me. That's what your supposed to be doing as a point guard in the first place.

I know David Lee probably wants to hit this guy in the mouth. You can bet your house on that

tiger0330

Legend
N8's entertaining for sure but you just don't want a guy that launches a 3 point shot at the other teams hoop on a winning team. No discipline, low bball iq and I doubt he'll ever have any. N8's like those team mascots, the Gorilla in Phoenix, Clutch the Bear in Houston, keep him around to sell tickets but don't expect to win many games with him.