Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: Lawrence Frank

  1. #1
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,004
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Lawrence Frank

    I would replace D'Antoni with him.Would you?

    He doesn't play favorites or whatever.He even benched Carter and Harris when they had an unusual off game one time.I think there's a lot of coaches who'd do better than D'Antoni, but I want to know what you think of him in particular.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,644
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    at least 'opie' had his team playing some "D"... i'd replace 'toni in a heartbeat... he is fukin useless...

  3. #3
    Superstar johnstarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    My list of guys who I would rather see coach the Knicks over D'antoni.

    1.Byron Scott

    2.Jeff Vangundy

    3.Avery Johnson

    4.Lawrence Frank

    5.Maurice Cheeks

    6.Mark Jackson

    7.Clyde Frazier

  4. #4
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Lawrence Frank was winless with a worse team than us...

    No thanks.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,004
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Lawrence Frank was winless with a worse team than us...

    No thanks.
    If they were worse than the Knicks, then there was nothing anybody could have done to make them better.

    There has been a few games where the Nets were close and had chances to win WITHOUT Harris, Dooling, Yi, etc.

  6. #6
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I would replace D'Antoni with him.Would you?

    He doesn't play favorites or whatever.He even benched Carter and Harris when they had an unusual off game one time.I think there's a lot of coaches who'd do better than D'Antoni, but I want to know what you think of him in particular.
    This is one of the ugliest quotes on knicksonline of the season so far. Someone save this.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,004
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by Starks
    This is one of the ugliest quotes on knicksonline of the season so far. Someone save this.
    Explain.

    And you save it.

  8. #8
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by paris401
    at least 'opie' had his team playing some "D"... i'd replace 'toni in a heartbeat... he is fukin useless...
    I really don't think anyone could do much better with this pack of fairies though honestly.

  9. #9
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    If they were worse than the Knicks, then there was nothing anybody could have done to make them better.

    There has been a few games where the Nets were close and had chances to win WITHOUT Harris, Dooling, Yi, etc.
    I meant better lol.

  10. #10
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I would replace D'Antoni with him.Would you?

    He doesn't play favorites or whatever.He even benched Carter and Harris when they had an unusual off game one time.I think there's a lot of coaches who'd do better than D'Antoni, but I want to know what you think of him in particular.
    That attitude would get my vote. I have despised Mike D's substitution methods and it is a huge reason why we are 3-14. He is showing every game that he is over rated as a coach and is just like Larry Brown.

    Poor defense
    Horrible substitution methods
    Benching better players

    =

    3-14

  11. #11
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Explain.

    And you save it.
    Frank is one of the most overated coaches of the NBA in the past decade. I've been to enough Net games to see and hear fans gripe about his horrible substitution patterns that never make any sense, his lack of charisma that is horrible for young players, and his overall sub par plays that he draws up.

    He had a great relationship with the Nets management and thats the biggest reason he has been their coach for that long. He was wanted anywhere else and no players would come to a team to play for him. He's just a subpar coach really. He's no better than a Mike Brown or Mike Dunleavy to be honest. Certainly not a coach you would want to have on your team going into the offseason because he isn't going to draw any players here.

    Mike D is a coach players want to play for and he isn't really in a position to get critiqued until next year. This ugly team of misfits would make Jerry Sloan look like Don Chaney. When we get some ball players, then we can take the Knicks seriously. Still the idea of firing Mike D and replacing him with Frank is about the craziest thing I heard in awhile. If that ever happened, ESPN would dedicate an entire weekend covering the dumb move that just occurred.

    Frank's best years where when J Kidd was there...a player who makes his team and his coach look good. When Kidd left, Frank got even more exposed. Bottom line was that no player was motivated by him to play hard.

  12. #12
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,004
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by Starks
    Frank is one of the most overated coaches of the NBA in the past decade. I've been to enough Net games to see and hear fans gripe about his horrible substitution patterns that never make any sense, his lack of charisma that is horrible for young players, and his overall sub par plays that he draws up.

    He had a great relationship with the Nets management and thats the biggest reason he has been their coach for that long. He was wanted anywhere else and no players would come to a team to play for him. He's just a subpar coach really. He's no better than a Mike Brown or Mike Dunleavy to be honest. Certainly not a coach you would want to have on your team going into the offseason because he isn't going to draw any players here.

    Mike D is a coach players want to play for and he isn't really in a position to get critiqued until next year. This ugly team of misfits would make Jerry Sloan look like Don Chaney. When we get some ball players, then we can take the Knicks seriously. Still the idea of firing Mike D and replacing him with Frank is about the craziest thing I heard in awhile. If that ever happened, ESPN would dedicate an entire weekend covering the dumb move that just occurred.

    Frank's best years where when J Kidd was there...a player who makes his team and his coach look good. When Kidd left, Frank got even more exposed. Bottom line was that no player was motivated by him to play hard.
    All I'm saying is I think he'd do better than D'Antoni.I know Frank was fortunate enough to have the players that he did.The players liked playing for Frank too.As far as getting their players fired up, they're the same, except I really think D'Antoni has NO idea what he's doing.And I don't really don't see why we can't critique him now.If we get a big player and we do better, than the player is the reason, just like the players in Phoenix.

    Anyway, I'm not saying he'd be the best coach for the Knicks, all I'm saying is it sure would seem like a big improvement compared to D'Antoni.I think if one of the rookies had a good game, he'd wouldn't put him on the bench two games later.

    My coaching staff:

    Head coach: Walt Frazier
    Assistant Coach: Charles Oakley

  13. #13
    Member Arod2k9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    When Pat Riley got here from Lakers in 1991 he adapted to what was best for this Knick team which was: abused people, grind out games, overpower opposition. Riley Knew he couldn't make that team (Ewing, Oackley, Mark Jackson, Starks, Mason) play like the Lakers teams that won 4 championships under him running and gunning.

    Great coaches adapt to whats best for specific players and d'antoni is not doing that. He is trying to make us run when we don't have the players that are capable of doing it or even want to do it. He is now saying that he is slowing down which is total bull **** because he should of admitted that this team is not built to run and shot 3's like maniacs. Just seeing Harrington going one one one makes me want to throw up really, no wonder Nelly got rid of this bum.

    So yea d'antoni is doing such a horrible job this season that he should be fired. He won't get fired but I'm glad other people see his awful coaching. It seems like every game he does some stupid enough to cost us a win. The guy is an idiot and has an ego bigger than anybody I have ever seen.

  14. #14
    Superstar Scribbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    607
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    At this point, let's just get Mike Breen on the sidelines.

  15. #15
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    All I'm saying is I think he'd do better than D'Antoni.I know Frank was fortunate enough to have the players that he did.The players liked playing for Frank too.As far as getting their players fired up, they're the same, except I really think D'Antoni has NO idea what he's doing.And I don't really don't see why we can't critique him now.If we get a big player and we do better, than the player is the reason, just like the players in Phoenix.

    Anyway, I'm not saying he'd be the best coach for the Knicks, all I'm saying is it sure would seem like a big improvement compared to D'Antoni.I think if one of the rookies had a good game, he'd wouldn't put him on the bench two games later.

    My coaching staff:

    Head coach: Walt Frazier
    Assistant Coach: Charles Oakley
    Coaching isn't like NBA Live or Fantasy Basketball. You can't just pick players who haven't logged a single minute of professional head coach experience out of thin air because they were good players...In fact it's a common notion in the NBA that Great players turn into lousy coaches/executives. Mike-Magic-Bird-Zeke, etc etc etc.

    Good coaches were role players that had to work harder to last in the game because of their limited skills. Inherently they studied the game more and spent more time being a team player. It doesn't take hard thinking to figure out why this happens.

    I love Walt, but he is a legend and a great announcer. Thats where it stops. The game is different then when he was around and every year it becomes more and more common that he says remarks that sound like an old timer.

    Oak as an assistant might be a stretch. He's better suited as a specialist that works with certain players in the lockerroom.

    I'm sorry, but Mike D is no position to have his job on the line. This type of thinking brought the Knicks into the mess we are in. In fact to most Knick fans, that sentiment probably sounds very Dolan-esque

Similar Threads

  1. Lebron would rather play for Dantoni than Frank
    By DontForgetDerekHarper in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Oct 01, 2009, 06:09
  2. Daily News Mitch Lawrence
    By msilva177 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 06, 2008, 10:25
  3. Frank Willams traded!!
    By kriss childs in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jul 17, 2004, 00:28
  4. START FRANK WILLIAMS NOW
    By jasperjay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Dec 22, 2003, 06:23
  5. Frank Williams activated
    By allan20 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 22, 2003, 10:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •