Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: tonight we saw how ssol is supposed to work.

  1. #1
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default tonight we saw how ssol is supposed to work.

    and hughes showed how this team could be succesful for the rest of the season.apart from phoenix being a little off tonight, this team was clicking like its supposed to.i didn't see anything particuarly extroadinary from this team.they just passed the ****ing ball and hit the open man.

    i hope to god d'ant finally sees that even if you put a bow on a piece of ****, it is still a peice of ****.its clear that dudu blows.I'm blaming him for why the team has sucked; though d'ant should get some of the blame for his stubborness in playing this wino.hughes should be the pg from here on out. i think we can actually alot more games than most of us think from here on out.but the cancer needs to get cut out.**** dudu.

  2. #2
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    lets be realistic hughes isnt gonna put up 12 assists a night, but anyone could be better than duhorrible. but i doubt this knicks team can eva master the ssol, they dont have the personel, and most importantly no superstar pg. chris duhorrible has not only been mocked by us, but by other nba fans. just today i was checking a live daily dime chat from espn, and there were numerous comments about how chris duhorrible was the worst starting rotation player in the league. i could not agree more

  3. #3
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    i hope to god d'ant finally sees that even if you put a bow on a piece of ****, it's still ****
    I've been saying the same. Sadly, it translates on to most of the rest of our **** players.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,931
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo Our next 10 games will need everything we showed vs Suns

    Excuse me, if I did not open my bottle of Champaign over the Knicks blowout win over the Phoenix Suns. Knicks-126 Suns-99
    Out of the 5 top contender teams the Knicks played this season the Phoenix Suns are the only one the Knicks got a win from. But this Knick win was not like any of the Knicks last 35 wins (out of 100 games with coach Dantoni), The Knicks scored 100 points in the first 3 quarters. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what I said, "a 100 points in 3 quarters".
    And our oponents were not coach-Frank Nets.
    I just wish this Knick performance was against another top team other than the Phoenix Suns.

    The 100 points in 3 quarters was not the "Topper" of excitement in this game, the topper was the Knicks only allowed their oponents to score 76 points in 3 quarters, and the Knicks garbage bench players only allowed these oponents to score 23 points in the final quarter. Why its a "Topper" the Knicks oponents came into this game with a 14-3 record scoring above 100 points in all those games. And we all know the Knicks dont play defense to limit their oponents to 25 points per quarter. We are the team that allow our oponents to score above a 100 points. Los Vegas would be going bankrupt this morning if just a small amount of people bet on the Knicks to win.

    However, It was great watching the Knicks Jellin, scoring, annd even defending against a 100 point team. Was it the Knicks players wanting to prove they can beat Dantoni's former team? or was it coach Dantoni knowing Gentry's playbook plan?

    Whatever it was......Breen & Clyde went overboard saying Gallo (Rooster) name broadcasting this game, when it was very unusual to see David Lee with his hands up in the air defending every time on defense, with Larry Hughes consistantly making dynamite passes to his teammates while Nash & Richardson were crying at the defending presure Hughes were putting on them, and most unusual was how the amazing tandem of Harrington & Chandler were challenging Amare on both sides of the court. But it was Rooster this or Gallo that.....coming out of Breen's every other sentence.

    When Gallo was just being Gallo in this game.....which is the Knicks scoring weapon doing his best (on the low) to get accepted by all his teammates (especially ending contract teammates b/c Gallo suppose to be the Knicks highest scorer this season). Gallo is not acting like he agree with all the hype certain people are putting out there, Gallo just want to receive the ball and give his teammates an assist. At the end of the day Gallo just want to be accepted as a teammate.

    Oh yeah, Breen could not help himself in (trying to) putt-down Nate Robinson whom did a perfect job with our young players at garbage time by letting them get all the shot attempts. What Breen did not mention was how all the young players had Nate's back when any oponent tried to drive on him...

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,931
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    lets be realistic hughes isnt gonna put up 12 assists a night, but anyone could be better than duhorrible. but i doubt this knicks team can eva master the ssol, they dont have the personel, and most importantly no superstar pg. chris duhorrible has not only been mocked by us, but by other nba fans. just today i was checking a live daily dime chat from espn, and there were numerous comments about how chris duhorrible was the worst starting rotation player in the league. i could not agree more

    The Knicks have 4 different types of PG they can use in their rotation.
    All this Star PG stuff need to be thrown out the window with the way celebrity coach Dantoni been coaching and substituting players.
    Do any of u know how many different "starting-lineups" Dantoni had in 18 games this season?

    Dantoni went for Blake over Nash in Phoenix....so his B-Ball IQ is not high on the history of the Phoenix Suns (or the new Dallas Mavs) when Phoenix had "Keven Johnson & Hornachek" or "Jason Kidd & Matrix". Or the new Mavs Nash, Finley, and Dirk.

    Dantoni has been stuck on Duhon even when he seen Marbury performance in preseason was the best player on the team as a "combo-guard".
    The average Knick-fan could make two decent lineups out of the Knicks roster that is better than what Dantoni showed us in the last 18 games.
    The Knicks roster is not a 8-Man rotation in the NBA.....for the Knicks roster to be above .400 record it have to be a 10-man rotation chipped down to a 9-man rotation by midseason.

  6. #6
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Whatever it was......Breen & Clyde went overboard saying Gallo (Rooster) name broadcasting this game, when it was very unusual to see David Lee with his hands up in the air defending every time on defense, with Larry Hughes consistantly making dynamite passes to his teammates while Nash & Richardson were crying at the defending presure Hughes were putting on them, and most unusual was how the amazing tandem of Harrington & Chandler were challenging Amare on both sides of the court. But it was Rooster this or Gallo that.....coming out of Breen's every other sentence.
    I was amazed at how much Gallo was praised on both ESPN and NBA.com as well. NBA.com in particular had a separate video called Gallo's big night or something to that affect. He showed his best tonight but that's gotta be a first for a sub 30pt outing for a highlight reel.

    It's gotten beyond obvious btw, that Gallo absolutely should be first in shot attempts followed by Harrington...

    Great game tonight. Loved it.

  7. #7
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    No doubt that this was a TEAM win, but certainly Gallo was a HUGE part of that win and I hope he is more involved in the game plan from here on out.

    I agree that we need to play more players, keeping legs fresh and giving defenses different looks. Duhon should be the back up/2nd option but I think it'll be a few more big outings by douglas and hughes before that happens.

    I have to disagree and say that i am pleased it was against the suns. We played great team defense on one of the best offensive teams in the league. That is a huge victory for us. A win against another top 5 team could of meant a key player was out or some other garbage, but no. This was a complete team playing. And we rocked the house.

  8. #8
    Superstar dre48ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    681
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Of course the win brought a smile to my face, but we have to move on. I'm glad Gallo is a stud, what a block! He can score and is a team player. Who knows what's gonna happen at the point, but Duhon is not a starter. Hughes is really solid, he is very versatile. He really is growing on me, good defender and he dished the ball tremendously.

  9. #9
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    This was a great win mostly because they needed it badly. I'm not concerned too much about the blowout because either way a win is a win. This was a combination of the Knicks playing at their best and the Suns playing at their worst. With that said, here is my assessment of the game.

    I believe Dantoni wanted this win more than any other game this season for obvious reasons. He left the Suns for more money and the Suns have done pretty well since, while he has struggled mightily in NY. Can't really knock him for wanting more money but it does makes you look silly when you leave a pretty good team for a horrible one just for the money. The way he was talking to the team during a timeout made me believe he would do whatever he could to motivate his players to a win. Why so passionate now and not all season?

    Forget SSOL, its useless for this team. The motion offense they played last night maximized their strengths. Constant movement without the ball confused the Suns defensively. Gallo played well because he mixed up his shots and didn't limit himself to 3 pointers. Also, Hughes did a great job of reading the defense and constantly finding the open man.

    The funny thing about this win was that it encompassed EVERYTHING people on this site said Dantoni should have his players do. They still took a lot of 3s but they were better shot attempts than in previous games. So why did it take him so long to implement this kind of game plan? I joked and told my friend that he was so fed up with losing that he decided to search the blogs for tips. (I was only half joking when I said that)

  10. #10
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    lets be realistic hughes isnt gonna put up 12 assists a night, but anyone could be better than duhorrible. but i doubt this knicks team can eva master the ssol, they dont have the personel, and most importantly no superstar pg. chris duhorrible has not only been mocked by us, but by other nba fans. just today i was checking a live daily dime chat from espn, and there were numerous comments about how chris duhorrible was the worst starting rotation player in the league. i could not agree more
    this system is known for inflating statistics.i think what is unlikely is that he averages 10 assists in a quarter.can he average ten dimes or 9 dimes a night?i think so.

    kiyaman, i totally disagree with your "whatever it was".i can honestly that their where plenty of instances where i laughed my ass off at avi on d, because he does what he always does,doorman status.the guy can actually be a decent defender IF he only tried.but he just flat out refuses to play defense.

  11. #11
    Superstar th3realicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    573
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I saw this game at the Garden and was very impressed with a couple of things:

    1- Gallos sweet shot. He has one of best deliveries i have ever seen. Lets hope his back doesnt become a problem couse at 21 we seem to have one of the rotation spots set.

    2- Tone Douglas for that little time he played looked legit. Not sure i want to name him the future point gouard though. I am not very sold on his skills yet, however he deffinitively has the sparks that might help him evolve in a decent one.

    3- D-Lee looks like he has given up on the idea of having a long term deal with the Knicks. I think deep down he knows he is not part of the 2010 project. I feel bad because he has been the face of the Knicks these last years, however he was that face during a sorry arse period.

    4- D'antonis' decisions puzzle me a little. I am starting to have my reservations on his plan. If he wants to bank the season why not play the youth? Jordan Hill is rotting on the bench and when he gets garbage time he stinks. His confidence is down the drainange.

    5- Duhon is done. I know i was one of the few that liked his professionalism on and off the court but that doesn't win games. There is no substitute for talent no matter how hard your try. I would however try to get him get a minimum wage so he can stick around be the second choisse PG.

    6- Larry Hughes should be given a second chance. I really believe it, he can still shoot and he also provides extra assists. I like his aproach also, the guy can ball.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Larry Hughes needs to be given a second chance? I'm pretty sure everybody on this board agrees that Hughes is one of the few players on our team that's pulling his weight - he plays hard man to man defense and he might be the only guy on our team who does. He's an effective scorer when he's on, but when he's off his shooting is atrocious. Nevertheless, he showed excellent court vision last night and should probably play the point over Duhon...

  13. #13
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Larry Hughes needs to be given a second chance? I'm pretty sure everybody on this board agrees that Hughes is one of the few players on our team that's pulling his weight - he plays hard man to man defense and he might be the only guy on our team who does. He's an effective scorer when he's on, but when he's off his shooting is atrocious. Nevertheless, he showed excellent court vision last night and should probably play the point over Duhon...
    I would rather play hughes at SG and put douglas at point.


    Eventhough hughes is playing solid, his jumpshot makes me cringe everytime. Start him until someone better comes along.

  14. #14
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    I was amazed at how much Gallo was praised on both ESPN and NBA.com as well. NBA.com in particular had a separate video called Gallo's big night or something to that affect. He showed his best tonight but that's gotta be a first for a sub 30pt outing for a highlight reel.

    It's gotten beyond obvious btw, that Gallo absolutely should be first in shot attempts followed by Harrington...

    Great game tonight. Loved it.

    gallo was the frontpage of espn.com/nba for a like half the day. and to kiyaman, breen and frazier are knicks fan too. they like everyone of us here hope to god that gallo becomes a star. i have no problem with them emphasizing what he does. lets face it, he is the only one on this team with all-star/superstar potential (well i guess some ppl wud count jordan hill to). id rather hear how gallo's doing than hear about harrington and hughes who probably wont be here next season.

  15. #15
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,262
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    This was a great win mostly because they needed it badly. I'm not concerned too much about the blowout because either way a win is a win. This was a combination of the Knicks playing at their best and the Suns playing at their worst. With that said, here is my assessment of the game.

    I believe Dantoni wanted this win more than any other game this season for obvious reasons. He left the Suns for more money and the Suns have done pretty well since, while he has struggled mightily in NY. Can't really knock him for wanting more money but it does makes you look silly when you leave a pretty good team for a horrible one just for the money. The way he was talking to the team during a timeout made me believe he would do whatever he could to motivate his players to a win. Why so passionate now and not all season?

    Forget SSOL, its useless for this team. The motion offense they played last night maximized their strengths. Constant movement without the ball confused the Suns defensively. Gallo played well because he mixed up his shots and didn't limit himself to 3 pointers. Also, Hughes did a great job of reading the defense and constantly finding the open man.

    The funny thing about this win was that it encompassed EVERYTHING people on this site said Dantoni should have his players do. They still took a lot of 3s but they were better shot attempts than in previous games. So why did it take him so long to implement this kind of game plan? I joked and told my friend that he was so fed up with losing that he decided to search the blogs for tips. (I was only half joking when I said that)
    WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT
    MIKE D NEVER LEFT FOR THE MONEY DUDE, HE WASNT EVEN IN THE MARKET FOR A COACHING JOB UNTIL HE GOT FIRED.
    HIM AND KERR CAME TO ODDS WITH EACHOTHER AND HE WAS FORCED OUT.
    AT NO POINT DID MIKE D EVER EVER EVER CONSIDER MONEY AS AN OPTION FOR LEAVING PHO, HIS PET NASH, AND HIS CORE OF SHOOTERS WHO FLOURISHED IN HIS SYSTEM. HE LOVED PHO AND STATED TO MIKE AND THE MAD DOG ON WFAN THAT HE WAS UPSET ABOUT LEAVING AND WISHES IT DID NOT HAVE TO BE THIS WAY, BUT THINGS HAPPEN AND HE IS EXCITED ABOUT THE NEW CHALLENGE.

Similar Threads

  1. Religulous
    By LJ4ptplay in forum Hangout
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: Nov 10, 2008, 14:10
  2. Where do you work?
    By Skyhi300 in forum Hangout
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jun 29, 2005, 20:26
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sep 17, 2003, 08:58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •