Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would your starting lineup be?

Default What would your starting lineup be?

Because I know you are all sick of this.

Darko
    Lee
    Gallo
    Hughes
    Douglas

Darko and Lee compliment each other well. This Lee at Center **** has to stop.
    Gallo is our only piece we are never going to trade.
    Hughes for defensive purposes.
    Douglas...well, would YOU start Chris Duhon?

Curry- I'd give him around 20 minutes per game, depending on how much foul trouble he's in.

Nate- Meh. Depends

Chandler- 25 min.

Hill- 20-30 minutes. We're looking like total ****ing retards for passing on Jennings and Lawson (who I as well as half of KO wanted). We might as well play this guy. The less we play him, the more we look dumb.

Duhon- Whenever Douglas isn't playing?

Jeffries- Move him around C and SF. Defensively put him on the opposing PG. That's apparantly the only thing he can actually do

Landry- Oh how i wish it were Carl Landry. But I can't really make a decision, seeing as I've never seen him play.

What would you guys do? Cause we know half of KO has a better plan that coach D'antoni.

Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    Because I know you are all sick of this.

Darko
    Lee
    Gallo
    Hughes
    Douglas

Darko and Lee compliment each other well. This Lee at Center **** has to stop.
    Gallo is our only piece we are never going to trade.
    Hughes for defensive purposes.
    Douglas...well, would YOU start Chris Duhon?

Curry- I'd give him around 20 minutes per game, depending on how much foul trouble he's in.

Nate- Meh. Depends

Chandler- 25 min.

Hill- 20-30 minutes. We're looking like total ****ing retards for passing on Jennings and Lawson (who I as well as half of KO wanted). We might as well play this guy. The less we play him, the more we look dumb.

Duhon- Whenever Douglas isn't playing?

Jeffries- Move him around C and SF. Defensively put him on the opposing PG. That's apparantly the only thing he can actually do

Landry- Oh how i wish it were Carl Landry. But I can't really make a decision, seeing as I've never seen him play.

What would you guys do? Cause we know half of KO has a better plan that coach D'antoni.
    Your lineup is the best possible lineup. I have posted that same lineup on countless threads.

We get offense, defense, rebounding, and one thing we have not had in years...height!

I find it disgusting how a lot of fans see Darko as our starting Center and he is not even in games anymore.

I also find it disgusting how Douglas and Hill have played barely any minutes this year except for garbage minutes, when our team literally sucks testicles with the veterans in Duhon, Lee, Chandler(sometimes) and Jeffries

Thumbs up

Exact same line up as yours.

666 posts.

I also find it disgusting how Douglas and Hill have played barely any minutes this year except for garbage minutes, when our team literally sucks testicles with the veterans in Duhon, Lee, Chandler(sometimes) and Jeffries
    I could not agree more.

Veteran

Good lineup. Lee can't play C, he's just outmatched.

Putting Darko at C and Lee at PF doesn't change the defensive problem, but...Lee's much better on defense at PF than he is at C.

Start Douglas, he can't be worse than Duhon. Start Gallo, he's our best player. Start Hughes over Chandler at SG since Hughes is probably a better man defender than Chandler, although when Hughes' shooting starts to go south then put Chandler in since Hughes is really really streaky.

Hill should be playing whenever Darko or Lee isn't playing, and Chandler should be playing whenever Gallo or Hughes isn't playing. I guess we can still use Duhon as a backup PG, but he's more likely to be effective as long as he doesn't wear down so that might not be all that bad. Probably not worse than it's been recently, that's for sure.

Veteran

Honestly once Jordan Hill improves after we start increasing his minutes I'd love to start him over David Lee. He's way better at defense than David Lee is and unlike David Lee who can't make any semblance of a shot from more than three feet away from the basket Hill actually has a mid-range game as well

According to D'antoni (on his show on MSG) the reason he plays the veterans more is so they can get another contract this offseason and lengthen their careers. Personally, I think that's bull****. You should do whatever is best for the team. But who knows, maybe Darko, Hill, and Douglas play terribly in practice and D'antoni doesn't feel like they're ready for real gametime.

Veteran

So he cares more about the veterans' careers than he does about the Knicks?

Great.

Veteran

Hearty LOL @ D'Ant....I co-sign the lineups recco'd in a heartbeat. I might start Nate > Douglas, just to showcase and trade his ass mid-season to turn tricks for some new team. Hopefully we could get back a pick in the process, or package him with some of our (other) fodder.

At this point the only things we should be concerned with:

Developing our new blood, letting them flex a little for the potential FA's we ostenibly are doing everything we can to court, in the process.

DUMP (for cap, picks, or a point) N8, Lee, Harrington, Curry, Jeffries.

Everything else is secondary.

It is to shameful to be losing like this, not even be in the running for Wall, and we can't even see the new blood our franchise staked all our lives on get quality minutes.

Veteran

Yeah. It just goes to show just how awful Isiah was...

Veteran

at this point darko is buried so deep, 'toni mite not be able to even find him...

The lineup suggested will give the NYKs a better chance at allowing fewer points, and that's what they need!!
    WTF, man. It ****ing sux watching them give up 110 and more a night.
    Duhon is not a starter, he never has been except here. Play Douglas or N8. It's too late cause apparently we were deep at PG, and didn't draft one in a rich PG draft, wtf.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    So he cares more about the veterans' careers than he does about the Knicks?

Great.
    LOL! So true. Apparently he doesn't care about Darko's career (or Marbury). he cared so much about Hughes that he benched him for the first few games.

Veteran

I wonder just how disastrous the drafting of Jordan Hill while not bringing in a legit PG might be. Exactly how much did this piss off D'Ant, and cause a rift in the org.

Could it be that D'Ant's insane reliance on Duhorrible is to *show*, in a sense, part spite/ego move, to Walsh just how trashy the trash that he stuck him with is?

As much as we get on D'Ant lately, not that it isn't justified, look at what Walsh gave the man whose coaching style, system, and pedigree *demands* a legit PG who can deal.

And this past draft and offseason was a PG orgy and Walsh left us virgins.

Default start this

N8/Duhon
    Hughes/Douglas
    Chandler/Jefferies/Hill
    Harrington/Gallo
    Lee/Darko

Duhon needs to ride the plank. N8 can't do much worse on defense,
    and can do MUCH BETTER on offense.

Hughes playing well, deserves starting roll. Douglas needs to see minutes,
    WTF is going on with this 8-man losing rotation?

Gallo is not getting it done, disappearing for quarters at a time; he's essentially a rookie and needs to learn to get free. Harrington should be a starter, he's one of our best offensive weapons when DRIVING and not bricking 3's

Darko ain't gonna bust into rotation anytime soon, unless Jefferies/Curry gets traded, or Lee gets hurt. Until then, Lee is our best bet at C position.

Chandler needs to DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE. c'mon Wilson! DRIVE!